• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 Demo From SDCC (New gameplay)

Something I noticed when he was going through the weapons locker:

1/21 firearms
1/25 electronic
1/40 blunt
1/10 mechanical
1/101 combos

Neogaf exclusive info courtesy of me!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm not digging the animations (mostly movement, interaction with the environment). It doesn't look a step above (or even match) what Ubisoft is doing.

derFeef

Demo was pretty awesome, framerate problems aside.
No loading is welcome for sure, as is the on-the-fly weapon making.

Does it look different? Yes. Does it still look like Dead Rising? Hell yeah.

Xamdou

Never played Dead Rising 1 or 2, but I am extremely interested in this! No loading and insane amount of weapon combos is awesome!

Does the game have online coop?

Not sure how I feel about being to reclaim all your weapons from the safehouse. I think it would be better if you actually had to take them there first before you could reclaim them.

A little more procedural cutting would be nice to, I saw some horizontal cuts resulting in vertical dismemberment

Fabrikator

Neo Member
I'm not digging the animations (mostly movement, interaction with the environment). It doesn't look a step above (or even match) what Ubisoft is doing.

UUghh yeah, I know what you're saying. shitty animations are pet peeve of mine, and this being a "next gen" game, Capcom has no excuses.

Striek

Game is looking fun.

That framerate is probably the worst we've seen of any next-gen footage yet though. Atrocious.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Driving through a graveyard in a hearse desecrating tombstones only possible with Xbox One confirmed.

Power of the cloud and esram.

Capcom Vancouver - Please get rid of that stupid Call of Duty blood jelly on the screen. Nobody liked that shit in 2005 and nobody likes it now. Game Design 101 : Decreasing screen visibility as a "reward" for killing zombies doesn't make sense. Oh look I just cut that zombie in half, oh shit I now have bitemporal hemi-opnia and I can't see the shit on the right side of the screen.

Having said that ... everything else - game looks fun. Fix that framerate though.

Lucent

Capcom Vancouver - Please FUCKING get rid of that stupid Call of Duty blood jelly on the screen. Nobody liked that shit in 2005 and nobody likes it now. Game Design 101 : Decreasing screen visibility as a "reward" for killing zombies doesn't make sense.

Agreed. That stuff is annoying. They didn't have it in the first two games and it definitely isn't necessary here.

Lucent

Man when he started using that flame sword. Was like 15 frames per second or something. (I dunno I can't guess exactly).

wapplew

Gameplay look fun, Not a fan of the color pallet though.
Im gonna wait for frank director cut pc version of it. Capcom gonna Capcom.

Alfredo

Is the little number the appears with a blood splatter on the left side of the screen the new kill counter?

If so, I'm glad that there is a kill counter, but I'm gonna miss the "____ KILLED" in the lower right. That thing was burned into my screen for a while after trying to get the 7-day survivor achievement in the original Dead Rising...but it's so iconic!

derFeef

Sewer footage was in the E3 demo. The ViDoc has new footage, this is the exact same demo shown at E3.

Then my memory is getting worse, I was not sold as much at E3, but with this I was.
Was the E3 demo that long as well?

That "gunshots from the air" is new for sure...

Kinyou

Isn't the quality of animation mostly depending on the amount of work put into it and not the hardware? I'm afraid that Ubisoft level of animations will not become standard for next gen.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Man if they get a stable 60 FPS at launch, this and Forza 5 both at 60 FPS will be hard to beat!

No way this is going to be 60FPS, it'll be 30 and hopefully solid. We'll see though, launch titles can always be iffy.

Then my memory is getting worse, I was not sold as much at E3, but with this I was.
Was the E3 demo that long as well?

That "gunshots from the air" is new for sure...

There was another 24 min E3 floor demo of DR3 and it was almost exactly what they showed here, including the sewer part.

Lucent

I find this ridiculous amount of pop-ins even much more annoying than the framerate

Yeah. I really think they need to find the perfect balance. Scale down the amount of zombies until you can eliminate that stuff. Having no load screens is probably even tougher on it.

Ragnarok

So I love open world games and I'm digging the trend of next gen of having a lot of them. But for fucks sake stop with the pop in. It's the one thing that will immediately take me out of the world. Worse than a choppy frame rate imo (which this also has lol). Can we get a petition going or something? These games have to be almost finished and that every single damn open world game I've seen has had horrendous, unacceptable pop in problems.

That weapons locker kinda drew me off a little bit. So you can choose your weapons you want now as long as you've picked it up before? The funnest part of Dead Rising was going into areas just to get a specific weapon or finding old weapons to discover an upgrade.

I'm not digging that part. Everything else looks ok I guess.

That weapons locker kinda drew me off a little bit. So you can choose your weapons you want now as long as you've picked it up before? The funnest part of Dead Rising was going into areas just to get a specific weapon or finding old weapons to discover an upgrade.

I'm not digging that part. Everything else looks ok I guess.

Well, weapon lockers aren't everywhere. So if you see one, you get access to all previous unlocked weapons....until they break. Then you're back to picking up whatever bullshit you can find on the streets.

Kyoufu

Frame rate, graphics and animation don't bother me.

The game itself looks like an open world zombie Musou game. I don't know. Doesn't really excite me.

Top Bottom