What it does:
- Dramatically increases grass rendering distance
- Distant tree moss rendered
- Full detail bushes/shrubs over entire fields
- Maximum quality trees at any distance
- Wind reactive flora as far as you can see
- Grass pop-in completely eliminated
Features trailer: http://youtu.be/_9ukL814wVY
Quick comparison: http://youtu.be/E2Pfl6KnueY
Versions (chose only one):
Extreme Quality Flora v1.0 (17.6 MB) - https://mega.co.nz/#!NoRVEK7Z!GXLjr1...RyB-deob_ipTcs
This version enhances the rendering distance and quality of all flora: grass, bushes, shrubs, trees, weeds, ferns, and so on.
Infinite Grass Render Distance v1.0 (8.6 MB) - https://mega.co.nz/#!N9xDCJRS!GS0Ji0...CAYcWvqxeAI_gs
This version enhances the rendering distance and quality of grass only. Suitable for lower end systems and those who prefer performance over image quality. Do not use this mod if using the Extreme Quality Flora, as that already covers grass.
Alternatively, download from The Witcher 2 nexus:
Extreme Quality Flora: http://witcher2.nexusmods.com/mods/653/
Infinite Grass Render Distance: http://witcher2.nexusmods.com/mods/654/
Users have noticed an incompatibility between Full Combat Rebalance and Extreme Quality Flora. After installing both mods, you will need this workaround. It's a small download and easy install. Thanks to Sethos for the fix.
Sequel to this outrageously popular thread; I've worked out how to "fix" The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings LOD/asset pop-in.
I'm still working on it, but so far...
- Super easy for me (or you!) to make.
- Super easy to distribute. Once I'm done I can provide an easy one-click mod for everyone to use.
- Effectively squishes TW2's optimised (for a reason) LOD system for assets, rendering assets at maximum quality over a long distance.
- Removes 2D asset sprites for 3D objects at a distance, rendering them at full 3D detail always (eg: bushes).
- Completely eradicates grass pop-in.
- Animation effects rendered over maximum distance. EG: swaying weeds are rendered across an entire field, not just for the weeds in front of you.
- Massive performance hit (as the engine clearly isn't supposed to work like this).
- Separate mods/asset variables will need to be made for performance optimisation, and this will take time (though an option JUST for grass fixed, not bushes, should be easy).
Maximum rendering distance / LOD removal:
GIF with no grass pop-in:
Gimme a day I'll be done with at least the most demanding / high quality version.