• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(07-12-2013, 06:20 AM)
richiek's Avatar
So apparently this guy came up with a theory on how all the Pixar movies are connected and take place in the same universe. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how puts all the pieces together, and how Brave ties it all together.

Read on:

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(07-12-2013, 06:22 AM)
Log4Girlz's Avatar
On a Disney related note, I think all the Marvel superheros may indeed exist in the same over-arching universe.
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:22 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar
That's some creepy shit.
kurbaan
Banned
(07-12-2013, 06:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Log4Girlz

On a Disney related note, I think all the Marvel superheros may indeed exist in the same over-arching universe.

They do.... its called the Marvel Universe.
linkman26
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:24 AM)
linkman26's Avatar
Somebody has wayyyyy too much free time on their hands.
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(07-12-2013, 06:26 AM)
Log4Girlz's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurbaan

They do.... its called the Marvel Universe.

You're making shit up.
GCX
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:27 AM)
GCX's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurbaan

They do.... its called the Marvel Universe.

On a related note, I think GAF and sarcasm don't exist in the same universe.
Last edited by GCX; 07-12-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:28 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by GCX

On a related note, I think GAF and sarcasm don't exist in the same universe.

On an unrelated note, what was this thread about again?
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(07-12-2013, 06:30 AM)
Log4Girlz's Avatar
It just dawned on me. Oh mah gawd...The Incredibles can be in the next Avengers!
DominoKid
Geocities gawdamn :(
(07-12-2013, 06:30 AM)
DominoKid's Avatar
whoa...

also this reminds me that i never saw the Cars movies.
Oozer3993
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:32 AM)
Oozer3993's Avatar
Ed Catmull: "Say John, you know all these neat little Easter eggs we put in our movies referencing our other movies?"
John Lasseter: "Yeah."
Ed Catmull: "You don't think some one will use those to create some wacked out theory about how all our movies are connected, do you?"
John Lasseter: "Of course not. That would be crazy!"
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(07-12-2013, 06:33 AM)
Log4Girlz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oozer3993

Ed Catmull: "Say John, you know all these neat little Easter eggs we put in our movies referencing our other movies?"
John Lasseter: "Yeah."
Ed Catmull: "You don't think some one will use those to create some wacked out theory about how all our movies are connected, do you?"
John Lasseter: "Of course not. That would be crazy!"

Just crazy enough to work.
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:34 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oozer3993

Ed Catmull: "Say John, you know all these neat little Easter eggs we put in our movies referencing our other movies?"
John Lasseter: "Yeah."
Ed Catmull: "You don't think some one will use those to create some wacked out theory about how all our movies are connected, do you?"
John Lasseter: "Of course not. That would be crazy!"

LOL

This was honestly my first thought when I was reading this.
VertPin
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:35 AM)
VertPin's Avatar
Can someone sum this up for me? Don't feel like reading a wall of text.
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(07-12-2013, 06:36 AM)
Log4Girlz's Avatar

Originally Posted by VertPin

Can someone sum this up for me? Don't feel like reading a wall of text.

All the different pixar movies might exist in the same universe.
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:37 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by VertPin

Can someone sum this up for me? Don't feel like reading a wall of text.

Originally Posted by Bullshit Theory

The love of different people of different ages and even different species finding ways to live on Earth without destroying it because of a lust for energy.

There you have it. Also, Brave's witch and stuff.
dog$
Hates quality gaming
(07-12-2013, 06:37 AM)
dog$'s Avatar

Originally Posted by VertPin

Can someone sum this up for me? Don't feel like reading a wall of text.

OK.

Originally Posted by richiek

all the Pixar movies are connected and take place in the same universe.

Done.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:37 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar
My mind is blown
Last edited by Ahasverus; 07-12-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Odrion
The reasons were sound.
(07-12-2013, 06:37 AM)
Odrion's Avatar
Whatever, it's a fun read.
cayulinson
Junior Member
(07-12-2013, 06:39 AM)
cayulinson's Avatar
it's really weird this theory, but in some facts, make sense.

if im bored some day, i will watch the movies in order...lol
amnesiac
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:41 AM)
amnesiac's Avatar
That reminds me, I need to watch Wall-E again...
NobleGreenBeast
Junior Member
(07-12-2013, 06:42 AM)
NobleGreenBeast's Avatar
It was good read. I enjoy reading the works of people who are passionate about a certain subject, just like all the crazy zelda timelines.
VertPin
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:43 AM)
VertPin's Avatar
Thanks guys. Summaries really were resourceful. :P
I could never come up with a fan theory.
Resilient
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:44 AM)
Resilient's Avatar
That's the most fucking insane thing I've read. That's insane guys.
watershed
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:45 AM)
watershed's Avatar
I was hoping for a better read.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:53 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar
Summary:

-Brave marks the beginning of the magic age when animals and objects become sentient, also, the witch in the movie travels through doors.
-Ratatouille gets to the time when animals now sentient since centuries ago start experimenting human characteristics.
-UP is the time when humans know that animals "know" things, the device that the dog carries around is the first one to understand animals language. Also, the company called BNL appears for the first time.
-Nemo just gives us an example of a non so sentient animal (Dory) in a world of intelligent ones.
-The Incredibles has that droid giant thing that seems to be very intelligent, also the hero-killing airplane. The machines are supposedly becoming hostile.
-Toy Story shows the resentment from innanimate objects, but also show that they need the human life to live (as toys need a nearby human to be alive). BNL appears again as a giant corporation.
-Animals and objects make a planet of the apes revolution and try to destroy humans, humans use machines to win the war (that's the reason why no other animal is seen after TS2).
-In Wall-E humans are long gone from the planet as the BnL corporation (supposedly a machine corporation) go them out fot stopping the pollution of the planet caused for unbalance, machines now serve their purpose as human slaves, yet they control the planet while there are no humans around (as seen in CARS and PLANES (?)).
-Oil runs out and with no humans the machines die, that's why the world is barren in Wall-E.
-Wall-E saves the humans as he's still emotionally attached to them thanks to his history fascinations.
-The tree at the end of Wall-E is the tree from A Bug's Life, supposedly centuries have passed.
-In A Bug's Life the animals are already 100 in full human mode.
-Animals, machines and humans live in harmony for many years and so...
-Monsters are born by the mix of the three races (!)
-Monsters Inc happens in the far distant future of earth.
-As humans are now extinct, but humans are the source of their energy they create doors for TIME TRAVELLING
-That's "evidenced" by a truck in Monsters Inc being the same as in A Bug's Life but in the latter is destroyed.
-The thing is, Boo is spposedly the "Brave" witch that somehow learned the secrets of "door travel" and taht is supposedly evidenced by a carving of Sully in a piece of wood in her workshop, she also has a pizza planet truck, and the way she dissapears is because she uses the doors for time travel.

Tadaa..!
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:54 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Summary


@Summary:
Brave marks the beginning of the magic age when animals and objects become sentient, also, the witch in the movie travels through doors.
Ratatouille gets to the time when animals now sentient since centuries ago start experimenting human characteristics.
UP is the time when humans know that animals "know" things, the device that the dog carries around is the first one to understand animals language. Also, the company called BNL appears for the first time.
Nemo just gives us an example of a non so sentient animal (Dory) in a world of intelligent ones.
The Incredibles has that droid giant thing that seems to be very intelligent, also the hero-killing airplane. The machines are supposedly becoming hostile.
Toy Story shows the resentment from innanimate objects, but also show that they need the human life to live (as toys need a nearby human to be alive). BNL appears again as a giant corporation.
Animals and objects make a planet of the apes revolution and try to destroy humans, humans use machines to win the war (that's the reason why no other animal is seen after TS2).
In Wall-E humans are long gone from the planet as the BnL corporation (supposedly a machine corporation) go them out fot stopping the pollution of the planet caused for unbalance, machines now serve their purpose as human slaves, yet they control the planet while there are no humans around (as seen in CARS and PLANES (?)).
Oil runs out and with no humans the machines die, that's why the world is barren in Wall-E.
Wall-E saves the humans as he's still emotionally attached to them thanks to his history fascinations.
The tree at the end of Wall-E is the tree from A Bug's Life, supposedly centuries have passed.
In A Bug's Life the animals are already 100 in full human mode.
Animals, machines and humans live in harmony for many years and so...
Monsters are born by the mix of the three races (!)
Monsters Inc happens in the far distant future of earth.
As humans are now extinct, but humans are the source of their energy they create doors for TIME TRAVELLING
That's "evidenced" by a truck in Monsters Inc being the same as in A Bug's Life but in the latter is destroyed.
The thing is, Boo is spposedly the "Brave" witch that somehow learned the secrets of "door travel" and taht is supposedly evidenced by a carving of Sully in a piece of wood in her workshop, she also has a pizza planet truck, and the way she dissapears is because she uses the doors for time travel.

Tadaa..!

I think you need to work on your tl;dr version.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:58 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

I think you need to work on your tl;dr version.

Boo is the witch from brave and creates the magic that makes innanimate objects and animals sentient (whose energy depends on humans) and that causes a rebellion against humans that make them almost extinct, kil the whole planet and then they are reunited again in a new race called monsters that create doors for time travelling to get energy, so boo discovers the door magic and the cycle starts again...?
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 06:59 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Boo is the witch from brave and creates the magic that makes innanimate objects and animals sentient (whose energy depends on humans) and that causes a rebellion against humans that make them almost extinct, kil the whole planet and then they are reunited again in a new race called monsters that create doors for time travelling to get energy, so boo discovers the door magic and the cycle starts again...?

Eh...

You know, it's probably more of an issue with the actual theory than it is you.

But you still can't condense that?
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:01 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

Eh...

You know, it's probably more of an issue with the actual theory than it is you.

But you still can't condense that?

I think I can't Mrs Rosemary, please don't take me to summer school u.u

:P
Jack Scofield
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:02 AM)
Jack Scofield's Avatar
How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:03 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.

There are humans in A Bug's Life, the ones that came back in Wall-E
Infinitemadness
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:04 AM)
Infinitemadness's Avatar
Man, John Lassiter insists that these worlds don't collide. Hence, the Toy Box in Infinity where this is allowed. Maybe a few do like Bugs Life and Toy Story (which this writer fails to call out the bugs cameo in part 2 Thus ruining a big chunk of this theory. )
cayulinson
Junior Member
(07-12-2013, 07:05 AM)
cayulinson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

There are humans in A Bug's Life, the ones that came back in Wall-E

buuuuurn!!!
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:05 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.

But what about the waterbottles, "forever in a landfill" and all that?

YOU TELLIN ME THOSE COMMERSHALS WERE LIES?
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:06 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar
The only serious relation is that of the witch being boo, honestly.
Jack Scofield
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:07 AM)
Jack Scofield's Avatar
The best part of that site was this exchange in the comments:


Niggaronay July 11, 2013 at 10:37 am · · Reply →
This seems like there are a lot more dots to connect, and I recognize things as I watch Pixar movies that always allude to other Pixar movies (none that I can think of right now). Good work, mate!

Jon Negroni July 11, 2013 at 10:41 am · · Reply →
…Your username is similar to my last name (Negroni). Intentional? Also, thanks!

Anonymous July 12, 2013 at 12:03 am · ·
lmao his name is “nigga ronnie”

chandoog
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:08 AM)
chandoog's Avatar
Fuuuuck .. i just spent 15 minutes reading the entire thing.

right up there with "squall is dead" in terms of theories that make too much sense but you know can't be how the developers intended it.
LycanXIII
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:08 AM)
LycanXIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.

The humans are back, but just in small settlements after they return in WALL-E.
strobogo
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:09 AM)
strobogo's Avatar

Originally Posted by DominoKid

whoa...

also this reminds me that i never saw the Cars movies.

Good. Keep it that way so you don't have to lower your opinion of Pixar.
qindarka
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:10 AM)
qindarka's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

Fuuuuck .. i just spent 15 minutes reading the entire thing.

right up there with "squall is dead" in terms of theories that make too much sense but you know can't be how the developers intended it.

These theories don't make sense at all. The explanations are very forced. And of course, what kills it is the lack of intent.
Jubern
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:18 AM)
Jubern's Avatar
I don't really believe any of this, but it was a really fun read.

I just see it as them putting tons of cameo and doing some tie-ins for shits and giggles..
JCreasy
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:21 AM)
JCreasy's Avatar
EskimoJoe
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:25 AM)
EskimoJoe's Avatar
I think the theory is dumb and a lot of reaching, although the Boo/Witch connection is good.
Mariolee
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:26 AM)
Mariolee's Avatar
I think he knows how ridiculous it sounds, but it's great head-canon.
Cth
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:29 AM)
Cth's Avatar
They've been doing this for years.. I like the new one.

Here's the old one that was made before they knew about Toy Story 3.

Stellactic
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:29 AM)
Stellactic's Avatar
Somebody please make an overarching Pixar fan-fiction novel. You know this would be one epic tail from beginning to end
Toa TAK
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:37 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stellactic

Somebody please make an overarching Pixar fan-fiction novel. You know this would be one epic tail from beginning to end

Including the gay sex?
wildfire
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:39 AM)
Now I know the canonical order I should watch Pixar movies.

But I think Brave should be an Epilogue for Monsters Inc. instead of a prequel for everything else ;)

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

I think you need to work on your tl;dr version.

No. That was almost perfect. Just some spelling errors and small inaccuracies.
Last edited by wildfire; 07-12-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-12-2013, 07:43 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

Including the gay sex?

SPECIALLY the gay sex

Thread Tools