• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 90s Megaman cartoon still holds up pretty well

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Very tragic , but i guess a focus group said that Mega Man had to look more buff.

The animation was good in that promo, but come on, Megaman, and all the other robots look so much cooler than being portrayed as 6 year olds.

The animated intro to the series wrote a giant cheque that unfortunately the rest of the series couldn't fill... but damn is that opening still hot to this day. The animation quality there was just magnificent.

Wow, I totally forgot about the Sonic cartoon.

As a kid I didn't get why Sonic loved chili dogs so much in the show. Still don't.

Characters from the 80's and early 90's cartoon shows had to have a favorite food. Mario was pasta, Ninja Turtles was pizza, and Sonic was chili dogs.

Voror

Eh, I don't know. The animation has aged alright. And that opening is still awesome with a great catchy theme.

Used to come home from school and watch Megaman followed by the Mutant League cartoon. Was good days.

Whoa whoa whoa, there was a cartoon about the Mutant League games?

Honestly though, when this was airing, I enjoyed it when I could be arsed to be awake at 6 a.m., but I just couldn't get too excited about it. It was 1994, Mega Man X was the new exciting Mega Man game, and no one knew that the "main" Mega Man series was going to be continuing on the SNES and PS1 after that. I didn't even know that they made the one single Mega Man X crossover episode until a few years ago.

Why make a cartoon about a series of NES games in 1994, the year the NES was discontinued? The best case scenario was that it would be advertising for Mega Man 6 (which Capcom didn't even bother publishing themselves at that point, leaving it to Nintendo to release).

Top Bottom