• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN's hard hitting journalism...is Cap'n Crunch really a Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jKi7WhA.jpg

The online debate being referenced was apparently started by this image:

S2Dsivjl.jpg

Even if he was just a Commander, a number of naval vessels often have commanding officer of that rank, and are still referred to as captains of their ships regardless of actual rank. The Cap'n himself has responded:

91alSH2.png

This scuzzy kid I went to high school with had a "Cap'n Chronic" T shirt. I don't know where the hell he got them but he had the coolest fucking shirts of all time.

Measley

jKi7WhA.jpg

The online debate being referenced was apparently started by this image:

S2Dsivjl.jpg

Even if he was just a Commander, a number of naval vessels often have commanding officer of that rank, and are still referred to as captains of their ships regardless of actual rank. The Cap'n himself has responded:

91alSH2.png

All the problems in the world, and CNN is reporting this shit.

picardholdhead2.gif

Oozer3993

CNN isn't presenting this as "news." This is from their morning show "New Day" which is their version of The Today Show or Good Morning America. This is one of the specifically chosen "lighter fare" stories that every morning show that has ever existed has used.

Besides, by the year 3000, he'll be an admiral.

rVNISIn.png

Flatline

Banned
They don't know how to get news anymore...

They certainly do, just take a look at what's happening in the world lately and you have your 24h program cut out for you. What they're looking for though are news for the lower common denominator idiot consumer... and that's what you get with CNN and other "news" channels.

Joni

They certainly do, just take a look at what's happening in the world lately and you have your 24h program cut out for you. What they're looking for though are news for the lower common denominator idiot consumer... and that's what you get with CNN and other "news" channels.

It wasn't even in a news broadcast...

Does CNN actually have any investigative journalism anymore? I remember a Jon Stewart segment which revealed/suggested that it had lost funding. Or was that international news?

Ovid

CNN is trash now. I can't stand that channel.

Getting rid of Soledad to put on Chris Cuomo. Seriously!?

Isn't Doctor Mario a plumber?

I'm confused.

You can be Dr. and a plumber. You can write your dissertation and become a doctor and work as a plumber. Nothings wrong with that (in mushroom kingdom). Did Mario ever told you he is a doctor in any medical sense? Just cause he fights viruses? He can fight those stupid viruses and bakteria in your toilet with his "pills" maybe its just Mario*s imagination cause he hates his job. I don't know...I'm confused...Should eat some Frosties from Tony the tiger...hope he is still a tiger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom