• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

NR1
Member
(07-27-2013, 03:19 AM)
I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

At the E3 demo events at Best Buy, there were flyers at the demo station that listed all the games as $59.99 (Mario Worlds, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and WInd Waker). Since that was an official Nintendo event, I would imagine that wasn't a speculation price on Best Buy's part, but rather what Nintendo intends to sell those games for. $49.99 is a great deal seeing as Nintendo games rarely drop in price; primarily Mario and Zelda games at that.
HeySeuss
Member
(07-27-2013, 03:42 AM)
HeySeuss's Avatar
20 bucks too much.
tiny raptor
Member
(07-27-2013, 03:45 AM)
tiny raptor's Avatar

Originally Posted by NR1

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

At the E3 demo events at Best Buy, there were flyers at the demo station that listed all the games as $59.99 (Mario Worlds, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and WInd Waker). Since that was an official Nintendo event, I would imagine that wasn't a speculation price on Best Buy's part, but rather what Nintendo intends to sell those games for. $49.99 is a great deal seeing as Nintendo games rarely drop in price; primarily Mario and Zelda games at that.

Good catch. I remember just yesterday (really...it was literally just yesterday) the price being $59.99.

I wonder if Nintendo lowered the MSRP, considering it's just a remake.
DIrtyWeasel
Member
(07-27-2013, 03:48 AM)
DIrtyWeasel's Avatar

Originally Posted by NR1

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered it just in case the price goes back up.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(07-27-2013, 03:59 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by NR1

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

Pretty sweet deal.
Templar Wizard
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:06 AM)
Templar Wizard's Avatar
What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(07-27-2013, 04:07 AM)
Relix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Templar Wizard

What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.

Your loss! *preordered*
Tripon
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:07 AM)
Tripon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Templar Wizard

What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.

You can wait 5 years and hope that it does.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(07-27-2013, 04:10 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Templar Wizard

What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.

This has more work done to it than most HD remixes right? I mean, even the bare bones ones are 20 bucks, I thought.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(07-27-2013, 04:11 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar
Its 30 used at gamestop on gamecube

http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/20497

This is pretty good regarding all of its upgrades and such.
Zeer0id
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:12 AM)
Zeer0id's Avatar
I was hoping for $39.99, but $49.99 seems about right, given Nintendo tax.

Quite likely this is the MSRP.

Originally Posted by abstract alien

This has more work done to it than most HD remixes right? I mean, even the bare bones ones are 20 bucks, I thought.

Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.
jett
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:13 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

Pretty sweet deal.

Sweet deal? What?
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(07-27-2013, 04:15 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zeer0id

I was hoping for $39.99, but $49.99 seems about right, given Nintendo tax.

Quite likely this is the MSRP.



Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.

Yea paying 40$ retail for SH collection the 50$ for this seems more than worth it.
Drago
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:15 AM)
Drago's Avatar
$50 is too high, relative to basically every single other HD remake (and the $40 ones included multiple games)

Should be $40 max. Still, this was always going to be a rental for me so whatever.
rockx4
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:15 AM)
rockx4's Avatar

Originally Posted by NR1

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

At the E3 demo events at Best Buy, there were flyers at the demo station that listed all the games as $59.99 (Mario Worlds, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and WInd Waker). Since that was an official Nintendo event, I would imagine that wasn't a speculation price on Best Buy's part, but rather what Nintendo intends to sell those games for. $49.99 is a great deal seeing as Nintendo games rarely drop in price; primarily Mario and Zelda games at that.

It needs to go down about $10 more. Better than $59.99 but not by much for an HD remaster.
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(07-27-2013, 04:16 AM)
borghe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Templar Wizard

What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.

The only other remake anywhere near this scale was, well.. REmake. And that was full price when released. Expecting it to be priced the same as other remakes that just up the resolution and add some AA and filtering is idiotic.

Originally Posted by rockx4

It needs to go down about $10 more. Better than $59.99 but not by much for an HD remaster.

Originally Posted by Drago

$50 is too high, relative to basically every single other HD remake (and the $40 ones included multiple games)

Read up on the game. Redone art assets, textures, shaders, etc on top of the technical improvements. This is far more rework than "every single other HD remake".
Last edited by borghe; 07-27-2013 at 04:19 AM.
tiggerkiddo
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:16 AM)
tiggerkiddo's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

This has more work done to it than most HD remixes right? I mean, even the bare bones ones are 20 bucks, I thought.

Usually 30...it's probably worth 30-40 at most.
Seda
the worst pokemon
(07-27-2013, 04:20 AM)
Seda's Avatar
New news. New thread.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(07-27-2013, 04:21 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Sweet deal? What?

- One of the most popular Zelda titles.

- Actual reworking done the the mechanics and design.

- More than just basic resolution upgrades

- A few new things

- Nintendo

Yeah, I expected $60. Have you seen their VC prices? Why would they only charge a slightly doubled price when they have to worry about packaging and whatnot on top of actually improving the game? Genuinely asking.
Spring-Loaded
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:22 AM)
Spring-Loaded's Avatar
dat price

Anyone here bothered by the use of "dat" on GAF?
hamchan
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:23 AM)
hamchan's Avatar
Yeah I think it's too expensive.

$20-$30 would be a better price for a HD remaster with some changes.
HawthorneKitty
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:27 AM)
HawthorneKitty's Avatar

Originally Posted by hamchan

Yeah I think it's too expensive.

$20-$30 would be a better price for a HD remaster with some changes.

How about a HD remaster with no changes?
metalslimer
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:27 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar
30 dollars is what it should be as the changes arent that substantial and 40 is the max i would expect for a 1 game hd "remake". Its not worth over double the price of regular hd remakes for what they did. This is in no way a good deal especially when the game looks mediocre anyway
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(07-27-2013, 04:28 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar
Wow I think my post didn't send when this got split :( guess ill post it again.
I think people fail to realize that this is an actual remake and not just a remaster being called a remake for PR's sake which now that I think about it, it makes this even more awesome as this game is 1080p, some remasters don't even go up to full HD
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(07-27-2013, 04:28 AM)
EatinOlives's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zeer0id

Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.

Aren't most HD remakes over $30 during the PS360 generation compilations of several games? This is just the one game.
Persona7
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:28 AM)
Persona7's Avatar
Overpriced for a single upgraded port even if it does have a few changes.

Originally Posted by Zeer0id

I was hoping for $39.99, but $49.99 seems about right, given Nintendo tax.

Quite likely this is the MSRP.



Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.

Not compared to other HD version compilations, are you trolling?

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

Wow I think my post didn't send when this got split :( guess ill post it again.
I think people fail to realize that this is an actual remake and not just a remaster being called a remake for PR's sake which now that I think about it, it makes this even more awesome as this game is 1080p, some remasters don't even go up to full HD

Proof?
Last edited by Persona7; 07-27-2013 at 04:30 AM.
metalslimer
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:29 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by EatinOlives

Aren't most HD remakes over $30 during the PS360 generation compilations of several games? This is just the one game.

Yep, FFX+X-2 HD is cheaper than this

Also im very hesitant to say this is any way a remake when other hd ports also redid portions of the entire code.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(07-27-2013, 04:30 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by Persona7

Overpriced for a single upgraded port even if it does have a few changes.



Proof?

I point you to borghe's post
BumbleChump
Junior Member
(07-27-2013, 04:31 AM)
BumbleChump's Avatar
I just found the gamecube version today for $1.50 at the Salvation Army.

Make it $1.49 or less and I'll buy it, Nintendo.
amr
Banned
(07-27-2013, 04:32 AM)
Honestly, I expected $60, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I guess I'm out of touch. Although I also didn't expect Diablo III to be $40, which lots of people on GAF did.
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(07-27-2013, 04:32 AM)
Dragonzord's Avatar
Knew they'd charge way too much from the beginning. It's Nintendo. Hopefully this bites them in the ass.
Evenflow
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:34 AM)
Quick ebay sold search, it goes for $35-$45 used on Gamecube easy.

I think the gamepad item management and map plus off tv play make this more than worth it, it's not a quick port. Not to mention the widescreen + HD
rockx4
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:34 AM)
rockx4's Avatar

Originally Posted by metalslimer

Yep, FFX+X-2 HD is cheaper than this

Also im very hesitant to say this is any way a remake when other hd ports also redid portions of the entire code.

Pretty much this, I look at the FFX+X-2 HD pack and it makes this look insanely expensive. I don't see how WWHD is a remake at all, isn't it 30fps because of it's using the animations from the GC version? It looks like all they did was up the resolution, add bloom, tweak some gameplay mechanics and added some new textures. It looks great, but it's definitely not a remake. It's as much of a remake as FFX HD.
TheBaronOfNA
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:34 AM)
TheBaronOfNA's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

- One of the most popular Zelda titles.

- Actual reworking done the the mechanics and design.

- More than just basic resolution upgrades

- A few new things

- Nintendo

Yeah, I expected $60. Have you seen their VC prices? Why would they only charge a slightly doubled price when they have to worry about packaging and whatnot on top of actually improving the game? Genuinely asking.

Because HD Collections were doing it for less. And, no, Nintendo is not a 'new feature'.
Yawnier
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:34 AM)
Yawnier's Avatar
I feel that around $30 - $40 would be perfect.
silkysmooth
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:35 AM)
silkysmooth's Avatar
You can barely even find the Gamecube version of this game used for less than $40. There are tons of things to bash Nintendo for and this is definitely not one of them.
RPG
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:35 AM)
RPG's Avatar
Sweet, a nice little discount on my Amazon gold-box preorder. Extra cash is always welcome.
prwxv3
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:36 AM)
prwxv3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yawnier

I feel that around $30 - $40 would be perfect.

This would have been good for me 50-60 is way too much. It would have been fine if they slipped in SS or TP with it.
metalslimer
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:36 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by silkysmooth

You can barely even find the Gamecube version of this game used for less than $40. There are tons of things to bash Nintendo for and this is definitely not one of them.

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay. And no this is not the biggest deal ever as it will probably drop in price later
nhlducks35
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:37 AM)
nhlducks35's Avatar
Not that surprising, considering Ocarina of Time 3D was $40.
silkysmooth
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:37 AM)
silkysmooth's Avatar

Originally Posted by metalslimer

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay

Ok. People can wait until the game is $30 to buy if they feel that strongly about it. Good luck playing through the game in 2018.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(07-27-2013, 04:37 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

Because HD Collections were doing it for less. And, no, Nintendo is not a 'new feature'.

Where did I say "Nintendo" was a new feature? I listed reasons why I never expected it to be cheap.
hamchan
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by metalslimer

Yep, FFX+X-2 HD is cheaper than this

Also im very hesitant to say this is any way a remake when other hd ports also redid portions of the entire code.

$20 each for FFX and X-2 really is a good price considering how the work put into it.
TheBaronOfNA
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
TheBaronOfNA's Avatar

Originally Posted by silkysmooth

You can barely even find the Gamecube version of this game used for less than $40. There are tons of things to bash Nintendo for and this is definitely not one of them.

They are at that price precisely because there has not been another realease in another hardware.

Have you looked the price of ZOE2 before its HD Release?
GulAtiCa
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
GulAtiCa's Avatar
OOT 3D and Starfox 64 3D got released at full price. This is not surprising to me. I always expected it to be around this price
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
Dragonzord's Avatar

Originally Posted by silkysmooth

Ok. People can wait until the game is $30 to buy if they feel that strongly about it. Good luck playing through the game in 2018.

Will people even remember the Wii U in 2018? In 2015?
truestatic
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
truestatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

Because HD Collections were doing it for less. And, no, Nintendo is not a 'new feature'.

He wasn't listing 'new features,' and how often do HD Collections do more than bump up the resolution?
metalslimer
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
metalslimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by silkysmooth

Ok. People can wait until the game is $30 to buy if they feel that strongly about it. Good luck playing through the game in 2018.

With the way wiiu is selling, it might be on discount by early next year so i can wait.

He wasn't listing 'new features,' and how often do HD Collections do more than bump up the resolution?

Actually many times a shit ton of work goes in these hd ports. There is no hd port button
Murrah
Member
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
Murrah's Avatar

Originally Posted by rockx4

Pretty much this, I look at the FFX+X-2 HD pack and it makes this look insanely expensive. I don't see how WWHD is a remake at all, isn't it 30fps because of it's using the animations from the GC version? It looks like all they did was up the resolution, add bloom, tweak some gameplay mechanics and added some new textures. It looks great, but it's definitely not a remake. It's as much of a remake as FFX HD.

Could've sworn this was confirmed to be 60fps but I guess I might be thinking of A Link Between Worlds. Not that that justifies the pricing either way

But yeah, despite being someone who loves Windwaker and is content starved on the Wii U this was probably always gonna be the one Nintendo title that I was probably passing on for the backhalf unless they're hiding some major new content
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(07-27-2013, 04:38 AM)
EatinOlives's Avatar

Originally Posted by metalslimer

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay. And no this is not the biggest deal ever as it will probably drop in price later

I guess it would've been OK for Earthbound on VC to release at $100, since it goes for $170+ on eBay...

Thread Tools