• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update imminent on 3DS? (Minor UI update, Wii U games listing)

Forget about crossbuy guys. Remember that 3DS and Wii U don't have an all encompassing emulator so unless the games are available for both systems you shouldn't be able to download the Wii U version of Earthbound, for example.

500 posts later...

bl6Hqmo.jpg

Screen+shot+2010-10-02+at+12.19.32+PM.png

"Go away, lady! There ain't no cross buy and there never was!"

Shahadan

Cross-buying confirmed

Honestly M&L Dream Team seems designed for this. There are so many times where the games tells you to watch the other screen via big arrows everywhere, like if the second screen wasn't already under your nose.

But realistically, it's not happening.

BowieZ

Banned
Why not use this thread to talk about what Nintendo would likely do (or should do?) to create an account system? In reality based on what they've already done with the 3DS friend code and NNID.

SuperSah

Banned
Hm.

I'm skeptical. Sure, the video shows proof and if anything it does appear to be a work in progress.

On the other hand, I cannot see Nintendo doing it.

Haines

Banned
Forget about crossbuy guys. Remember that 3DS and Wii U don't have an all encompassing emulator so unless the games are available for both systems you shouldn't be able to download the Wii U version of Earthbound, for example.

Thats what I dont get. Nintendo is barely getting any tiites out at all to begin with and people expect cross buy? It wont happen.

upandaway

I don't think there's any doubt that this isn't happening right now, but if it's a glitch or whatever for a work in progress update, then isn't that big news?

Galang

Banned
Lol Nintendo introduce cross-buy? Hahahaha

Major disappointment incoming for sure. I'd buy a Wii U today if that happened

It doesn't look to me like it's cross-buy, just skimming the video.

It looks like you can access either store from the 3DS or Wii U (or, say, a browser or phone) but I don't think that necessarily means software will be playable on both if you only buy it on one.
That's what I would guess. Like how you can buy PSP/Vita games on your PS3.

Lasdrub

Even if it means cross-buy (which I doubt very much), knowing Nintendo's assiness it will be like this:

- Do you have game X on 3DS? Doesn't matter
- Do you have game X on Wii U? Doesn't matter
- Do you have game X on Wii? It really doesn't matter
- You have to rebuy the cross-buyable version or if lucky, just at a fee

My point is, the 3 NES cross-buyables games that will be available at day 1 will not become magically and freely playable on the other system. You will need to give Nintendo some mor emoney for that.

It's not magic, it's what every single other company that sells digital goods does. This is worse than on-disc DLC or paid online to me. If you can pay a fee to play the game you already purchased before, it will still be the biggest ripoff in gaming.

Cbajd5

yeah it's all back to normal, quit panicking

everyone go download that denpa men 2 demo if you don't got the game yet though

sigh

EDIT: WAIT I GOT AN ERROR SO I SHALL CONTINUE PANICKING

DOUBLE EDIT: never mind it's fine now, quitting panicking again

TunaLover

Yep, but then they could create cross-buy system only for games a vailables in both platforms, they did that with Super Metroid Wii/Wii U (for a small fee)

Thorakai

I don't even care about cross-buy because you know Nintendo will just add a charge like they do for Wii > Wii U transfer. All I want is a proper account system and a more competent UI for the 3DS eShop.

Cbajd5

MORE ERRORS

THIS IS TOO EXCITING

also now i can't download the second cross x zone demo

thanks a lot

SO EVERYONE PANIC AGAIN

JavyOO7

I doubt there will be cross buy. If that does come it'll be through a Nintendo Direct since its kinda a big feature.

But according to Nintendo's network status, all of their shops are experiencing technical difficulties.

"Due to technical difficulties, some online service features
may be unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience
this may cause.

Start Date and Time of Outage:
Friday, July 19, 2013 8:20 AM Pacific Time
Ongoing"

javac

Wouldn't they have covered this in the Mini Direct yesterday?

My S4 also got a software update today lol.

Danneee

It's Nintendo. No way in hell we are getting anything we actually want that makes sense. It's just not the way they do business.

Top Bottom