| 1. Header Information |
GAF Indie Steam Group (For announcing votings, contests and Greenlight collections):
Older threads[ (which are by no means "outdated" and still contain awesome games to check out and/or look forward to):
| 2. Overview |
1. Header Information
3. Introductory Blurb
4. Voting Results "Best of March"
5. Indie Media Corner
6. Contests for the current month (You can win games! And have fun!)
7. Recently released Indies to check out!
8. Upcoming Indies to look forward to!
| 3. Introductory Blurb |
46 games in the released part, 38 games in the future part. This seems to be another month with a good variety of games to try (although I am still way busy with Rogue Legacy), even though we seem to miss the heavy hitters from the june thread. Agains thanks to everyone participating!
We will also have a vote on the best games of the month in the last week of the thread. The results for june can be seen below. For some first time readers that wonder about my definition of "recent": We didnt have any major Indie thread in 2012 on GAF, so we are also catching all the titles that slipped through our net last year. Anyway, have fun with the games from this month!
| 4. Voting Results "Best of June" |
Hey! I assume you are new in this thread series and want to see what we were up to? Or you didnt have enough time to play through all of the games from the last month but still want to catch up with the best ones? Then this list is for YOU! These were the games we enjoyed the most in the previous thread, voted on by the community (More thorough descriptions and impressions in the previous thread, especially the last few pages with the voting):
1. Rogue Legacy (12 votes) - Free Demo/ $14,99 (PC)
Without a doubt, one of the most remarkable Indie releases this year. You can potentially play this game for ages, tight controls, addictive upgrade hook and a randomised level and skill design that manages to avoid feeling repetive even after 20 hours. There is literally no reason not to try the demo.
2. Gunpoint (11 votes) - Free Demo/ $9 (PC)
A sidescrolling Action Stealth Puzzle game that, although a bit short, leaves the player with a highly satisfying combat/stealth mechanic and I do hope that the dev considers adding some more content to the editor. If you like any kind of stealth, check out the free demo.
2. Dust: An Elysian Tail (11 votes) - $15 (PC, XBLA)
An action sidescroller that knows how to awe the player visually with highly satisfying combat.
4. Little Inferno (10 votes) - $10 (PC)
Some people just want to watch the world, and their time, burn. Is anything a waste if we enjoy it? Is everything? What if it isnt? Doesnt matter actually, but there is always more stuff to burn. Be right back.
5. The Swapper (6 votes) - $14,99 (PC)
Handcrafted visuals and brilliant puzzles combined in an unforgettable experience.
5. Candy Box (6 votes) - Free (PC, Browser)
7. Chasm (5 votes)
7. Among the Sleep (5 votes)
7. No one has to die (5 votes)
10. Potato Dungeon (4 votes)
11. The Yawhg (3 votes)
11. Reus (3 votes)
11. Icefishing V (3 votes)
11. Mr. Rescue (3 votes)
11. Fragments of Him (3 votes)
16. Sentinel (2 votes)
16. Cry of Fear (2 votes)
16. Save the Date (2 votes)
16. Ballpoint Universe (2 votes)
16. Game Dev Tycoon (2 votes)
21. Leaf me alone (1 votes)
21. Heroine Dusk (1 votes)
21. Ilamentia (1 votes)
21. Nowhere (1 votes)
21. Patchwork (1 votes)
21. Hope: The other side of adventure (1 votes)
21. Four Scepters (1 votes)
21. Undertale (1 votes)
21. Skyward Collapse (1 votes)
| 5. Indie Media Corner |
I noticed there are a few noteworthy, and relatively unknown, projects that deserve a shoutout here because I feel that they share a common interest with the people in this thread. I talked to the guy from Pixabyte and MetaVendetta and both are very enthusiastic about the things they love and figured you might appreciate the shoutout as well. If you enjoy anything here or want to give feedback, let these guys know via their websites or also here in this thread. If you appreciate something, let people know. A heads up can sometimes very valuable.
This is a monthly podcast series that presents notable Indie Game soundtracks. A likeable host and guests, a fantastic track selection, interesting discussions and a focus for Indies will make this one a mainstay in my monthly threads.
Episode 2: Levels
[Bit Trip Runner, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Minecraft, Bastion, Hotline Miami, FEZ: Side F, Mass Effect 2]
Episode 3: Underwater
[Ridiculous Fishing, Botanicula, Capsized, Frog Fractions, Unfinished Swan, Vessel, Donkey Kong Country]
These guys worked on a weekly YT video series that will present the newest Indie Game releases with small gameplay clips, impressions and anything important you might need to know. Definitely a great way to get an overview of recent releases and hopefully another mainstay for this Media Corner.
Indie Releases: 6.29.13
[Joe Danger 1/2, Crow, Pool Nation, Hotline Miami PS3/Vita, Chompy Chomp Chomp, Lucid, The Grave Digger, Motorbike, Super Splatters, Neverending Motion - Full Darkness, Rogue Legacy, Legends of Dawn, Storm, Chronicles of Dark Lord: Tides of Fate, Gun Monkeys, Doodle Jump for Kinect, Voyage to Farland, Dysfunctional Systems]
Indie Releases: 7.5.13
[Crayon Chronicles, Cognition Episode 3: The Oracle, Dungeon Smash ~ Dark Isles, Tessallation, The Curse of Blackwater, The Wooden Clock, Thrust Control, Undercurrent, Velocity Ultra, Zombusters, Bleed, Quick Slick Deadly
Jamsouls, Little Dew]
| 6. Contests for the current month |
We might add contests later if the demand/gifts allow it.
1. Glob Highscore Contest
- Learn the mechanics
- Play the 4th level
- Post a screenshot of your level 4 highscore, like
- The user with best score wins a game from the gift pile. Another random entry wins another entry.
2. Soundtrack recommendation Drawing
- In the spirit of the newly opened Media Corner and the MetaVendetta podcast: Which Indie Game soundtrack(s) did you really like?
- Recommend one of your favourite pieces with YT link (or any way to listen to it without owning the game)
- Feel free to talk about why you like it or what you associate with that music, what music in games generally means for you, etc.
- Link the full soundtrack (purchaseable or free to download)
- One random soundtrack entry will win a gift from the gift pile
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Mark of the Ninja
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
The Adventures of Shuggy
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Back to the Future
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Thomas was alone