• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA - My Little Pony Avatar items / Pets comes to Xbox 360

judhudson

So Microsoft has jumped on the Pony bandwagon with a bunch of pony stuff to purchase in their store for your Avatar. Hoodies, Shirts, and even a pet Dash.

Store link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=My little pony&DownloadType=AvatarItem

thumblg.png

Video demonstration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5qeYPO5QBmU

I know this will probably get a lot of hate, but still pretty cool if your an MLP fan. Too bad I don't own an Xbox. I may have to head on over to my sister's place though to check it out for myself.

Rashid

Banned
If I was the leader of the world, all bronies would be sterilised. Or maybe only those that have the rule 34 of them.

But seriously who would buy this?

Wynnebeck

Banned
So Microsoft has jumped on the Pony bandwagon with a bunch of pony stuff to purchase in their store for your Avatar. Hoodies, Shirts, and even a pet Dash.

Store link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=My little pony&DownloadType=AvatarItem

thumblg.png

Video demonstration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5qeYPO5QBmU

I know this will probably get a lot of hate, but still pretty cool if your an MLP fan. Too bad I don't own an Xbox. I may have to head on over to my sister's place though to check it out for myself.

Ponies!?

Nah I'm kidding. That's pretty cool. Applejack is my favorite.

Boogdud

The same people that actually pay for their avatar to look different.

Also, the same people that stick a pony figure in their pocket and talk to it and pet it while walking to lunch. This is a 35-40 year old man, at a fortune 100 company. It's beyond creepy.

It's like a guy that has a human skull growing out of his ear. You see the gigantic thing growing out of him and you try to not make eye contact with it, or say anything at all that could bring up conversation about it...

Dang0

Genuinely. It becomes their entire identity and its fucking scary, dude.

That can happen with almost any hobby or interest. There will always be people who go nutso on it, but the vast majority of bronies are pretty normal.

A part of me still wants to understand, but don't think I ever will. I'm almost 30 and I love Adventure Time and Regular Show. But My Little Pony? I.. I don't get it.

Its a good cartoon with a (mostly) good community that pumps out tons of cool fan content. Seriously, go on youtube and look up some fan made animation for it, there's tons.

To be honest, I am surprised it took them that long to do it lol.

And yeah I've no idea why the show pretty darn popular either, I mean it's not bad but it's a stroke of genius like some claim it to be.

Wynnebeck

Banned
If I was the leader of the world, all bronies would be sterilised. Or maybe only those that have the rule 34 of them.

But seriously who would buy this?

Thank goodness we don't have someone as ignorant as this as leader of the world then. Do people think about what they write before they click Submit Reply?

That's because a large amount of MLP on the internet involves ponies getting fucked in various positions by other ponies.

Joking right? The people with anime avatars really shouldn't be throwing stones in their especially fragile glass houses.

Village

† Tenshi †;72319776 said:
If you listen to them, "genuinely."

Personally, I think it's a trend. It'll die like everything else in time with nary but a small cult following left.
I doubt it, hasbro tends to market things like crazy once they strike gold, this version probably wont be going away for a long while. Then the adults share their love it with their kids, like transformers. Also its sanic with horses so, It might be a while before this goes away.

That's because a large amount of MLP on the internet involves ponies getting fucked in various positions by other ponies.

There is a large amount of everything getting diddlied on the internet to be fair, i bloody like sonic, the shit i've seen.

Also Nepti is throwing stones?

Always a kick when the likes of Final Fantasy fans and people with anime young girl avatars start chastising.

Anyhoo the mane on those hoodies are all the same and I don't like Rainbow Dash. 0/10 would not buy. Rare avatar sweatshop, DISAPPOINT!

Interesting. Regardless which forum it's on, these threads always seem to go the same way.
You'd think after three years the whole thing would demystify and people would just let bygones be and all that.

-GJ-

Depends on the person. For me, it started ironically, but now I think I actually like it. the R34 still unnerves me. I made the tragic mistake of visiting /mlp/ and will never do so again

This. The show is actually pretty good when you look through all the pink fluff. They tried to cater to an audience with references to famous movies and shows (The Big Lebowski, Star Wars) so that parents could watch the show with their kids and would actually be entertained too, but it got out of hand.

I really like the show and I wear a t-shirt of it from time to time (I almost always wear cartoon shirts), but that rule 34 shit has to go. That's disgusting, disturbing and fucking awful.

Village

Always a kick when the likes of Final Fantasy fans and people with anime young girl avatars start chastising.

Anyhoo the mane on those hoodies are all the same and I don't like Rainbow Dash. 0/10 would not buy. Rare avatar sweatshop, DISAPPOINT!

You'd think after three years the whole thing would demystify and people would just let bygones be and all that.

From a fan of sonic and pokemon. They will never let it go.

tumblr_lrdkhknLCw1r22bauo1_500.gif

I doubt it, hasbro tends to market things like crazy once they strike gold, this version probably wont be going away for a long while. Then the adults share their love it with their kids, like transformers. Also its sanic with horses so, It might be a while before this goes away.

Yeah, ok. People said the same thing about Power Rangers when I was growing up but I haven't seen a little kid interested in Power Rangers since ... fuck, I can't even remember. I do know that it's FAR less than it used to be, and MLP will NOT be an exception to the rule.

This was always my biggest complaint about XBL avatars. How come I can't be an animal or something? I always have to be a stupid human. I would never do my little Pony or Petz but I wants to be something other than a Human.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This. The show is actually pretty good when you look through all the pink fluff. They tried to cater to an audience with references to famous movies and shows (The Big Lebowski, Star Wars) so that parents could watch the show with their kids and would actually be entertained too, but it got out of hand.

I really like the show and I wear a t-shirt of it from time to time (I almost always wear cartoon shirts), but that rule 34 shit has to go. That's disgusting, disturbing and fucking awful.

Dear lord I still do not understand this though. It always comes up as a reason why the show is "good for adults" but its the basest, cheapest form of adult pandering.

Village

† Tenshi †;72322896 said:
tumblr_lrdkhknLCw1r22bauo1_500.gif

Yeah, ok. People said the same thing about Power Rangers when I was growing up but I haven't seen a little kid interested in Power Rangers since ... fuck, I can't even remember. I do know that it's FAR less than it used to be, and MLP will NOT be an exception to the rule.

However they have a secret weapon

Being neon colored anthroporphic talking animals, its sanic with horses. Do you know all the shit the sanic franchise gets away with. The power of neon colored anthroporphic animals is astounding.

Its a weapon to be feared.

Top Bottom