• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

judhudson
(07-23-2013, 02:50 PM)
So Microsoft has jumped on the Pony bandwagon with a bunch of pony stuff to purchase in their store for your Avatar. Hoodies, Shirts, and even a pet Dash.

Store link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Se...ype=AvatarItem

Video demonstration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5qeYPO5QBmU

I know this will probably get a lot of hate, but still pretty cool if your an MLP fan. Too bad I don't own an Xbox. I may have to head on over to my sister's place though to check it out for myself.
Rashid
Banned
(07-23-2013, 02:52 PM)
If I was the leader of the world, all bronies would be sterilised. Or maybe only those that have the rule 34 of them.

But seriously who would buy this?
PaulloDEC
(07-23-2013, 02:52 PM)
The lack of a mouth on Dash is a little creepy. Otherwise, nice for 360 users.
Einbroch
(07-23-2013, 02:54 PM)
Aww, that little pony looks cute.

Fine by me, and smart of Microsoft.
DidntKnowJack
(07-23-2013, 02:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Rashid

A ton of people.

I don't get it either.
Kid Ska
(07-23-2013, 02:55 PM)
Now they're taking our Avatars? Is nothing sacred?
Red Rudolph
(07-23-2013, 02:56 PM)

The same people that actually pay for their avatar to look different.

EDIT: I don't get it either either.
Avallon
Banned
(07-23-2013, 02:56 PM)
I'm confused. Do bronies like MLP ironically or genuinely?
Wynnebeck
get daddy a sandwich
(07-23-2013, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by judhudson

So Microsoft has jumped on the Pony bandwagon with a bunch of pony stuff to purchase in their store for your Avatar. Hoodies, Shirts, and even a pet Dash.

Store link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Se...ype=AvatarItem

Video demonstration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5qeYPO5QBmU

I know this will probably get a lot of hate, but still pretty cool if your an MLP fan. Too bad I don't own an Xbox. I may have to head on over to my sister's place though to check it out for myself.

Ponies!?

Nah I'm kidding. That's pretty cool. Applejack is my favorite.
onlyindreams
Banned
(07-23-2013, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Avallon

Genuinely. It becomes their entire identity and its fucking scary, dude.
Snowden's Secret
Banned
(07-23-2013, 02:59 PM)
There aren't avatars on XBONE, right? What's the point?
Tenshi
Banned

If you listen to them, "genuinely."

Personally, I think it's a trend. It'll die like everything else in time with nary but a small cult following left.
Boogdud

Originally Posted by Red Rudolph

The same people that actually pay for their avatar to look different.

Also, the same people that stick a pony figure in their pocket and talk to it and pet it while walking to lunch. This is a 35-40 year old man, at a fortune 100 company. It's beyond creepy.

It's like a guy that has a human skull growing out of his ear. You see the gigantic thing growing out of him and you try to not make eye contact with it, or say anything at all that could bring up conversation about it...
PaulloDEC
(07-23-2013, 03:00 PM)

Originally Posted by onlyindreams

shandy706
(07-23-2013, 03:01 PM)
My 5 year old will love this. Thanks
Arkos
Nose how to spell and rede to
Finally
EagleEyes
Nice, i've been waiting for something like this. Will download tonight when I get home.
Monomythian
(07-23-2013, 03:02 PM)
This is going to make Microsoft so much goddamn money it might recoup the Xbone development losses.
AngelsDontBurn
Banned

Originally Posted by DidntKnowJack

A ton of people.

I don't get it either.

A part of me still wants to understand, but don't think I ever will. I'm almost 30 and I love Adventure Time and Regular Show. But My Little Pony? I.. I don't get it.
OneEightZero
aka ThreeOneFour

^_^
fightclubdoll
(07-23-2013, 03:03 PM)
The animation is quite long for an Avatar prop... my little girl will be getting it for sure. =-)
Kokonoe
Banned

Originally Posted by OneEightZero

^_^

TriangleOfCorruption
This is still a thing?
Who would have thought it would last this long.

Originally Posted by Storm360

What's next, meme gamerpics?

oh god don't give them ideas
Last edited by TriangleOfCorruption; 07-23-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Dang0
(07-23-2013, 03:04 PM)

That can happen with almost any hobby or interest. There will always be people who go nutso on it, but the vast majority of bronies are pretty normal.

Originally Posted by AngelsDontBurn

A part of me still wants to understand, but don't think I ever will. I'm almost 30 and I love Adventure Time and Regular Show. But My Little Pony? I.. I don't get it.

Its a good cartoon with a (mostly) good community that pumps out tons of cool fan content. Seriously, go on youtube and look up some fan made animation for it, there's tons.
Last edited by Dang0; 07-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
CronoShot
(07-23-2013, 03:05 PM)
Aw hell.
Storm360
(07-23-2013, 03:05 PM)
Oh god no.

What's next, meme gamerpics?

Keep these pointless fads and memes off Xbox Live please.
Ambience7817x
(07-23-2013, 03:06 PM)

Depends on the person. For me, it started ironically, but now I think I actually like it. the R34 still unnerves me. I made the tragic mistake of visiting /mlp/ and will never do so again
Grimsen
(07-23-2013, 03:07 PM)
How come Care Bears aren't popular like Ponies? They're basically the same thing.
RedNumberFive
Xbone credit card reader
(07-23-2013, 03:07 PM)

I'm not sure, but I find it creepy when I see grown men lurking through the girls aisles of Toys R Us.
Lord-Audie
(07-23-2013, 03:08 PM)

If I was the leader of the world, all bronies would be sterilised. Or maybe only those that have the rule 34 of them.

This thread went very dark, very quick.
Tenshi
Banned
(07-23-2013, 03:09 PM)

Originally Posted by shandy706

My 5 year old will love this. Thanks

Sure, your 5 year old.... :P
shimoto
(07-23-2013, 03:11 PM)
Interesting. Regardless which forum it's on, these threads always seem to go the same way.
Arabian Mage
(07-23-2013, 03:12 PM)
To be honest, I am surprised it took them that long to do it lol.

And yeah I've no idea why the show pretty darn popular either, I mean it's not bad but it's a stroke of genius like some claim it to be.
Avallon
Banned
(07-23-2013, 03:12 PM)

Originally Posted by shimoto

Interesting. Regardless which forum it's on, these threads always seem to go the same way.

That's because a large amount of MLP on the internet involves ponies getting fucked in various positions by other ponies.
Wynnebeck
get daddy a sandwich
(07-23-2013, 03:14 PM)

Thank goodness we don't have someone as ignorant as this as leader of the world then. Do people think about what they write before they click Submit Reply?

That's because a large amount of MLP on the internet involves ponies getting fucked in various positions by other ponies.

Joking right? The people with anime avatars really shouldn't be throwing stones in their especially fragile glass houses.
Village
(07-23-2013, 03:14 PM)

Originally Posted by † Tenshi †

If you listen to them, "genuinely."

Personally, I think it's a trend. It'll die like everything else in time with nary but a small cult following left.

I doubt it, hasbro tends to market things like crazy once they strike gold, this version probably wont be going away for a long while. Then the adults share their love it with their kids, like transformers. Also its sanic with horses so, It might be a while before this goes away.

There is a large amount of everything getting diddlied on the internet to be fair, i bloody like sonic, the shit i've seen.

Also Nepti is throwing stones?
Last edited by Village; 07-23-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Rickenslacker
(07-23-2013, 03:16 PM)
Always a kick when the likes of Final Fantasy fans and people with anime young girl avatars start chastising.

Anyhoo the mane on those hoodies are all the same and I don't like Rainbow Dash. 0/10 would not buy. Rare avatar sweatshop, DISAPPOINT!

Originally Posted by shimoto

You'd think after three years the whole thing would demystify and people would just let bygones be and all that.
-GJ-

Originally Posted by Ambience7817x

Depends on the person. For me, it started ironically, but now I think I actually like it. the R34 still unnerves me. I made the tragic mistake of visiting /mlp/ and will never do so again

This. The show is actually pretty good when you look through all the pink fluff. They tried to cater to an audience with references to famous movies and shows (The Big Lebowski, Star Wars) so that parents could watch the show with their kids and would actually be entertained too, but it got out of hand.

I really like the show and I wear a t-shirt of it from time to time (I almost always wear cartoon shirts), but that rule 34 shit has to go. That's disgusting, disturbing and fucking awful.
Korosenai
It has begun
Village
(07-23-2013, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

Always a kick when the likes of Final Fantasy fans and people with anime young girl avatars start chastising.

Anyhoo the mane on those hoodies are all the same and I don't like Rainbow Dash. 0/10 would not buy. Rare avatar sweatshop, DISAPPOINT!

You'd think after three years the whole thing would demystify and people would just let bygones be and all that.

From a fan of sonic and pokemon. They will never let it go.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(07-23-2013, 03:18 PM)

Well that escalated quickly
Man Puncher
Tenshi
Banned

I doubt it, hasbro tends to market things like crazy once they strike gold, this version probably wont be going away for a long while. Then the adults share their love it with their kids, like transformers. Also its sanic with horses so, It might be a while before this goes away.

Yeah, ok. People said the same thing about Power Rangers when I was growing up but I haven't seen a little kid interested in Power Rangers since ... fuck, I can't even remember. I do know that it's FAR less than it used to be, and MLP will NOT be an exception to the rule.
schwabdizzle
(07-23-2013, 03:19 PM)
This was always my biggest complaint about XBL avatars. How come I can't be an animal or something? I always have to be a stupid human. I would never do my little Pony or Petz but I wants to be something other than a Human.
Nasreddin

Originally Posted by OneEightZero

^_^

Perfect. :D
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician

Originally Posted by -GJ-

This. The show is actually pretty good when you look through all the pink fluff. They tried to cater to an audience with references to famous movies and shows (The Big Lebowski, Star Wars) so that parents could watch the show with their kids and would actually be entertained too, but it got out of hand.

I really like the show and I wear a t-shirt of it from time to time (I almost always wear cartoon shirts), but that rule 34 shit has to go. That's disgusting, disturbing and fucking awful.

Dear lord I still do not understand this though. It always comes up as a reason why the show is "good for adults" but its the basest, cheapest form of adult pandering.
Village
(07-23-2013, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Tenshi

Yeah, ok. People said the same thing about Power Rangers when I was growing up but I haven't seen a little kid interested in Power Rangers since ... fuck, I can't even remember. I do know that it's FAR less than it used to be, and MLP will NOT be an exception to the rule.

However they have a secret weapon

Being neon colored anthroporphic talking animals, its sanic with horses. Do you know all the shit the sanic franchise gets away with. The power of neon colored anthroporphic animals is astounding.

Its a weapon to be feared.
AkimbO_Arcana
(07-23-2013, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Snowden's Secret

There aren't avatars on XBONE, right? What's the point?

Well, we have a product for you. It's called Xbox 360.
KieferCrimson
(07-23-2013, 03:23 PM)
Oh, fuck no.
DeadNames
Banned
(07-23-2013, 03:23 PM)
andherewego.gif