Originally Posted by djtuei
DEVOLUTION: What is it and how do you use it?
Devolution is a loader designed to run Gamecube games on a Wii. Dolphin was the codename for the Gamecube, Revolution was the codename for the Wii, add them together = Devolution.
Although most Wii models include backwards compatibility for Gamecube games it is rather limited; support for several Gamecube peripherals is missing, the original wired
controllers must be used, unreliable memory cards are still required for saving games...
It seemed like it should be possible to do things better. So I did...
Devolution currently offers the following enhancements to the regular "Gamecube on Wii"
- Alternative mediums for loading games (SD and USB)
- Alternative controllers (Wiimote with classic controller, WiiU Pro Controller, PS3
- Alternative mediums as memory cards (SD and USB)
- Emulation of the Gamecube modem hardware using the Wii's networking hardware (wifi or wired)
- Wii Family Edition and WiiU support
- Up to four Wiimotes-Classic Controllers for multiplayer
Originally Posted by Wiimote features
- MINUS/SELECT + DPAD LEFT: Toggle the global widescreeen setting.
- MINUS/SELECT + DPAD UP: If the game is currently asking to switch discs, load the
next .iso file (performs the same function as pressing the Eject button).
- MINUS/SELECT + DPAD DOWN: Simulate pressing the Gamecube's Reset button.
- MINUS/SELECT + DPAD RIGHT: Toggle the Slot Led activity indicator setting.
- MINUS/SELECT + A/CIRCLE: Toggle the global rumble setting for all emulated controllers.
This can be used to override the system global Wiimote rumble setting (which is set by
bringing up the home screen for any official wii software).
- MINUS/SELECT + B/CROSS: Toggle the screen dimmer.
Originally Posted by DS3 Features
PS3 controllers support two extra functions:
- L1 + R1: When the PS3 controller is connected to the wii via USB this will write the
wii's Bluetooth address to the controller's memory so it can be used wirelessly. This only
needs to be done once (until the address is overwritten).
- L3 + R3: Exit Devolution (performs the same function as pressing the power button).
Originally Posted by About GCN triggers
When a WiiU Pro or Wiimote+Classic Controller is active, pressing the L button (or ZL for the original classic controller) will toggle the "C-Stick Trigger" mode - when it is active, pressing the right stick up emulates pressing the right analog trigger and pressing the right stick down emulates pressing the left analog trigger.
The current version is r200, so don't mind if it say r159 in the description (it will have the latest version)