• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Leeds: "[L]ooking for ... programmer to help bring our titles to the PC"

SparkTR

I don't doubt this is for GTAV, but hopefully they port some of their backlog over during the down-time between releases. Modders recently ported Vice City Stories to PC allowing PC gamers to play it for free provided they own Vice City, even a cheap port would garner decent sales as demonstrated by that interested.

Hip Hop

If it's actually a "games for windows live" game I'm going to vomit!

That is what I actually want it to have, Games for Windows LIVE. Loved it on GTA IV and it never gave me problems.

More achievements and connectivity to the Xbox, better for me.

That is what I actually want it to have, Games for Windows LIVE. Loved it on GTA IV and it never gave me problems.

Most GTA fans hate GFWL with a passion, some event suspect some of the performance issues with the game were down to GFWL. In fact for 2 weeks it was impossible to play GTA 4 unless you used "third party" hacks because of a GFWL update that broke GTA 4 and it refused to work till they released an update to the update.

Having said that I honestly cannot see Rockstar using GFWL their rep is already low enough already. They didn't use it for Max Payne 3 and I don't believe they will use it for GTA 5.

Probably a GTAV port since the GTA games generally come six months after the console release.

Seriously doubt it's a RDR port since they have repeatedly said God knows how many times that it's never coming.

Gtav is coming to PC. There was never any doubt in my mind. Every main GTA game made its way to PC around half a year after consoles. They aren't going to stop now.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I'd love to replay this on PC + movs, i have the PS3 version and sucked. Its the worst version.

As for GTAV i already pre-ordered on PS3, here's hoping for a PC version as well.

Looks like they removed the page from their website. So it has either been "filled" or they came to a realisation they didn't want people to know about a PC version just yet (which is a bit moronic if they were thinking no one was going to see that job listing and the PC centric nature of it).

Looks like they removed the page from their website. So it has either been "filled" or they came to a realisation they didn't want people to know about a PC version just yet (which is a bit moronic if they were thinking no one was going to see that job listing and the PC centric nature of it).

It's like Rockstar wants people to double dip.

Can't wait to play GTAV with ICEnhancer.

GTA V with ICEhancer/ENB with Better City Textures will look phenomenal! It already did wonders for GTA4. I do hope that the PC port is optimised well unlike the GTA 4 one though. PC gamers should be able to run the game at a solid 60fps.

Grief.exe

GTA V with ICEhancer/ENB with Better City Textures will look phenomenal! It already did wonders for GTA4. I do hope that the PC port is optimised well unlike the GTA 4 one though. PC gamers should be able to run the game at a solid 60fps.

It probably will be considering they are running on the Max Payne version of their engine.

eI6X3yb.png

-MD-

Might give RDR a 2nd try. Thought very little of it on 360 when it came out.

A decent frame rate will surely help.

Grief.exe

Might give RDR a 2nd try. Thought very little of it on 360 when it came out.

A decent frame rate will surely help.

RDR isn't coming anytime soon.

The only thing that might happen is if Rockstar decides to do a HD release and port the game to x86/x64 for PS4, Xbox One, PC.

Would buy, but that won't be for a while.

joeblow

Looks my patience holding off playing RDR will pay off. Whether its on my PC or future PS4, I'll only play that game and GTAV with next gen pizzaz.

Top Bottom