• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Costume for FFXIV:ARR

I want to say it's innocent fan-service... But I really feel like they are whoring her. OK, we get it, Nomura looooooves Lightning (and probably the rest of the team too, otherwise this wouldn't happen in the first place), but this is getting ridiculous.

Sadly, that's not the last time we will see her make cameos in Square-Enix games. You can bet she will once again make an apparition in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I swear, if she dares to steal the spotlight to Aqua... Though I wouldn't mind the two of them teaming up, now that I think about it...

Nomura doesn't love Lightning. Toriyama does.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This is cool as hell, there's also the behemoth from XIII in the game. So much dedication went into this fanservice, glad to see it's not there just to be there:

LR2.jpg

LR1.jpg

LR4.jpg

LR3.jpg

LR5.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
As long as they give me FF VI characters as part of some event storyline to get the Magitek armor mount, I'm cool with this.

I'd be interested to see characters that weren't in Dissidia rendered in 3D for the first time.

Zomba13

I do like the look of that Crystal Axe and I like the bow and the clock staff. I think the cyber book for Arcanist SMN and SCH looks stupid though. Fist weapon looks mega dumb Lance and sword are fine I think.
Some of those weapons really don't fit in FFXIV (too techno).

This is really mostly because the Lightning Returns team made a Mi'qote catgirl outfit for Lightning as one of her many, many costumes options. They talked about this at E3, and apparently the LR team wanted to give back to ARR.

I wouldn't expect to see Lightning herself (I suspect that screenshot is being misunderstood, though if it isn't, what the christ), just the outfit as a bit of fanservice.

Ya know sometimes its appropriate to not accept gifts.....

Top Bottom