• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

aeolist
(07-21-2013, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by krameriffic

That's not true! He can also play Prophet.

he just played a great bat and is now wrecking mouz with bounty hunter
Archie
Second-rate Anihawk
(07-21-2013, 09:42 PM)
Less than $6000 until compendium owners get the popped collar to end all popped collars.
Heavy's Sandvich
(07-21-2013, 09:42 PM)
Mouz are just saving their strats.
PsychoSoldier
(07-21-2013, 09:49 PM)
Has matchmaking been super slow for everyone else lately?

It feels like it's taking three times as long lately for some reason.
Skab
(07-21-2013, 09:55 PM)

Originally Posted by PsychoSoldier

Been the opposite for me, actually. Been faster than usual for the past 3-4 days.
aeolist
(07-21-2013, 09:58 PM)
bulldog's bh ending at 20-1-6 with 21k net worth

insane
Wynnebeck
Banned
(07-21-2013, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by krameriffic

That's not true! He can also play Prophet.

Is Death Prophet even viable outside of the Trench? She's my favorite hero in the entire game but she seems like she would a be a liability until she got Bloodstone and Heart.
awwyeahgurrl
(07-21-2013, 10:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Wynnebeck

Is Death Prophet even viable outside of the Trench? She's my favorite hero in the entire game but she seems like she would a be a liability until she got Bloodstone and Heart.

The prophet of nature, not death.
PillowKnight
(07-21-2013, 10:12 PM)

Of course she is! DP is pretty awesome. Although, I would not recommend getting bloodstone on her; too expensive and it offers no damage mitigation.
andregnreis
(07-21-2013, 10:12 PM)
Any counters to bounty hunter? He destroys my Lina, poor lady :( I just have to deploy sentry wards, dust and never be alone?
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(07-21-2013, 10:19 PM)

anything is viable in pubs

Originally Posted by andregnreis

Any counters to bounty hunter? He destroys my Lina, poor lady :( I just have to deploy sentry wards, dust and never be alone?

if you have sents down you shouldn't die to bh solo. You can see him coming, stun him, or probably just walk away. Without the -armor on track now; with just a magic wand or a stun he won't be able to solo kill you unless he's pretty farmed or you're way outside of tower range.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(07-21-2013, 10:23 PM)

Sentry Wards early game, Dust mid-game. Targeted disables are always good as well.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(07-21-2013, 10:35 PM)
Have to say, Mjolnir is by far my favorite item late game on Abaddon.
shira
(07-21-2013, 10:46 PM)

Why would you be alone? Are you farmer Lina?
andregnreis
(07-21-2013, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by shira

Why would you be alone? Are you farmer Lina?

Sometimes it just happens that Im alone when playing with pugs since everyone dies or teleport away lol so I have to go after them.
Gully State
(07-21-2013, 11:12 PM)

If you're playing a squishy hero, then yes.

The first thing you need to do against BH is early sentries. That cripples his early laning if done well which delays his midgame. BH isn't a great flash farmer which means a bad early game (level deficit) start will be difficult to overcome for the most part. Carrying a gem late game on your most survivable hero and just sticking close as a group also screws with him.
Last edited by Gully State; 07-21-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Arkanius
(07-21-2013, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Have to say, Mjolnir is by far my favorite item late game on Abaddon.

Why is your team giving you enough farm for you to make Mjolnir?
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(07-21-2013, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Arkanius

Why is your team giving you enough farm for you to make Mjolnir?

I assume he's talking about teamfight and tower gold.
Hylian7
(07-21-2013, 11:23 PM)
This series is really good! I won't spoil it, but you'll really want to watch the next game!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7
Arkanius
(07-21-2013, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Bo

I assume he's talking about teamfight and tower gold.

I still think Abaddon has better utility items to build, such as Auras. Mainly because any good player knows that the trick to fight Abaddon is simply not to attack him, and leave him for last.

Mjolnir won't do much in that case other than giving you attack speed. Assault Cuirass gives you that as well, and it gives an aura for the whole team and for the Agi carries to use.

Just my two cents though, I can be thinking wrongly..
Mothman91
(07-21-2013, 11:25 PM)
I'm sure this has been discussed but I have gotten this message when trying to play Dota 2 from Mac:

Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glDrawRangeElementsBaseVertex'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.

Any help?
Arkanius
(07-21-2013, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Mothman91

I'm sure this has been discussed but I have gotten this message when trying to play Dota 2 from Mac:

Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glDrawRangeElementsBaseVertex'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.

Any help?

What OS are you using?
And what hardware are you using?
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(07-21-2013, 11:26 PM)
Have you updated your drivers?

From dev.dota2.com:

Dota 2 requires OS X Lion or newer, are you using Snow Leopard?

K.Sabot
(07-21-2013, 11:27 PM)
Glad to see Rat Doto lose for once.

Good stuff Kaipi.
Arkanius

Originally Posted by Haly

Have you updated your drivers?

You don't update drivers in OSX.
Are you using Lion or Mountain Lion?

DOTA2 won't work with Snow Leopard I think
Heavy's Sandvich
Kaipi poisons Ratdoto.
Mothman91
(07-21-2013, 11:28 PM)
Mac OSX 10.6.8

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Are you using Lion or Mountain Lion?

DOTA2 won't work with Snow Leopard I think

Welp, that's the problem then.
Haly
(07-21-2013, 11:28 PM)

You mac users and your fancy shmancy "ease of use" operating system.

Mac OSX 10.6.8

ATI Radeon HD 4670

From the dev forums:

Read the requirements, you have to be on >10.7

Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(07-21-2013, 11:29 PM)
What's doto guys? lol
Bo
(07-21-2013, 11:30 PM)

I still think Abaddon has better utility items to build, such as Auras. Mainly because any good player knows that the trick to fight Abaddon is simply not to attack him, and leave him for last.

Mjolnir won't do much in that case other than giving you attack speed. Assault Cuirass gives you that as well, and it gives an aura for the whole team and for the Agi carries to use.

Well, the thing is that the passive acts akin to an aura, so the point of the attack speed on yourself is to put as many stacks of Curse of Avernus on your target as quickly as possible (so that your team carries benefit). That would be the reasoning. Whether it's cost effective or not, I haven't the foggiest.
Mothman91
(07-21-2013, 11:31 PM)
Well, I'll just have to get on Windows until they have it configured for Snow Leopard ;_;
Arkanius
(07-21-2013, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Bo

Well, the thing is that the passive acts akin to an aura, so the point of the attack speed on yourself is to put as many stacks of Curse of Avernus on your target as quickly as possible (so that your team carries benefit). That would be the reasoning. Whether it's cost effective or not, I haven't the foggiest.

Why not an Assault Cuirass then with priority on the Hyperstone?
Anteo
(07-21-2013, 11:37 PM)

What? Why would you leave him for last. Thats basicslly saying Hey abby we will take your teammates first so please dont heal them nor use shield! You need to take him out first, deal enouqgh damage to trigger his ult snd then wait it outq for the kill. A low hp abby cant stay near battle healing and shielding withouth risking too much.
Arkanius
(07-21-2013, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Anteo

What? Why would you leave him for last. Thats basicslly saying Hey abby we will take your teammates first so please dont heal them nor use shield! You need to take him out first, deal enouqgh damage to trigger his ult snd then wait it outq for the kill. A low hp abby cant stay near battle healing and shielding withouth risking too much.

The thing is, while you are doing that, your whole team is pounding the enemy team.
Focusing on Abaddon takes a bit of time, and gives a window of opportunity for the carries of his team to deal all the damage they want, and for the nukers to drop the bass.

Aphotic Shield Death Pulse aren't that good in mid-late game when you are 5 maning. Focusing on him just to disable those two skills isn't really a sound move in my opinion.

But I might be wrong, what do you guys think?
Bo

Why not an Assault Cuirass then with priority on the Hyperstone?

For self, it's +55 attack speed from the AC versus +80 attack speed from the Mjollnir, so the Mjollnir is probably the best of those two for stacking the passive. There are obviously also cost efficiencies to consider, but the latter is only a single creep more expensive (and you can start with the Hyperstone, as you mention).
Artanisix
It's much better to just mass AOE against Abby's team. He can't output enough heals and shields to keep his team up.
Gez
(07-21-2013, 11:45 PM)
I just realised the OT title is a Lion quote. We got masecred yesterday we had 3 supports, a leaver and our bounty hunter had no items and Arcane boots smh.
jaundicejuice
(07-21-2013, 11:46 PM)
I don't know why but I've taken to using Morphling all of the sudden. I think it's because Waveform is similar to Slark's Pounce, it's a good initiate or escape. I still don't fully get the stat switching, like I understand it swings your base agi or str but I don't really know when it's appropriate to swing stats. Aside from when my health is low and I have a lot of mana. I also haven't quite figured out his ult yet, you get a tankier illusion in teamfights that can allow you to switch positions mid-fight or it's something you can warp to, like leave an illusion in lane, tp to base and then ult back to lane.

Been building Wand (if there are ability spam happy lane opponents) > Boots > Ring of Aquila, Treads, Ring of Health, Perseverance, Ultimate Orb, Linken's and Ghost Scepter. I have yet to play in a game where I or my team have done well enough that I can farm up an Eagle's Song to finish off the Ethereal Blade.
Anteo
(07-21-2013, 11:59 PM)

The thing is, while you are doing that, your whole team is pounding the enemy team.
Focusing on Abaddon takes a bit of time, and gives a window of opportunity for the carries of his team to deal all the damage they want, and for the nukers to drop the bass.

Aphotic Shield Death Pulse aren't that good in mid-late game when you are 5 maning. Focusing on him just to disable those two skills isn't really a sound move in my opinion.

But I might be wrong, what do you guys think?

Not really, as a abaddon plsyer I csn tell you that by midgsme there should be a mek and pipe up for abby so it is still effective enough, plus the ability to remove debuffs is what matter the most. Really most fight when we get wiped are the ones when i get damaged really esrly instead of my allies. A lotmof other heroes have better armor than him so the ehp heal is higherthan it seems.

Of course if i did t get the pipe b,y that time it may be problematic, but abbadon still cause problems to the other team. The low cd on his spells means tge focused unit gets 2 heals and a shield and a mek at least and thats not low in midgame. What really hurt him bad is aoe damage where he cant really heal everyone fast enough as his heal is aoe (dazzle on the other hand excels at mitigating aoe damage)
I H8 Memes
(07-22-2013, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by PsychoSoldier

I was in a 5 man party last night and it took 7 minutes for us to get matched against the exact same 5 man team we played in the previous match.
Low Tier
(07-22-2013, 12:22 AM)
ok legit a fucking shockwave from the magnus is gonna do more dmg to those 5 heroes then ur ultimate
exfatal
(07-22-2013, 12:25 AM)
My first time trying DOTA, hopefully i enjoy it seems like a pretty fun game. worried bout my performance and not pissing off my teammates heard this community can pretty harsh lol
sixghost
(07-22-2013, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by exfatal

My first time trying DOTA, hopefully i enjoy it seems like a pretty fun game. worried bout my performance and not pissing off my teammates heard this community can pretty harsh lol

I would definitely read some beginner guides and play some bot matches first.
Haly
(07-22-2013, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by 1.09

ok legit a fucking shockwave from the magnus is gonna do more dmg to those 5 heroes then ur ultimate

exfatal
(07-22-2013, 12:28 AM)

Originally Posted by sixghost

I would definitely read some beginner guides and play some bot matches first.

Ah yea i definitely made sure to watch a few of the guides online. Haven't been online yet been reading up a bunch of guides
JustinBB7
(07-22-2013, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by exfatal

Play the tutorial!
jaundicejuice
(07-22-2013, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by JustinBB7

Play the tutorial!

You want them to build arcanes on sniper?
Mothman91
(07-22-2013, 12:35 AM)
"game is finished"

ughh yeah I know, lemme start a new one. how do I fix this?

nvm. fixed itself I think.
Hylian7
(07-22-2013, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by jaundicejuice

You want them to build arcanes on sniper?

I thought more about that and I don't think it's really that bad. They teach you how to use your active items, and TELL you to use your Arcane Boots, so you visually see what it does. Then you realize "This isn't practical in a real game." You may see a few Arcane Boots Snipers, but probably not many.
BraXzy
(07-22-2013, 12:40 AM)

"game is finished"

ughh yeah I know, lemme start a new one. how do I fix this?

nvm. fixed itself I think.

It's not letting me click Find Match... Anyone else having this issue?