• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(07-09-2013, 09:50 AM)
Updates:

Originally Posted by distantmantra

Hybrid disc release with the game and Short Peace anime film coming in January.

In addition, the anime's PlayStation 3 video game, titled Yukigimi Ranko no Ichiban Nagai Hi (Ranko Yukigimi's Longest Day), will ship in Japan on January 16 for 6,980 yen (about US$70). The 2D scrolling game tells the story of the fifth short in Short Peace, which was not included in the anime film. (The game's disc will contain the full anime film as well.) The story follows the unreal daily life of three high school girls, one of whom happens to be an assassin. Gōichi "Suda51" Suda (No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw) and Yōhei Kataoka (Tokyo Jungle) are developing the game.

Originally Posted by duckroll

Yeah they confirmed it the other day. There's actually trailer footage of the game's anime FMVs and a tiny bit of gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihx5...tailpage#t=183

Someone capped stuff from the Bandai Namco stream earlier.

PV2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXmQr5R8jw

Anime FMV preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1hof5Xrlc

----

I'm only making this thread because Nirolak asked me to!

So apparently the magazine leaks from Japan this week started early, and there's a surprise announcement for the PS3.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace anime omnibus film opens on July 20 in Japan, and it features a collection of 4 short films by by 4 different directors. This game is considered the 5th entry in that collection. It will be directed by Yohei Kataoka and written by Suda51. The game is described as a "2D side scrolling high speed effect action game" where you defeat enemies using effects. The setting is modern day Japan.
Last edited by duckroll; 09-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(07-09-2013, 09:52 AM)
These are Dengeki news, I suppose, right?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(07-09-2013, 09:53 AM)
Thanks duck.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(07-09-2013, 09:54 AM)
So many things about this sound awesome.
wonzo
Banned
(07-09-2013, 09:55 AM)
Hopefully Kataoka can reign in Suda51's badness.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(07-09-2013, 09:56 AM)

Originally Posted by wonzo

Hopefully Kataoka can reign in Suda51's badness.

Suda is only writing the game, not designing it.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(07-09-2013, 09:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Which is the way it should be, imo. I love Suda's writing.
jiji
purveyor and connoisseur
of fine gaming specimens
(07-09-2013, 06:09 PM)
Suda providing the concept paired with someone with actual game design chops is a recipe for success. This could be pretty cool. I trust Mr. Tokyo Jungle with 2D action.
JustAnotherOtaku
(07-09-2013, 06:26 PM)
Oh shit, Tokyo Jungle staff member as well as Suda? Even more hype now!
distantmantra
(07-09-2013, 06:28 PM)
I wonder I this is going to be a downloadable title or included with the film when it hits Blu-ray as another hybrid disc?
MrCookiepants
lol @ Suda51 (crap). You didn't lie. This could be interesting, though.
duckroll

Originally Posted by JustAnotherOtaku

Oh shit, Tokyo Jungle staff member as well as Suda? Even more hype now!

The game is being developed at Crispy, so it's not just Kataoka, it's probably the entire team.

I wonder I this is going to be a downloadable title or included with the film when it hits Blu-ray as another hybrid disc?

Hybrid disc is my guess as well. Seems like a good way to sell more Short Peace blu-rays in game stores when it's released.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(07-09-2013, 06:29 PM)
:(
JustAnotherOtaku
(07-09-2013, 06:30 PM)

The game is being developed at Crispy, so it's not just Kataoka, it's probably the entire team.

Hybrid disc is my guess as well. Seems like a good way to sell more Short Peace blu-rays in game stores when it's released.

Why can't I hold all these hypes?!
randomkid
(07-09-2013, 06:31 PM)
Subscribed. Will follow Kataoka/Crispy anywhere.
Relaxed Muscle
(07-09-2013, 06:32 PM)

I'm only making this thread because Nirolak asked me to!

So apparently the magazine leaks from Japan this week started early, and there's a surprise announcement for the PS3.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace anime omnibus film opens on July 20 in Japan, and it features a collection of 4 short films by by 4 different directors. This game is considered the 5th entry in that collection. It will be directed by Yohei Kataoka and written by Suda51. The game is described as a "2D side scrolling high speed effect action game" where you defeat enemies using effects. The setting is modern day Japan.

Nice.

Sounds good. What are the chances of this coming over?
Drencrom
(07-09-2013, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

:(

works for Gamestop (crap)
Rulp
(07-09-2013, 06:42 PM)
Very cool.
koryuken
(07-09-2013, 06:44 PM)
Sounds awesome. Any info on when can we see trailer/screenshots/etc ?
distantmantra
(07-09-2013, 09:18 PM)

Bandai has been pumping out hybrid discs, so this makes the most sense.
Mr.Monitor
(07-09-2013, 09:22 PM)
Makes me even more excited for Short Peace. I hope it somehow comes to the states, but I'm definitely not expecting anything.
Last edited by Mr.Monitor; 07-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.
duckroll
(07-10-2013, 09:40 AM)
There's a tiny scan floating around now showing the main character design. Also I got the title wrong so I'm going to fix the thread title. I suck! :(
GhaleonQ
(07-10-2013, 09:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Mr.Monitor

Makes me even more excited for Short Peace. I hope it somehow comes to the states, but I'm definitely not expecting anything.

Indeed. Combustible is fricking superb, the best thing he's ever done, and Kataoka (and, screw it, Suda a little bit) make me just as excited as that association.
duckroll
(07-10-2013, 05:48 PM)
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/11036339.html

BadWolf
(07-10-2013, 05:51 PM)
Looks very nice I think, definitely interested.

Here's hoping it gets localized.
Midnight Moon
Banned
(07-10-2013, 06:00 PM)
Looks awesome o_o

Okay so Suda is the assassin game maker? All his characters seem to be killers lol

Wonder if it will have a physical release, looks like something that would be on PSN so far.
Last edited by Midnight Moon; 07-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.
duckroll
(07-10-2013, 06:10 PM)
Story (This is 150% Suda-nonsense)
Ranko Tsukigime is the only daughter of the Tsukigime Enterprise family living by herself in a parking lot. They're the underground company which has the monopoly over the monthly parking lot business in all of Japan. She's a cheeky schoolgirl by day, and a deadly hitman by night. One night, while going after her intended target, she finds herself being chased by an evil organization out to get her. (Yes the entire premise is a silly pun on tsukigime parking.)

Gameplay
The game is said to be an easy to understand 2D sidescrolling action game where enemies are chasing you and you have to run to the objective, while fending enemies off by attacking them with on-screen effects. There will also be unique stages where there are giant boss enemies, The game design, art, and direction are all being handled by Crispy's.
Rarity
(07-11-2013, 12:03 AM)
I can't comprehend what's going on by the screens, so surely it will appeal to me.

Thanks for the details!
Gbraga
(07-11-2013, 01:03 AM)
I have no idea of what's going on in those screenshots, but I love the idea and the trailer for the anime was jaw dropping. Definitely interested, I hope I can get everything in one blu-ray.
Mr.Monitor
(07-11-2013, 09:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Rarity

I can't comprehend what's going on by the screens, so surely it will appeal to me.

zeopower6
(07-11-2013, 09:35 AM)
dat violin-ish weaponarm.

And is that redjuice art I see? -drools-
SolidSnakex
(07-16-2013, 03:19 AM)
There's a very short trailer available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY36RZftqXY
cj_iwakura
(07-16-2013, 03:27 AM)

Originally Posted by thetrin

Which is the way it should be, imo. I love Suda's writing.

All of Suda's directed games are brilliant. Hint: he hasn't directed a game since No More Heroes.

That said, Tokyo Jungle was brilliant too. Very reminiscent of something KTP-era Suda would do.

Okay, hype growing, love what I see.
jayu26
(07-16-2013, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

There's a very short trailer available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY36RZftqXY

Wow, I'm in.
Fine Ham Abounds
(07-16-2013, 03:34 AM)
Loved TJ, love Suda, will try even though it doesn't sound interesting hah
Astarte
(07-16-2013, 03:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Suda's writing is fucking fantastic! Killer 7 is still the best story I've experience in video gaming, granted he wrote it with the help of Mikami.
Coxy
(07-16-2013, 03:36 AM)
looks somewhere between strider and joe danger to me, weird but looks pretty nice
duckroll
(07-16-2013, 04:32 AM)
iavi
(07-16-2013, 04:36 AM)
Kozaki? sign me up
Gbraga
(07-16-2013, 04:37 AM)
Shit, day one.
distantmantra
(09-20-2013, 07:18 PM)
Hybrid disc release with the game and Short Peace anime film coming in January.

In addition, the anime's PlayStation 3 video game, titled Yukigimi Ranko no Ichiban Nagai Hi (Ranko Yukigimi's Longest Day), will ship in Japan on January 16 for 6,980 yen (about US$70). The 2D scrolling game tells the story of the fifth short in Short Peace, which was not included in the anime film. (The game's disc will contain the full anime film as well.) The story follows the unreal daily life of three high school girls, one of whom happens to be an assassin. Gōichi "Suda51" Suda (No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw) and Yōhei Kataoka (Tokyo Jungle) are developing the game.

duckroll
(09-20-2013, 07:26 PM)
Yeah they confirmed it the other day. There's actually trailer footage of the game's anime FMVs and a tiny bit of gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihx5...tailpage#t=183
distantmantra
(09-20-2013, 07:29 PM)

Cool, I didn't see anyone talking about it here so I figured I'd help out people who aren't on top of all the TGS news.
Astarte
(09-20-2013, 07:31 PM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

All of Suda's directed games are brilliant. Hint: he hasn't directed a game since No More Heroes.

He directed liberation maiden
Everyone forgets liberation maiden, but you'll all see when that VN comes out! see a suda game bomb harder

Let's go suda! Killer is Dead may not be GOTY, but I enjoyed piecing together the plot!
Stone Ocean
(09-20-2013, 07:32 PM)

So it's basically Suda does Strider?

I'm in.
duckroll
(09-20-2013, 07:33 PM)

Cool, I didn't see anyone talking about it here so I figured I'd help out people who aren't on top of all the TGS news.

I don't think anyone posted it because it's too niche. :(

I've been too busy playing GTA5 too. Sorry!

Originally Posted by Astarte

He directed liberation maiden

Nah, he was just the "concept/creative director" for it like pretty much all the Grasshopper games these days.

Last edited by duckroll; 09-20-2013 at 07:37 PM.
distantmantra
(09-20-2013, 07:39 PM)

I don't think anyone posted it because it's too niche. :(

As evidenced by the threads I've made in the past, I'm all about the niche/weird/Japan-only games.

I've been too busy playing GTA5 too. Sorry!

No worries. I'm probably the only one on GAF who has zero interest in GTAV.
ShockingAlberto
(09-20-2013, 07:41 PM)
Oh, this is an old thread.

I was about to be really disappointed in duckroll for reusing a joke!
duckroll
(09-20-2013, 08:28 PM)
Someone capped stuff from the Bandai Namco stream earlier.

PV2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXmQr5R8jw

Anime FMV preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1hof5Xrlc
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(09-20-2013, 08:29 PM)
Shadows of the Damned wasn't crap!