• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nhlducks35
(06-27-2013, 08:41 AM)
This picture is similar to the pictures that were taken showing the contents of the PS4 box. This might have been the $500 bundle that Sony was going to announce before they decided to remove the game and Eye to make the price $400. Or it may even be a future bundle that may come out soon.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...-knack-leaked/

The $400 one:

ElTorro
I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
(06-27-2013, 08:42 AM)
Would have bought it.
Goon Boon
Thank fucking god.
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
From what Shu Yoshida said, they may well announce a premium bundle later, for launch. Camera + a game would make sense, from a value point of view, of a 500 bundle vs the 400 model. Obviously the camera alone wouldn't do it, with it being only $60 separately.
Nome
(06-27-2013, 08:43 AM)
Bold move to remove it. They may have sentenced the Eye to (relative) death.
NinjaBoiX
(06-27-2013, 08:43 AM)
I'm not fussed on the eye, and I definitely don't want Knack.

Standard pack for me.
Picobrain
(06-27-2013, 08:44 AM)
So does it come with the stand or no?
Mihael Mello Keehl
It could probably still come out. Although knack packed in is begging to be traded in.
QuantumBro
Hey Sony if you release a day one Knack + Eye bundle for $100 I will buy it.
Silurus

Originally Posted by Nome

Bold move to remove it. They may have sentenced the Eye to (relative) death.

Hope the have IMO. Hate motion controls.
madmackem
(06-27-2013, 08:45 AM)
More than likely a bundle they will sell, they will offer a full bundle at or soon after launch just like they sell full move ps3 bundles etc. choice is king.
Liamario
(06-27-2013, 08:46 AM)

Originally Posted by gofreak

From what Shu Yoshida said, they may well announce a premium bundle later, for launch. Camera + a game would make sense, from a value point of view, of a 500 bundle vs the 400 model. Obviously the camera alone wouldn't do it, with it being only $60 separately.

They should make that $500 bundle available for launch as well.
adelante
I'm actually hoping they'd offer that as a separate bundle for launch, wouldn't mind buying that at all...
Hedge
I'm so glad the eye is not a part of the bundle. Do. not. want. ever.

I do want Knack though. Reminds me of PS1 games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot and all those.
Xater
Put Killzone in there instead of Knack and I might bite.

Not really, I don't want the camera.
Last edited by Xater; 06-27-2013 at 09:24 AM.
sappyday
It's a nice bargain but I'd say the ones in Amazon are better.
SolidSnakex
(06-27-2013, 08:47 AM)

Yeah, he mentioned that on Podcast Beyond, but he also made sure to point out that the $400 model is the main one for them. So, I really wouldn't even expect them to advertise the $500 model much.
Ahmed360
Would've bought it! :(

I want knack
satam55
Banned
If Sony were to offer a PS4 bundle that included the PS4 camera, a choice of either of "Knack" or "Driveclub", & a free PS+ trial for $499, that would be very attractive to the broad mainstream family audience compared to the XB1. It would also guarantee a higher adoption rate of the PS4 Camera. It should be a no-brainier for Sony.
Last edited by satam55; 06-27-2013 at 08:52 AM.
famousmortimer
Banned
(06-27-2013, 08:48 AM)
Is there any actual proof this is from the Sony servers and not a photoshop?
Spongebob
Banned
(06-27-2013, 08:48 AM)
So it also came with Knack hey....

I could still see them releasing this tbh.

Originally Posted by famousmortimer

Now that I think about it, this could have easily been photoshopped.
KaiserBecks
(06-27-2013, 08:49 AM)
Does the console still come without the stand? It's in both pictures but I thought it was going to be sold separately.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(06-27-2013, 08:50 AM)
They will eventually put this bundle out tho. Maybe closer to launch or something after the holidays...but I think they will come back to it
coldone
(06-27-2013, 08:51 AM)
That is a $20 saving. I am all for it.

I bought PS Eye on a black friday sale with Move & Tigerwoods for $50. I have a feeling that there will some game bundles. All is not lost.

It was a good move to keep the cost under control.
Thoraxes
I'm glad they went the direction they did instead.

Would rather pay less for an SKU without shit I don't need.
IonicSnake
I think it's an upcoming bundle from Sony and not something they removed.
sakipon
(06-27-2013, 08:52 AM)
I'm okay with optional bundles. I might even get the Eye some day down the line if there's interesting games.

A good decision.
EXPzero
(06-27-2013, 08:53 AM)
the vertical stand included?
DerZuhälter
(06-27-2013, 08:53 AM)
Should add 3 months of PS+ into that 500$ bundle to get the perfect value and a taste of superior PSN.
Shark Johnson
Why yes, I am on Xbox LIVE. How did you know?
(06-27-2013, 08:54 AM)
So, what does the camera do? Is it like Kinect? Am I going to get a really awesome dancing game for it like Dance Central? Or is another one of those things Sony doesn't really care about like Move?
Minions
(06-27-2013, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Shark Johnson

So, what does the camera do? Is it like Kinect? Am I going to get a really awesome dancing game for it like Dance Central? Or is another one of those things Sony doesn't really care about like Move?

To be perfectly honest... the move got about the same amount of care as the kinect did from Microsoft.
nhlducks35

This is the origin

http://m.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4...Console_Design
IonicSnake

Originally Posted by Shark Johnson

Here they show how the Eye can be used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo
Alpende
(06-27-2013, 08:56 AM)

Originally Posted by rokusasuXIII

the vertical stand included?

Originally Posted by Picobrain

So does it come with the stand or no?

Nope, you have to buy it stand alone.
t26
(06-27-2013, 08:56 AM)
what is that blue thing?
zeopower6
(06-27-2013, 08:59 AM)

Originally Posted by t26

what is that blue thing?

Instruction manual.
childplease
Banned
Just get the 400 dollar one.

No need for that Shitty game knack and that crappy gimmick camera.
dr_rus
Great move if that was the only planned SKU at $500. I don't care about Knack and I sure as hell don't want the PS4Eye.
bobbytkc
ADD New Gen Gamer
(06-27-2013, 09:01 AM)
I'd buy that bundle if knack was good.
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(06-27-2013, 09:02 AM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Yeah, he mentioned that on Podcast Beyond, but he also made sure to point out that the $400 model is the main one for them. So, I really wouldn't even expect them to advertise the $500 model much.

For sure, they're pushing on the 399 box. But if there's a bundle coming they have to announce it at some point :) I'm sure it'll be there for launch, launch buyers are optimal targets for this type of bundle.
Militant17
(06-27-2013, 09:02 AM)
If they wanted the camera to be widely used by developers then it should've been standard. Now there's no point in developing for any ps eye features as its not standard.

Unless Sony push for all 3rd party devs who use kinect functionality to include those same features for the ps eye then I can see this not being supported.
Satchel
Banned
(06-27-2013, 09:03 AM)
I'd pick up the camera bundle
specialguy
Banned
(06-27-2013, 09:03 AM)
Not a good idea. It will create some kind of perception of price parity with Xbone.

The $400 version could be somehow perceived as inferior. Another issue is Sony could be tempted to ship more of the more profitable version leading to shortages of the 399 one.

I was so happy to see both go to ONE SKU this time too...
famousmortimer
Banned
(06-27-2013, 09:05 AM)

Originally Posted by nhlducks35

This is the origin

http://m.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4...Console_Design

So it's a pic from a video and not a still for an ad at all.

I'm not saying that Sony won't have a higher sku at some point with the camera, I just don't like the jump in logic the article makes.

As for personal opinion i think a single $399 sku makes more sense because then it's $100 cheaper. If you have a $500 sku it looks like you can get the good version for the real price or a shitty one for less. See xbox 360 arcade units and Wii U standard editions for lower price skus that people view as inferior.

People around here, me included, would still get the $399 because fuck the camera. But the general public would see it as the ps4 and xbox one are at the same price.

If they get far enough ahead in preorders i could see them doing it. At that point they are already winning and then this gives the eye a better chance at survival.
orioto
Good Art™
(06-27-2013, 09:07 AM)
If they really think Knack is going to move some consoles they need a reality check at some point...

That's Sony's problem in general. They are totally delusional about some of their ip's potential.. Think what you want about Titan Fall but it will probably sell better (ok, on pc :p ) than Knack, Drive Club and Kill Zone cumulated... Sony is always doing is own shit not really caring.
NateDrake
(06-27-2013, 09:08 AM)

I'm not saying that Sony won't have a higher sku at some point with the camera, I just don't like the jump in logic the article makes.

I agree with you. I think the image is just that...an image showing the system, camera, and a game. It doesn't really indicate a bundle was or is planned -- a PS4, camera, and Knack bundle is certainly likely, though.
Last edited by NateDrake; 06-27-2013 at 09:13 AM.
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(06-27-2013, 09:09 AM)

Originally Posted by specialguy

Not a good idea. It will create some kind of perception of price parity with Xbone.

It's just an official bundle with a game and accessories.

I think there's less risk of that vs, say, two boxes that are just the same but with different machine spec (e.g. HDD size or other features, ala the original PS3 models).

There will be retail bundles doing the same thing unofficially on both platforms.

Originally Posted by specialguy

Another issue is Sony could be tempted to ship more of the more profitable version leading to shortages of the 399 one.

I don't think that will be happening given the prominence Sony has placed on the 399 box. Retail is taking orders on the 399 box right now from Sony. If Sony wanted more bundles they should have announced it, and started taking orders on it, at the same time.
EXPzero
(06-27-2013, 09:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Alpende

Nope, you have to buy it stand alone.

thanks, will do so..
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(06-27-2013, 09:12 AM)
I'm already getting these all. Would've loved a bundle but I rather have one SKU.
mylasthope
(06-27-2013, 09:12 AM)

As for personal opinion i think a single $399 sku makes more sense because then it's $100 cheaper. If you have a $500 sku it looks like you can get the good version for the real price or a shitty one for less. See xbox 360 arcade units and Wii U standard editions for lower price skus that people view as inferior.

People around here, me included, would still get the $399 because fuck the camera. But the general public would see it as the ps4 and xbox one are at the same price.

If they get far enough ahead in preorders i could see them doing it. At that point they are already winning and then this gives the eye a better chance at survival.

I'm glad to see that you feel so much hatred towards the camera. I can't even begin to think of what the ps3's camera did to you to engender such feelings. ;)

It's just an official bundle with a game and accessories.

I think there's less risk of that vs, say, two boxes that are just the same but with different machine spec (e.g. HDD size or other features, ala the original PS3 models).

There will be retail bundles doing the same thing unofficially on both platforms.

I don't think that will be happening given the prominence Sony has placed on the 399 box. Retail is taking orders on the 399 box right now from Sony. If Sony wanted more bundles they should have announced it, and started taking orders on it, at the same time.

Agreed. There are retailers pushing controller/camera bundles any way.
Last edited by mylasthope; 06-27-2013 at 09:38 AM.