• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013: Vita Has Games

smr00

Banned
I am ok with ports. Don't understand some of the backlash here, especially considering PS4 didn't get any for the 900 indie ports they are getting, or the 80000 ports mobile has.

More ways of playing good games is great for me. Do i have some of these games? Yup, do i want to play them outside of my house? Yup. Time to get a vita. Hotline Miami on the go sold me on the Vita by itself.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Splendid. I'm probably going to end up buying most of these indie games, so I really hope they launch with a small Plus discount.

Qassim

The Vita is the only place I can play most of these in a portable scenario. Which I care about for my portable system.

Many indie games are perfect for portable play too, because they're often smaller, easily digestible experiences. Hotline Miami should be great on the Vita!

haikira

Already have and love Hotline Miami and Lone Survivor, but i'll happily grab them again on the Vita.

As for games i haven't played but i'm interested in, i'm looking at Tearaway, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Hohokum, BIT TRIP Presents Runner2 and Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark.

Quite a few ports in the OP list. But overall, still a very nice list.

I have a 4gb card. so if I get a 32gb card and put this in, does it auto link to my account already? or do I have to copy stuff over from the 4gb to 32gb? do people have multiple mem cards for each vita?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
One of the guys I know who went said KZ looks about as good as KZ3 on console. It does indeed look impressive.

atomsk

Party Pooper
two things

Ys: Memories of Celceta is going to be November, both Amazon and Gamefly have changed the release date. (only Gamestop still says September)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 - there is zero confirmation that this is ever getting released in English. Maybe Bamco will say something after the PS3 version is out, but it's not looking likely

Yes, I'll buy 70% of this list. Still waiting for more information about TxK though.

Pre-ordered: Jak&Daxter Collection, TearAway and Killzone

I hope Ys also comes to Europe, otherwise I'll import the game. Which site is the best for import??
<3

Jawmuncher

Ignoring the ports its said that the western support is basically all from indies. Most everything else is from Japan. I can't blame em though. I mean there's more than enough here I want and ill play but in terms of sheer hype I for once am more excited for what the 3DS has coming. Which feels so weird because I was all about PSP and many considered that lacking in games to DS.

ionca

Banned
Yes, I'll buy 70% of this list. Still waiting for more information about TxK though.

Pre-ordered: Jak&Daxter Collection, TearAway and Killzone

I hope Ys also comes to Europe, otherwise I'll import the game. Which site is the best for import??
<3

playasia

I have a 4gb card. so if I get a 32gb card and put this in, does it auto link to my account already? or do I have to copy stuff over from the 4gb to 32gb? do people have multiple mem cards for each vita?

Content manager, backup of your 4gb, then put your 32gb in the vita, if it's new it's gonna get formatted and require your PSN info. Then content manager, reverse backup of your 4gb (which has been on your pc) to your vita. Enjoy the size.

$h@d0w

two things

Ys: Memories of Celceta is going to be November, both Amazon and Gamefly have changed the release date. (only Gamestop still says September)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 - there is zero confirmation that this is ever getting released in English. Maybe Bamco will say something after the PS3 version is out, but it's not looking likely

Thanks for pointing these out, I feel like I should put a "release dates may change" disclaimer too.

Vlaphor

I recently rebought my Vita on ebay for $150 after my last one had been stolen and i realized that there were about five games out right now that I wanted to play, plus several ones still coming out. Looking forward to alot of these releases.

kick51

Banned
The only bad game on that list is Epic Mickey 2.

The rest look great.

I'm also not caught up on the entirety of game history like the rest of this site (apparently) and enjoy playing things on my Vita more than my PC and even my PS3, so I like what I see, ports and all.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Thanks for pointing these out, I feel like I should put a "release dates may change" disclaimer too.

No prob, they are both games I really want, so I've been keeping tabs on em.

Also wish they would mention a Spelunky date besides "Summer", I loves me some Spelunky

Jobbs

Banned
I really love the Vita hardware as well as the Wii U hardware, and I apologize if this is a bit off topic, but I'm just curious: Why are companies so willing to make games for Vita, but not Wii U? Don't they both have similarly weak install bases?

spectyre

Most likely I will get all of the big titles on the list.
As far as the "Indie Titles", Counter Spy really piqued my interest. Looks really fun

Edit: Off Topic: In August I will have been on Gaf for 3 years... and I'm still a junior. I wonder what the record is?

kick51

Banned
I really love the Vita hardware as well as the Wii U hardware, and I apologize if this is a bit off topic, but I'm just curious: Why are companies so willing to make games for Vita, but not Wii U? Don't they both have similarly weak install bases?

I thought indie stuff was booming on wiiu.

anyway, my guesses are that it's less expensive, digital sales on vita might be better than we know, and they don't want to compete with 1st party nintendo games.

I see lots of indie Digital only tittles and ports...
...And?

Sony have a lot more vocal employees out there chasing down indies and third-parties.

Danneee

Flower!
Does that mean Journey might be on its way as well? That would make it so much easier to sell my ps3 and buy a vita this fall.

Elios83

Definetly many great games.
Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, FFX, YS Celceta, Killzone Mercenary and Tearway are definetly on my list.
I still have to decide if I'm going do double dip on Walking Dead and God of War Collection (they will end up on Plus anyway).
Unfortunately the list lacks new blockbuster games which can trully sell hardware, it's mostly the sort of high quality but niche stuff that is greatly appreciated by a minority.

LAA

Looking good for Vita with all those games, but same as others say, I don't think its enough to sell the system and they are mostly ports. Saying that, I'd LOVE KH 1.5 HD ReMix to be on Vita!

Really I think the Vita needs some epic love from 3rd parties, a quality FPS for one (Which hopefully Killzone delivers and hopefully Bioshock Vita if it ever comes...), and really I'd love a quality RPG on it, something similar to FF7:CC or just release Type-0 for it!!
I'd love to see a God of War and/or a MGS exclusive on it too, but probably not due for sometime if ever.
They're the type of things I'd think Vita needs and just deserves really.

Other than that, Sony should just keep making the Vita better, such as SAVE MANAGEMENT and EASILY SWITCH ACCOUNTS/MEMORY CARDS. They're the two biggest gripes I have with Vita.

Top Bottom