• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nerdstick
(07-11-2013, 11:48 AM)
Weiß Schwarz (most often spelled Weiss Schwarz) is a trading card game from Bushiroad (creators of Cardfight!! Vanguard) which, instead of creating original art for its cards, licenses it from various popular anime and games.

Given its nature it's been stuck in Japan, but has recently started expanding in the US. It had a pseudo-unofficial Disgaea Starter Deck back in 2009, but the official decks from Bushiroad started in 2012 with Fate/Zero and Madoka Trial Decks, as well as Madoka Boosters, and Sword Art Online Trial Decks and Boosters this month along with tournaments across the US.

One of the intricacies of the game is that the more damage you take (the closer you are to losing), the more powerful the cards you can use. Or for collectors, albeit very rare, every booster and trial deck has the chance to contain a Signed Card. Not literally signed, but a printed gold signature, usually from the voice actor of the character, I believe. These are especially valuable, although the Deck signs are easier and cheaper to find (1/5 or 1/6 ratio). Booster Signs are much harder to find.

Miku English Decks and Boosters come out in November. Strangely, Miku Booster Boxes -always- contain one signed card, making them cheap and easy to acquire.

The game amassed a following even without an English version, including translations of all of its cards, which are able to be formatted and cut out to put in the card's sleeves. The tournaments accommodate by allowing English-only as well as Mixed varieties.
Last edited by nerdstick; 07-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Aytrial
(07-14-2013, 11:31 AM)
I actually have quite a few Weiss Schwarz cards. However, I only collect them since I don't even know if a community for the game exists over here in Perth.

Still undecided if I want to get the Japanese or the English Miku cards, mainly because of the event-exclusive PRs.
PsionBolt
(07-14-2013, 11:59 AM)
I got into WS through the PSP game, and since then I've started to collect physical cards too, here and there. I don't have a real community to play with in my area, though. Being a weeaboo anime game will do that to you, unfortunately, no matter how interesting your game's mechanics are. And they are very interesting, to me at least.

Still, I feel that its full potential hasn't been explored yet. The Clock and Level mechanics are super cool, but the abilities of the cards themselves are somewhat boring. You could say that WS is a great TCG with bad cards, if that makes any sense. The rules themselves are the best part.
I also play MtG, so there are a lot of effects that I'm accustomed to having that just don't exist in WS (to my knowledge). I want Murder, Unsummon, Green Sun's Zenith, Counterspell, Lava Spike, Reanimate, Extirpate, Thoughtseize, Wrath of God, et cetera. I know part of it is due to the relative age of each game, but the complexity and interactivity of MtG is just so, so far ahead of WS. This is without even getting into keywords and other creature abilities, too.

Nevertheless, WS is probably my second favourite TCG. Or maybe third, after Pokemon as well, but that's very close.

In short, more people should play this game, and this topic won't get as many replies as it deserves.
nerdstick
(07-14-2013, 04:18 PM)
I'm not interested in playing it (in any capacity beyond casual) (which definitely has nothing to do with how nerdy it is!), but I couldn't help but become smitten just by the fact it manages to exist over here. And even as limited as they are just makes it that much more feasible to collect, unlike MTG/YGO which are mountains at this point.

My blood isn't rich enough to do a complete collection of a TCG (dear god), but it did sound like fun to collect the Trial Decks. And, you know, maybe the Promos too..(those bluray promos are gonna be hell).

Decks 2/5 Done, Promos 4/13 Done...for now. The bulk of the promos are Madoka Booster Box promos, 5, which you get one of at random per booster box, and the upcoming SOA booster box is going to contain a similar set.

Mini Madoka's as mentioned. Homura seems to be a guaranteed promo in every Trial Deck. There's also apparently 'first print' promos for both of these trial decks, Illya being one of the four in total.
The Asuna card on the other-hand is apparently a convention-exclusive, having been given away at Sakuracon and Fanimecon. Beyond a week long Facebook contest they had, I'm not sure how else it's been made available or if it's even given out anymore. I probably paid too much for it..

In an old website post I remember them mentioning that Milky Holmes had a good chance of making it over, probably due to the ease of licensing (since it's Bushiroad's, like the TCG). They've recently done a giveaway for Milky Holmes tote bags as a contest prize, so I'd put my bet on that being the next set to come over after Miku, bar any popular series taking precedent.
Last edited by nerdstick; 07-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Aytrial
(07-14-2013, 04:35 PM)
I actually did a post on my blog with some photos of some cards I got recently here. Don't ask how much money I spent, seriously.

For signed cards, I have the following English ones:
  • Sayaka SP
  • Mami SP
  • Homura Trial Deck SP

Originally Posted by nerdstick

My blood isn't rich enough to do a complete collection of a TCG (dear god), but it did sound like fun to collect the Trial Decks. And, you know, maybe the Promos too..(those bluray promos are gonna be hell).

Decks 2/5 Done, Promos 4/13 Done...for now. The bulk of the promos are Madoka Booster Box promos, 5, which you get one of at random per booster box, and the upcoming SOA booster box is going to contain a similar set.

Mini Madoka's as mentioned. Homura seems to be a guaranteed promo in every Trial Deck. There's also apparently 'first print' promos for both of these trial decks, Illya being one of the four in total.
The Asuna card on the other-hand is apparently a convention-exclusive, having been given away at Sakuracon and Fanimecon. Beyond a week long Facebook contest they had, I'm not sure how else it's been made available or if it's even given out anymore. I probably paid too much for it..

For the Madoka trial deck, there are also Sayaka and Kyoko PR cards. Bushiroad provided supplies to one of the shops at a convention I went to. They also had the two Fate/Zero PRs there as well if you bought that deck.

If you aren't too concerned about "hunting" cards down and want a more financially sensible way of getting them, it's better to go buy singles directly from online retailers.
Last edited by Aytrial; 07-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.
nerdstick
(07-14-2013, 04:39 PM)
and Moment of Peace Saber for the set!

Apart from the upcoming SOA Booster promos (and presumably whatever Miku gives us), there's 3 Bluray promos planned: One for the SOA Bluray, and one for each Fate Bluray in the coming months. At $100+ per Bluray I have no idea how expensive those will be second-hand.

You can sneak a peek at the SOA Bluray promo in this compilation image:

The one thing I'm completely stumped on still is the EN Disgaea Trial Deck foil(s). On the back of the deck, supposedly, it contains a 1/6 chance to contain Foils. One or more? No idea. Nor have I been able to find any photos or any sale listings.
Last edited by nerdstick; 07-14-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Aytrial
(07-14-2013, 04:45 PM)

The one thing I'm completely stumped on still is the Disgaea Trial Deck foil(s). On the back of the deck, supposedly, it contains a 1/6 chance to contain Foils. One or more? No idea. Nor have I been able to find any photos or any sale listings.

Weiss Schwarz products are packed with certain ratios. For trial decks, they are packaged boxes of six. What this means is if you buy an entire box of trial decks, you are guaranteed one signed card. Older decks like Disgaea only had foils.
nerdstick
(07-14-2013, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Aytrial

Weiss Schwarz products are packed with certain ratios. For trial decks, they are packaged boxes of six. What this means is if you buy an entire box of trial decks, you are guaranteed one signed card. Older decks like Disgaea only had foils.

Not the fact that they're foils, but the obscurity. Disgaea's a slightly difficult deck to find, but it's crazy that there's so little information about those foils (none), let alone proof of them existing!

I find it a bit strange that Deck signs demand the prices they do (up to $50?) considering that you could just buy a set for $100 and get a bunch of decks for about $10 each.
ponpo
( ≖‿≖)
(07-14-2013, 05:01 PM)

Im@s 2 deck reporting in.
Aytrial
(07-14-2013, 05:02 PM)

Not the fact that they're foils, but the obscurity. Disgaea's a slightly difficult deck to find, but it's crazy that there's so little information about those foils (none), let alone proof of them existing!

I find it a bit strange that Deck signs demand the prices they do (up to $50?) considering that you could just buy a set for $100 and get a bunch of decks for about $10 each.

The English cards have a different economy from the Japanese ones. Japanese trial deck signs generally fetch between $15 and $30 depending on the series - certainly more reasonable than $50.

Quality on the image is crap, but here's one of the foils for the Disgaea deck:

nerdstick
(07-19-2013, 05:18 PM)
Today's the official release day of Sword Art Online Booster Packs (and four new SD promos..).

They also took the opportunity to update the PR list, next month's Shop Tournament promo is "A Happy Moment, Asuna & Yui"
nerdstick
(07-29-2013, 10:27 PM)
New haul!

Decks completed! 4/4. Until Miku in November. Not happy that my overpriced Disgaea deck which I paid $7 to be shipped in a flat rate box was received damaged, but what can you do..
Promos: 9/18. Technically I have a complete collection of non-boosterbox promos, all I'm missing are the Mini Madokas and the SD SOAs. At least for a few days until the August shop promo is released.

I also picked up a RRR Ultimate Madoka. Redundant for my collection as it's a booster box pull, but it was cheap!
Vans
(07-29-2013, 10:30 PM)
I have a whole bunch of Little Busters W-S cards from getting Perfect Edition and the blu-rays.

Never read the rules of the game or anything though. Didn't know there was an English version.
darkressurection
(07-29-2013, 10:37 PM)
Was tempted to spend an unreasonable amount of money on the Persona 4 sets that came out in Japan, I actually wouldn't mind playing the game but it might be quite a struggle to get some of my friends into it. Happy to hear they are starting to release stuff over here, maybe I will try and pick up the Miku starter deck when it comes out.
nerdstick
(08-03-2013, 12:18 PM)
After a ton of in-depth scientific research, I have finally mastered Sleeves! Maybe. There's two (standard) Sleeve sizes:
Mini, which is for smaller sized card games (like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardfight!! Vanguard)
and Standard/Regular sized cards! (Such as Pokemon and Weiss Schwarz). Be careful when shopping that you're getting Standard sized sleeves for Standard sized card games, 67x92.

A complication I was having was that I was interested in importing a somewhat rare set of character sleeves, but they would be ruined through play. The solution is double sleeving! A protective sleeve to protect your fancy protective sleeves. Mini card players have it easy; they can simply buy mini sized sleeves, and then put those in standard sleeves.

But for Standard card games, it's a bit trickier. You need a size above standard. Which is kind of difficult to find, but I found them!
The two that I've managed to find are KMC's 'Character Guard' Sleeves, and Bushiroad's Sleeve Protectors (notably their Matte version). Buying them is another hard part, in the US the best that I've found is $10 for KMC's, and I haven't got a clue how to find Bushiroad's for less than $15. In Japan however you can pick up either for around $4 converted. That, or you can import from a site like amiami with EMS shipping should you have anything else you'd like to order that you can throw it in with. (This is also how you find Character Sleeves dirt cheap, albeit often sold out. $20 on ebay vs $5-7 on amiami, and they weigh almost nothing so very little shipping cost bumping).

I'm going to have both in my hands within a week or so, but the most notable difference is that KMC's has a floral pattern border (in either Silver or Gold. I've also heard that the gold is a thinner plastic but cannot confirm), whereas Bushiroad's is clear.
I also found a Toploader Binder (a binder that fits toploaders, and designed in such a way that they can't slip out!) but it's an ungodly $50. woe
Last edited by nerdstick; 08-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.
nerdstick
(08-07-2013, 03:14 PM)

^Got most everything. Another difference between the KMC sleeves and the Bushiroad sleeves is that the Bushiroad ones are matte, much less slippery and slick to the touch. Not sure how they'd feel (such as shuffling) in a full deck yet though. Bushiroad's were 380 yen each on amiami, but there was also seemingly a non-Matte version coming out for 300 yen. The other sleeve pickup is a set of Yume Nikki sleeves. If you haven't heard of it, it's an old free indie RPG Maker horror game which very recently started getting merchandise. They also made a set of Yume Nikki oversleeves which show a small knife-equipped sprite, but being a year or so old, are long gone. Speaking of which, sleeves apparently have short-time runs and aren't reprinted. This results in older sleeves going out of print and up in value. In the case of a very old Makise Kurisu sleeve, $80 new. Ouch! Pick up a favored character sleeve while they're available.

Speaking of which, last and most apparent are some trial decks for other card games. Being a fan of Steins;Gate, I thought it would be fun to pick up the card games for it. Unfortunately for Weiss Schwarz fans, Bushiroad (creators of Weiss Schwarz) got the license and decided to give it to its other card game, Chaos TCG, which you can see on the right. One of the Booster Boxes contained Chaos;Head cards, and Weiss Schwarz ended up getting a Robotics;Notes set.

On the left is a Prism Connect trial deck, not by Bushiroad, and as far as I'm aware the only other licensed Steins;Gate TCG (apart from the presumably dead official TCG, and that strange Nitro+ board game). The glaring difference between the two card games is that Chaos TCG uses the visual novel artwork and style, whereas Prism Connect uses the anime artwork/style and screencaps. I think it's a toss-up personally, the nicer Prism Connect cards look much better (as I prefer the Anime style) but I prefer the consistent VN art to blurry screencaps. Though perhaps more noteworthy, Chaos TCG has English fan translations (similar to Weiss Schwarz) where as Prism Connect, perhaps due to its infancy, does not, so if you're looking to actually play them I'd advise going for Chaos.

I swapped out the cover card on the Prism deck, but sitting on the sides are the promos for each deck. Chaos TCG includes a predefined Makise Kurisu card which has a, I believe, 1 in 4 chance of being a signed holo version. I was not so lucky. The Prism Connect deck goes against the norm by giving you a guaranteed signed card in every trial deck, the chance being which you'll get. Up for grabs is Makise, Suzuha, Mayuri, Ruka, Moeka, or Faris Nyannyan. Luck was again not on my side, and while the only one I absolutely did not want was Moeka, Mayuri was my least preferred after her. Which puts me at a 6 trial deck in a row loss streak. Oof!
nerdstick
(08-10-2013, 05:34 AM)
Turns out there's /four/ SOA bluray promos, one for each set, all unveiled today. Fairly sure they're all new for the English version of WS, and as such are alternate art versions of other cards. In order:

Xelinis
(08-10-2013, 05:55 AM)
I never got into it, but I know that a few of my college friends back at RIT got shoulders deep into that game. The local anime store there pimps it hard.
kasane
(08-10-2013, 05:56 AM)
I have some and plan to get some more, but ill be damned if ill figure out the rules.
nerdstick
(08-10-2013, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by kasane

I have some and plan to get some more, but ill be damned if ill figure out the rules.

I haven't actually played it yet, but it's somewhat simple.
http://i.imgur.com/Pkf27IC.jpg

(Grain of salt, I haven't actually played it) Your clock is your damage, once it reaches 7 you take one of the cards in your clock, put it in your 'Level' field, and the rest into the waiting room (discard pile). You can only summon cards whos levels are equal to or below your level (which is how many cards you have in your Level field), as long as one of the cards in your Level field matches its color. So if you have a red and yellow card in your Level field, you can summon Level 2 Reds or Yellows freely. Through this, the more damage you take and the more you level up, the closer you are to losing but the stronger the cards you can summon.

When attacking, Attack power decides which card dies (if not both), but damage will go through regardless of if you win or lose a battle (I believe). Whenever you attack you look at how many little gems are at the bottom of the card, Souls, and that's how much damage you'll do. You also draw one card from the top of your deck, check it (for any additional souls or triggers from climax cards) and then put it into your Stock. When taking damage, you draw cards from the top of your deck one at a time checking for Climax cards (the horizontal ones), if you draw one the damage is cancelled and what you've drawn goes into your Waiting Room (discard). If not cancelled, they go into your Clock (damage). If you hit 7 damage, level up with one and discard the rest.

That's pretty much the basis for the game if I'm not wrong about anything, fairly simple! There is of course more rules like side-attacks (these cannot kill characters, but do less damage), activatable climax cards, spending cards from your stock to summon cards, activate abilities or save cards from death, etc, but can all be taken as they come. Last real important bit of info is that you cannot deck-out in Weiss Schwarz, when you run out of cards in your deck you take one damage, reshuffle your discard and there's your new deck.

Being new to the game I found it really hard to follow most videos of it, but my favorites are the few uploaded by youtube channel DrawTheTrigger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvyF6LID8U
(Probably because they're new to it too). Drawing large amounts of damage hoping for a climax cancel is pretty intense..
nerdstick
(08-21-2013, 01:54 AM)
September shop promo announced (and already available for sale in some cases), Style of A King, Saber:

bigkrev
(08-21-2013, 02:01 AM)
My LGS actually tried running some tournaments, but poor turnout killed any future things. The problem is that the name of the game is absurdly stupid, and their are going to be more people put off by the card art than people who want it.
nerdstick
(08-23-2013, 09:50 PM)
/Three/ new promos announced:

Weiss Schwarz Free Fight will be available at all Cardfight!! Vanguard World Championship 2013 Open Regional Qualifiers in North America

With Mami, all we're missing is 'Fighting Against Fate, Madoka' from a full set. As far as I recall, in Japan, two were trial deck promos, one was a tournament promo, Mami was a magazine promo and Madoka was a promo with the PSP game.
Android18a
(09-04-2013, 10:52 AM)

I haven't actually played it yet, but it's somewhat simple.
http://i.imgur.com/Pkf27IC.jpg

Being new to the game I found it really hard to follow most videos of it, but my favorites are the few uploaded by youtube channel DrawTheTrigger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvyF6LID8U
(Probably because they're new to it too). Drawing large amounts of damage hoping for a climax cancel is pretty intense..

Hey, thats my channel! I'm Phil! :p Everyone subscribe, we're giving away a booster box of Vanguard in the next week or so :p
nerdstick
(09-24-2013, 08:10 AM)
October PR card announced: "Saber & Irisviel & Illya"
nerdstick
(09-29-2013, 12:20 PM)

The Fate/Zero Bluray website updated with a look at the first of the two Fate/Zero Bluray promos, which uses this artwork. Very nice. (if they were only easier to find secondhand..)

I've been on a bit of a hiatus since August due to the difficulty in finding the SOA Bluray promo for sale, but am putting some heavy thought into picking up one of those Toploader Binders. They're a specially-made 6-slot page binder made to fit Toploaded cards (maximum protection). Downside is they cost $46/52 each, buying it and proper non-reused supplies would equate it to the cost of my entire collection I'd be storing in it..ouch. That said, I'm tempted to pick one up and to color-coordinate with new toploaders and perhaps expand my collection to Promos + Trial Deck Exclusives + Errata cards. Sounds fun to me at least!

Also of note: The Disgaea deck looks to be running out of stock. ideal808 (who sent me a damaged one..) has them at out of stock for $50, and Toywiz is the last store in stock I can find at..$70! 3 left. Wow. There's one at auction on eBay which is currently up to $62 with 3 days left. Glad I got mine when I did..just wish it wasn't damaged. If you can scour around for any non-inflated remaining stock, now is definitely the last chance.
Last edited by nerdstick; 09-29-2013 at 02:05 PM.
xk0sm0sx
(09-29-2013, 01:01 PM)
I bought it for Idolmaster. A trial deck and some boosters.

Played it 2 times. Realized every single abilities does the same thing : Deal more damage. Even the Climax cards.

The abilities don't reflect the character's own ability in the series. It's like some generic ability.

As I bought a few more boosters (all within Idolmaster series), cards keep repeating and the worst thing is, they all recycle the series original artwork. I guess I wanted new illustrations and the cards felt boring. (The ones with their own illustrations are nice).

So yeah, I stopped buying because the game feels shallow even though it has very interesting progression.
Reishiki
(09-29-2013, 01:12 PM)
I have the Nanoha: Gears of Destiny deck (JP) and the Disgaea deck (EN), but everyone else in my local group plays Vanguard, so I just have them around to look pretty.
SGRemy
(09-29-2013, 01:15 PM)
I love playing this game. Only me, my brother and our friend play in my area. local comic shop runs tournaments....we went there a week or 2 ago, we were the only 3 that entered -_- Still a really fun game
nerdstick
(10-25-2013, 03:14 AM)
Bakemonogatari announced: TDs in January, Booster in February.

November Shop promo announced, which given the Nov 1 release of the TD is unsurprisingly "Nice to meet you”Hatsune Miku"!:

The second Fate/Zero Bluray Promo is also unveiled, which uses this artwork:

Last edited by nerdstick; 10-25-2013 at 05:38 AM.
nerdstick
(11-10-2013, 01:50 AM)

Bushiroad announces the simultaneous release of Japanese and English versions of Weiβ Schwarz titles for 2014:
「Sword Art Online 2」, 「Angel Beats!」 and 「Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- ƒ 2nd」!

Aytrial
(11-10-2013, 02:03 AM)

RIP wallet.
Josephl64
(11-17-2013, 07:28 PM)
I just decided to get into the game, I'm getting the "Love Live! School Idol Project" Trial Deck in the mail soon.
nerdstick
(11-18-2013, 04:50 AM)
Does compressed air work for getting rid of dusts from cards?
Keep seeing a couple bits of dust under the toploader/sleeve and it drives me nuts.
Wynnebeck
get daddy a sandwich
(11-18-2013, 04:55 AM)
Played my first match ever with a frend using a Madoka deck versus his SAO deck. Pretty convoluted game honestly, but it I guess speed comes with repeated play. I was tempted to buy the Project Diva trial deck, but then I saw Evangelion so I want that one.
Josephl64
(11-18-2013, 05:20 AM)

Does compressed air work for getting rid of dusts from cards?
Keep seeing a couple bits of dust under the toploader/sleeve and it drives me nuts.

I know somebody who uses water...I don't know how they dry it though
nerdstick
(11-18-2013, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Wynnebeck

Played my first match ever with a frend using a Madoka deck versus his SAO deck. Pretty convoluted game honestly, but it I guess speed comes with repeated play. I was tempted to buy the Project Diva trial deck, but then I saw Evangelion so I want that one.

Do note the Evangelion deck will be in Japanese and you'll have to get the translations, if you didn't know (it's the only non-ENG available deck you listed). Surprising that it and Persona haven't made it over yet.
I ordered a bunch of brand new sleeves, toploaders and teambags to seal them in..and all of the toploaders have dust inside the sealed package, of what was still sealed since they came in super flimsy plastic. Oof. Probably want to avoid Cardboard Gold next time.
Josephl64
(11-18-2013, 08:27 AM)
oh how do you play with foreign cards, do you just have a page as a cheat sheet until you memorize what each card does?
nerdstick
(11-18-2013, 10:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Josephl64

oh how do you play with foreign cards, do you just have a page as a cheat sheet until you memorize what each card does?

http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/...ml?pagetype=ws
More or less. Some people choose to use inserts, cut them out and put them over the card inside the sleeve, though perhaps not worth the effort unless you have a very confusing deck.

One notable difference between the English and Japanese versions of Weiss Schwarz is that the Japanese packs/decks come with a paper slip inside each that has a chance to have a Silver/Gold sack on it, worth 1 and 3 points respectively I believe. This can be mailed out for free prizes varying from deck boxes, sleeves, mats, promo cards, etc. If you live in the US, heartofthecards has a middleman service where they ship the points and the prizes back to you.
You can view the prize selection here, which exists for a number of Bushiroad's card games. Point cost ranges from only 1 to 3 so very accessible pricewise.
Certain prizes are only available for a certain time. Such as my Steins;Gate x Chaos;Head sleeve which was previously offered in the ChaosTCG catalog (no longer available, apart from a 5-piece sampler included in first print run booster boxes).
For those who play the English sackless version, Yahoo Auctions Japan via middleman service is an alternative.
Last edited by nerdstick; 11-18-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Josephl64
(11-18-2013, 05:05 PM)

http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/...ml?pagetype=ws
More or less. Some people choose to use inserts, cut them out and put them over the card inside the sleeve, though perhaps not worth the effort unless you have a very confusing deck.

One notable difference between the English and Japanese versions of Weiss Schwarz is that the Japanese packs/decks come with a paper slip inside each that has a chance to have a Silver/Gold sack on it, worth 1 and 3 points respectively I believe. This can be mailed out for free prizes varying from deck boxes, sleeves, mats, promo cards, etc. If you live in the US, heartofthecards has a middleman service where they ship the points and the prizes back to you.
You can view the prize selection here, which exists for a number of Bushiroad's card games. Point cost ranges from only 1 to 3 so very accessible pricewise.
Certain prizes are only available for a certain time. Such as my Steins;Gate x Chaos;Head sleeve which was previously offered in the ChaosTCG catalog (no longer available, apart from a 5-piece sampler included in first print run booster boxes).
For those who play the English sackless version, Yahoo Auctions Japan via middleman service is an alternative.

oh that's cool...also is there any way to look at former prizes no longer offered?
Wynnebeck
get daddy a sandwich
(11-18-2013, 09:52 PM)

Do note the Evangelion deck will be in Japanese and you'll have to get the translations, if you didn't know (it's the only non-ENG available deck you listed). Surprising that it and Persona haven't made it over yet.

Aww man that sucks. Yeah, I'm looking at the list of ENG cards released on the Bushiroad website and they only have:

- Fate/Zero
- Project Diva
- Sword Art Online
- Disgaea ~Hour of Darkness~
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Everything else is in Japanese which sucks now that I know they have a Lucky Star deck too. *w*
nerdstick
(11-19-2013, 12:35 AM)
Not sure about finding former prizes, one possible method I can think of would be to look up a specific series under one of their card games then doing a Google search for it plus gold silver campaign in Japanese. For example, if you search Steins;Gate (シュタインズ・ゲート) and Gold Silver Campaign (金銀キャンペーン):
'シュタインズ・ゲート 金銀キャンペーン' in Google, the first image result is the sleeve I showed. Then you'd check if it's still available or not.

They announced simultaneous 2014 releases of three series and they don't release too many, so if you have a favorite series that isn't coming over and can find a trial deck fairly cheap still you may as well go for it, seeing as how translations are available.
Do note that for ENG that the Disgaea deck is a pseudo-unofficial one, it was released a few years prior to the proper releases, is unsupported (no boosters), was nerfed and is very weak compared to the Japanese version of the deck, and is getting extremely expensive ($50 minimum) so should probably avoid that one.
Apart from the ones you listed, we have Bakemonogatari and Angel Beats sometime in 2014.
Ribbon
(11-19-2013, 12:45 AM)
Oh didn't know there was a Weiss topic on gaf :).

I run a homu Madoka english deck, and a B/Y Evangelion deck. Looking foward to the english release of Bake.
nerdstick
(11-19-2013, 02:42 AM)

December shop promo announced: ”Time Machine”Hatsune Miku
Ribbon
(11-21-2013, 12:44 AM)
Anybody looking to get into the game who is a fan of Bakemonogatari can pre-order the english trial deck for $14 today through crunchyroll as their daily deal. They've also got booster box pre-order on sale with the daily deal for $65 which isn't a great deal as buying singles is much cheaper but it's an option.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/7...Edition-1-Deck
Android18a
(11-27-2013, 10:01 PM)
I opened up a booster box of the Disgaea D2 set :) Take a looksie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-U6ZHcGQo
Josephl64
(11-28-2013, 11:36 AM)
oh that's a nice looking deck, congrats :)
Josephl64
(12-03-2013, 02:13 AM)
just got my Weiss Schwarz deck, now to learn the game ~

Ribbon
(01-09-2014, 07:06 PM)
Love Live!!!! A great choice, I am tempted to start a LL deck but I already run 3 series so it's a tossup. I hope you enjoy the game though, I'd be glad to help with any questions you have.

I also purchased an Evangelion booster box but am only using the B/Y out of it so if anyone wants some Red (Asuka) or Green (Mari) cards, PM and we can cut a deal.
Last edited by Ribbon; 01-09-2014 at 07:24 PM.