• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Release November 13 according to MediaMarkt

SToRM

It's going to be tough reading US GAF talk about their hands-on experience with the system while us Europeans have to wait for another 2 weeks.

Zeth

Been gaming since the DOS era. Not young, just not a "day one" kind of guy. ;)

Understandable! I do have fond memories of caressing my Blue Stinger box pre 9/9/99. Don't judge, it was the only one in stock

Are we operating under the assumption that the EU release will be later than US? Does this mean late October could be real?

S¡mon;65062236 said:
MediaMarkt is a huge retailer in Europe. I believe them.

Greatness Awaits.

Yes, and because they are so huge (read: well funded) they really don't care if they are a few days off with the date. They want to create a hype so they get more pre-orders at their stores. I wouldn't trust them... trust me ;)

redfirm

Banned
hey guys, the poster is made and printed by mediamark, the delivery date is random. i talked to a few of my friends who work there. 13 november would be at it latest. expect it end of october

I hope that release date is correct. I'd hate for the console to come out in October because there are WAY too many good games coming out in September and October to have time to play it. Not sure if that would affect sales one bit but its just a thought.

dorkimoe

Huh. So if this is true, that means retailers are going to be getting PS4 games before the actual consoles? Has that happened before?

Yes. When i worked at gamestop we got the ps3 games in about a full week before the actual systems came in, and the games werent street dated so we were selling them, it was weird

MMaRsu

Banned
hey guys, the poster is made and printed by mediamark, the delivery date is random. i talked to a few of my friends who work there. 13 november would be at it latest. expect it end of october

SWEET, even better news. If they can launch on 1/11/2013 it would be even fucking better :D.

Kyoufu

It's going to be tough reading US GAF talk about their hands-on experience with the system while us Europeans have to wait for another 2 weeks.

Yeah I might just import it since I'm impatient. :(

That would be great.

Bishop89

126331_o.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Could be worse...could be waiting until who knows when, like Japan Gaf.

I would personally think October is too early to be considered "holiday" (at least here in NA) but I don't know how businesses view it.

Minigo

Even so, Im Australian, which means we'll probably get the European release date.

Still want that 29/10 date.

you might want a july date for all I care, but don't complain for just 2 weeks after the North American Market, you could have gotten it way worse, this is SONY we are talking about, and Europeans usually get shafted by SONY hard.

Take the 2 weeks difference and be grateful.

Interfectum

ok maybe i missed something but where is this 'late october' PS4 release thing coming from? GAF speculation or what?

nvm read the best buy thread

redfirm

Banned
I will geek the fuck out if PS4 launches late October in 'merica. Holy shit.

well its the final week of october so starting the 28th of october.

this is all the information i've got. i still dont know why sony would release on 28 october. i am guessing to be a few weeks ahead of xbox one ?.

Top Bottom