• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami PS3/Vita |OT|

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
uglrGHE.png

Platform: PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita

Release Date: June 25 (US), June 26 (EU)

Genre: Action

Price: $9.99 / £6.49 / €7.99

New Features:
  • Trophies, including a Platinum
  • New Russell mask (black and white mode)
  • Touch lock-on (for Vita)
  • Leader boards
  • Cross-buy #YOPO
Screenshots:

Videos:
Reveal Trailer
E3 Playthrough

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What are the puzzle pieces for?

http://hotline-miami.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle

Throughout the game the player may pick up puzzle pieces that have a letter upon them. These letters form a simple word puzzle where the player has to figure out what all the letters put together mean. The puzzle may be accessed during a game by pressing ESC then selecting Puzzle, provided the player has at least one piece in their possession. Completing the puzzle gives access to the secret ending in Resolution by using the computer in that level.

krpiper

You can also use square to lock on to the nearest enemy and flick the right stick to cycle through.

I dunno why they didn't tell you this

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pro tip: You're going to sit and try to meticulous plan your way through the levels. Don't. You'll fail over and over. It's far better to throw caution and planning to the wind and just blitz forward like a mad man.

eroots

will have to get this once i get a Vita... played thru the whole game on PC and it was EXCELLENT. Just waiting for a sale and the ps4.. then it will be mine :)

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Anyone else having trouble syncing trophies for this game on their Vita? I keep getting an error message.

abrack08

Never played this on PC. Watched a few videos and didn't really understand what the hype was about. Played it on my Vita last night and... It's a hell of a lot of fun. Very surprising, didn't seem like my kind of game.

Razlo

Playing this on Vita after having a hard time with the PC controls, and digging the Vita controls much better.

Always thought it was a cool game, now I'm happy I can play it without controls frustration!
:)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Already own the PC version. Bought the Vita version last night. Can't wait to play.

What does "raging bull" do for that mask in the OP? I know the color scheme is different. I assumed he'd have a bald-bull-esque charge or something

ULTROS!

Platinuming this game seems kinda crazy.

ampere

Tempted to buy this again just to see how it plays with a controller.

Also to support weird and fun games like this.

aro52

Pro tip: You're going to sit and try to meticulous plan your way through the levels. Don't. You'll fail over and over. It's far better to throw caution and planning to the wind and just blitz forward like a mad man.

Yeah, I went through the first 3-4 levels, taking my time, watching guy's paths, locking-on before going in, but I'm quickly starting to find that doesn't work anymore! (just got to the first level with a dog)

Dawg

The instant respawn system adds to the fun. I never feel frustrated when I die because there's no slow ass loading screen or anything, you're right back in the action.

Paches

Comparing this to the PC version, seems the scale of scoring was toned down quite a bit for the Vita so grades are easier (what with the control scheme and all). Anyone else finding the same? Not complaining, actually happy they did that since mouse and KB controls allow for much faster clearing.

Guevara

Bought it last night even though I probably won't have time to play it until this weekend. Gotta show that indie support.

ironcreed

Banned
Someone please enlighten me as to what makes this game so amazing. I have seen the buzz surrounding it since it launched on PC, but never really bothered to look into it. What is the hook?

Kydd BlaZe

I have this on Steam, but I'm double dipping for PS3 :)

Got it, enjoying it on my ps3 so far. Like the controller controls much better so far, and TROPHIES!

Can't wait to try this out when I get off from work. I hated playing this with kb&m. I really want to see how this plays on console.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope I'm 100% wrong, but I played Retro City Rampage, and was very quickly bored with its rinse/repeat style.

HLM isn't like that is it?

The Japanese Vita O/X thing takes some getting used to in this game (X to restart is actually O to restart.. but it still says X to restart lol), and I'm not sure I like the touchpad look/lock function (takes too much time, causing me to lose combo chains)...

Plays perfectly on PS3, though.

Top Bottom