• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom press conference; August 20th 7PM CET, 6PM UK

Hoping for:

1: Release date, october in EUROPE!
2: More PS4 launch titles to be revealed.
3: New PS4 games!
4: That MS puts on a truly bad show and keep to waving that anti consumer flag.

~~Hasan~~

i do not have much faith in this show when it comes to PS4. i believe they will focus a little bit more on PS VIta.

i mean, i am sure there will be a PS4 since its their biggest thing ever. but i doubt we will get more than 1 or 2 games annouced max.

i expect TGS when Sony / MS will show some exclusive / new games.

so i am not going to get hyped and get crushed.

with that being said, i can't wait for the new Demo of Drive Club. show me that PS4 power :/

You do realise how fanboyish you sound, right?

well I owned both 360 and PS3, and I love gears.. I just cant keep supporting such a anti consumer company and I feel that they should be punished hard this coming gen for that anti consumer BS they forced on us. and if I cant express my feelings towards MS without being called out as a Sony fanboy then so be it.

farisr

You do realise how fanboyish you sound, right?

I don't consider anyone wishing for MS to do bad in console gaming now, to be a fanboy.

At this point, I'd rather they fail in the console industry, sell off their IPs, and make space for somebody else (that actually cares about games) to rise up and compete against Sony.

Bundy

Banned
well I owned both 360 and PS3, and I love gears.. I just cant keep supporting such a anti consumer company and I feel that they should be punished hard this coming gen for that anti consumer BS they forced on us. and if I cant express my feelings towards MS without being called out as a Sony fanboy then so be it.
I know a lot of people (friends, buddies/gamers online) which are feeling the same way you feel.
The 180 doesn't matter to them. They tried to "screw" the gaming community and now the damage has been done. They don't trust MS anymore.
Can't say I disagree with them....

~~Hasan~~

I don't consider anyone wishing for MS to do bad in console gaming now, to be a fanboy.

At this point, I'd rather they fail in the console industry, sell off their IPs, and make space for somebody else (that actually cares about games) to rise up and compete against Sony.

i find this harsh. wishing a company to fail and people to lose their job just because some idiot executive managers isn't fair.

without MS, we wouldnt have live chat during games like its now, and we would have been stuck with arrogant Sony back in 2006 till 2013 since they are #1 (if MS wasn't around).

competition is always good. i do wish Sony to win this upcoming Gen "because i honestly believe they should since they have such a nice hardware. and i want Devs to support this awesome power and not held back because of inferior system. . but i do not wish the other company to quite the market. or suffer a slow death like the WII U

Alchemist

What I would like:

Release date for the PS4
On-screen, up to date footage of Driveclub
The Order: 1886 gameplay
Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer reveal

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

There's a big difference between wanting a console to fail because it's bad and wanting a console to be bad so it will fail. And don't you dare try to tell me this industry would be better off without Microsoft. It wouldn't. Lets just take a moment to picture what the industry would be like if MS never entered the gaming industry, shall we? Sony would be dominant and online gaming on consoles would still be terrible because Xbox Live would have never existed. With no competition Sony would still be in 2006 arrogance mode. We never would have gotten PlayStation Plus because Sony wouldn't have had to come up with a fantastic service to combat Xbox Live. And just imagine what things might have been like if Xbox Live Arcade never existed.

Competition is good. You should be wanting both consoles to be good and both consoles to be a success so that healthy competition remains. You think Sony wouldn't have stepped up their game the way they did with PS3 if it wasn't for the success of the 360? You think Nintendo wouldn't have stepped up their game with the SNES if it wasn't for the success of the Mega Drive? Better consoles are made from healthy competition. We need both the Xbox One and the PS4 to become great consoles. We don't need one console to be bad just so it will fail so you can be satisfied a company that you don't like will leave the industry.

farisr

i find this harsh. wishing a company to fail and people to lose their job just because some idiot executive managers isn't fair.

without MS, we wouldnt have live chat during games like its now, and we would have been stuck with arrogant Sony back in 2006 till 2013 since they are #1 (if MS wasn't around).

competition is always good. i do wish Sony to win this upcoming Gen "because i honestly believe they should since they have such a nice hardware. and i want Devs to support this awesome power and not held back because of inferior system. . but i do not wish the other company to quite the market. or suffer a slow death like the WII U

We're not talking about the past (most of it anyways) here, we're talking about how they are currently. Sure they did some good things for the industry before, but what they were attempting was THAT horrible imo that they receive that harsh treatment. I know competition is good, that is exactly the reason why I want another competitor to take MS's place.

And anyways, it's never fair when people lose jobs (aside from obviously something they did themselves), but those are the facts of life. Company does bad, company fails, company closes, people lose jobs. Another company rises up in its place, some of those people get jobs there, the rest find them elsewhere. Also, MS as a whole isn't being closed in this instance, just that they're going out of the console gaming industry.

And yeah, a slow death would actually be better, as the transition out of the industry would be more gradual, and the employees that work in those departments would know to start looking for jobs elsewhere.

nib95

Banned
MS announces: "we will launch Xbox One globally (in 13 countries) on November 22nd".

few hours later, Sony has their conference

"We will launch PS4 globally (like, properly globally - even Poland) on the 25th......of October"

Lol. I just want a release date. Ideally earlier rather than later.

i do not have much faith in this show when it comes to PS4. i believe they will focus a little bit more on PS VIta.

From their Facebook

untitledcdssp.png

With the buzz around PlayStation 4 building, 2013 continues to be one of the most exciting years ever for video games fans. A host of next generation titles were unveiled at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 and E3 2013. At gamescom in August 2013 the focus will be on PS4 and its games line-up once again.

I am pretty excited about what there is still to announce.

I mean, my expectations are in check completely. But there's no denying there will be at least one new announcement.

And in the very least we'll get to see what Super Staurdust next gen looks like!

I would rather MS get their shit together and start turning the ship around before the release of the Xbox One. As a gaming community, we want MS to release a competitive product that people want to buy. Competition is good for the industry and it will keep Sony from getting complacent.

I don't understand why people want to see MS dig themselves a deeper hole. It isn't healthy for the industry.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You're mad at them for being anti-consumer but you say you want them to be more anti-consumer. Jesus.

I am pretty confident there will be good stuff for PS4 but please Sony, show some confidence in Vita.

The hardware is just too good to waste it.

Don't say this I've just bought one! :p

The Vita Megapack thing is a brilliant deal with 10 games, 8gb storage and console, for the price of the base Wifi model. So I'll have other GamesCOM experiences to get excited about.

They didn't force anything on you. The box isn't even out yet and they've taken feedback and fixed their stance on multiple issues. I'm not trying to defend their original stance, but the swiftness with which they've switched policies based on market feedback is absolutely astonishing, especially considering it took their competition a full year after launch to do similar things.

Edit: I don't mean to derail. Back on topic: I hope we see some Order 1886 game play and some of what MM is making. User created content is my jam. Project Spark and MM project and I'll be entertained until Titanfall and Destiny next year.

Pojo_King

Neo Member
Everything seems to indicate that Assassin's Creed 4 will launch with the Ps4. AC4 comes out on October 29th. If the PS4 does launch then, I find it interesting then that they are selling launch editions of Ps4 with Watch_Dogs in some bundles. As far as I know that game is scheduled for November 19th. I don't think Ubi will release both on the same day. I am thinking the 19th of November seems like the most likely Ps4 release date. Just some speculation.

harSon

Banned

The worst Microsoft does this generation, the less you're going to like Sony towards the end of this generation and leading into the next. Competition from Microsoft and Nintendo is the reason you like the current incarnation of Sony, and if you remove that competition, they're going to become egotistical and complacient like all multi-billion dollar companies become when nursing a disproportionate lead. I personally hope all three do well for this very reason.

As for Gamescom, I've said it before, but I would love for Sony to bring back franchises like Medievil and Syphon Filter back to consoles. Those were some of my favorite games on the Playstation 1, and it's heartbreaking that they've been put on the backburner for the last 10+ years :(

winjet81

Getting ready for more disappointment from the Vita side of things. I think it's realistic to expect a couple of small indie announcements, obvious announcements pertaining to UGA2 and/or GR2 and firmware information relating to cross-platform functionality with PS4.

Otherwise, I fear the same old news on the software font; how many big titles has Sony announced for the system since Killzone and Tearaway were formally announced last Gamescom... zero?

Sadly, if this is the bulk of Sony's first party support in the past year, it's little wonder that third parties have completely given up.

Kuro

Getting ready for more disappointment from the Vita side of things. I think it's realistic to expect a couple of small indie announcements, obvious announcements pertaining to UGA2 and/or GR2 and firmware information relating to cross-platform functionality with PS4.

Otherwise, I fear the same old news on the software font; how many big titles has Sony announced for the system since Killzone and Tearaway were formally announced last Gamescom... zero?

Sadly, if this is the bulk of Sony's first party support in the past year, it's little wonder that third parties have completely given up.

Freedom Wars is a big title that wasn't announced last Gamescom. So that's one... at least.

JP

Have Sony announced whether they'll be streaming this yet?

Wouldn't mind watching it, hopefully we get to see some brand new PS4 stuff as well as some more gameplay from the games that have already been announced.

we'll probably see Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer at Gamescom right... if so will it be shown at the press conference or like last year will we see some extra trailers after the live stream

Top Bottom