• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

0JVYj0t.jpg

Pendulum

Looking forward to the song with LE
pls don't be shit

----

Orange Caramel Preparing to Make Surprise Comeback in August
On July 19, a music industry representative told Star News, “Orange Caramel will release a new single album and begin promotions this August.” It has been about five months since the sub-unit made a comeback with “Catallena” earlier this year in March.
1/3 the number of After School members, 3x the promotions.

----
Erineeeee said:

ramyeon

Advert for Korea's Next Top model, but I won't complain.
Well yeah and no. It's promoting the show for sure, but it's still a legit video. Directed by Digipedi too, probably one of the best creative teams doing Kpop videos at the moment imo. Loved their collaboration work with Jinbo and recently they put out some great stuff including Catallena, Kim Yerim's "Goodbye 20", Cherry Filter's comeback video, Mr Chu and that cool video for Wings' "Hair Short" among others. Their visual style is great. Always colourful and interesting.

Actually pretty much every kpop video I've liked over the past year or so has been directed by them.

Pendulum

Well yeah and no. It's promoting the show for sure, but it's still a legit video.

Yeah, legit video, but quite possibly paid for in large by Top Model (considering the lack of promotion for this Beenzino mini) which was kinda my point. Doesn't take anything away from its quality.

-----

More pics found. Omo.

Cardiac arrest with Erin said:

ramyeon

Yeah, legit video, but quite possibly paid for in large by Top Model (considering the lack of promotion for this Beenzino mini) which was kinda my point. Doesn't take anything away from its quality.
Oh yeah, well nothing new there. I don't think Beenzino has ever put out a music video for his own songs before.

Pendulum

Oh yeah, well nothing new there. I don't think Beenzino has ever put out a music video for his own songs before.

Come to think of it, true. He's been in so many "ft." videos that I just assumed he'd done some himself and this seemed a minimal promotion release. Can't remember any hype about 24:26 beforehand. Not his style, I guess.

Someone really needs to update a wiki on him so as to keep track of his collab/"ft." discography.

Anyone know what the current wait time is for KBS to sub a Happy Together episode once aired? (ie 2 weeks? 3?)

Looks like around 3 weeks basing youtube post dates against the website:

Anchor Special with Jo Ujong, Jo Hangri, Ga Aeran & more! (2014.07.17)
20140626 352 아나운서 편(1)

so aired 6/26 put on YT 7/17

Suzi & Fei of Miss A, Eunji of A Pink, & Minah of Girl's Day! (2013.12.04)
20131114 325 걸그룹과 삼촌팬특집 (1)

Aired 11/14/13 put on YT 12/4/13

Just some random examples didnt do it for a large sample size

ramyeon

luso

I hope this survey is accurate as much is possible when any anonymous can participate.
In any case, thanks for all the responses.

I'm a Lurker, But That's OK

70C5ezP.png

OTHER:

before people stopped reposting fiddle that stuff would google back to gaf
I don't remember.
Knew the TL thread, figured GAF would have one too.
Know of the thread since OT2
I felt a strange mixture of shame...
I lurked the Team liquid Kpop thread, got linked here, never looked back.
"I did a deep research to find out the best place to talk about k-pop in an adult and serious manner." <- This is what vanty & dice actually believe lmao.
Lurked the Team liquid thread and one of the posters linked to the gaf thread and the gaf thread is just 10x better
Was looking for the KPop community on NeoGAF when I was listening to KPop often.
saw other communites, wondered if there was one for kpop
dont actually remember, probably googling

Team Liquid represented.
Gangnam Style did nothing to attract lurkers, it seems.
And that SNSD's Genie post back to 2010, 4 years ago!.

yT6Hajn.png

OTHER:
I just look at the pictures
I feel like my opinions are always matched, and therefore irrelevant.
when I come of age
Don't need no words to lookit dem pretty pictures
I would if i had a work email

Don't be shy, people :p

1lZOMlX.png

OTHER:
I actually look at more than just the pictures
For the controversies (and pics)
Nice to know!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Ladies' Code needs more love
Not a first, but LC stans are rare, welcome.

fuck you guys
Thanks, mate, I take it as a compliment.

Thank you Agent Chris for the Taeyang posts! Love that man.
Agent Chris, you know what to do.

hello, /hr/ is lurking here
This is new. Where I can find it?
Never feel like i have or would have anything useful to contribute or say so never felt the need to join. Will continue lurking for many more OT's
Stil,l I expect a post from yours some day.

The only noteworthy members from SNSD are Sunny, Taeyeon, Jessica and Tiffany
This could start wars.

Yura = Minah > Sojin = Hyeri
This too!

More Bestie, always more Bestie.
MOTHERFUCKING BESTie
Bestie has a lot of fans!

What do I gotta do for dokish to get a perma? Rito pls.
lol

I secretly use kpop idol images when play testing games.
It would be interesting to know which games...

Apink life
And Apink should change to an sexy concept.

SNSD ranking: Sunny > everybody else I didn't know anything about k-pop when I found the thread. Nine Muses became my gateway drug. Immediately fell in love. An unfortunately brief affair now that the era of Sera is over, but thanks to the thread I'm slowly branching out and discovering a lot of great stuff (e.g. I'm also a Neon Bunny fan now).
Sunny one of the greatest. Neon Bunny fans!

More Dahye. More Seohyun.
Good choices.

It takes to long to get an account authorised on Gaf
Waiting is a virtue.

Hi. free dokish
Keep up the high quality pics, especially f(x). Hyoyeon is bad. Don't get banned again dokish
Even Dokish have fans.

Started lurking three years ago. Got hooked to all things Korean. Just a month ago flew to the other side of the world to spend a vacation in Seoul. Look what you have done to me!
People, we did really had impact on someone's life. I hope for the better. With great power comes great responsibility.

I've always wanted to join but I can never do so because the emails I use to register aren't accepted :(
Get a job and then a corporate email :p

dokish

Banned
Wait, who are those people? Haha.

I have lots of pictures to share, but sadly I'm stuck with my smartphone and iPad. It will take me a while to share more korean women.

However one friend lend me his Go Pro, I can upload to YouTube videos. Soon I will show why the summer here is amazing.

... Soon.

milkham

Wait, who are those people? Haha.

I have lots of pictures to share, but sadly I'm stuck with my smartphone and iPad. It will take me a while to share more korean women.

However one friend lend me his Go Pro, I can upload to YouTube videos. Soon I will show why the summer here is amazing.

... Soon.

can't wait doke!

Pendulum

Looks like around 3 weeks basing youtube post dates against the website:

Cheers. 3 weeks until Jiyeon then. Speaking of which....

This is new. Where I can find it?
/hr/ board at 4chan I assume. First page is K-Pop pics and fake celebrity nudes.

And 33% of respondents have replied once or twice but no more? How'd we scare you people off? :/

Posting those fan club responses won't stop your next ban, dokish. :p

I thought we would have lost a lot since we transferred so much pic spam to tumblr, but some people actually like our random chatting about kpop?
I wonder since a lot of the pic spam is kept on tumblrs, whether some links in OT6 might be worthwhile for newcomers and those that haven't bookmarked. Up to the OP/tumblr owners I guess.

----

Edit: New Ryutube - Thousand Miles

----

----

Hyosung performs hypnosis

ultra7k

another lurker who has posted once or twice checking in again. the survey has boosted my courage...

Thanks to this thread, I found out about BESTIe....what a group. They definitely need more love.

Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but has anyone noticed that Rainbow's Jae Kyung hashtags herself?

Every single one of her posts on instagram or twitter has #jaekyung. I find it hilarious.

Like J Rabbit? Like Neon Bunny?

[ENG] Live Music Performance Nanjang Ep01 J Rabbit/Lucite Rabbit/Glowing Rabbit [50min, 58sec]

Direct: https://cdn.mediacru.sh/CxPCfmu-YISY.mp4
(^webm-like embed for those with plugs)

Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but has anyone noticed that Rainbow's Jae Kyung hashtags herself?

Every single one of her posts on instagram or twitter has #jaekyung. I find it hilarious.
Easy self-promo, and for search/discovery purposes for fans when your music agency is shite.

Someone wore that dress before... was it Jessica?
It doesn't matter who wore it.

Woohee wore it best.

Page nearly over? Load once.
Technical difficulties, so ill-formatted.

Ym1r

another lurker who has posted once or twice checking in again. the survey has boosted my courage...

Thanks to this thread, I found out about BESTIe....what a group. They definitely need more love.

hi don't be afraid of anybody but conceptor. you cant trust that guy.

also bestie is the best thing to happen the k-poop in the longest time.

broz0rs

Just realized how old this is... it's from 2012! I guess that explains why J Rabbit and Neon Bunny looked nervous as fnck on stage. Also I think I've had a little too much alcohol tonight, the fact that it was in SD 4:3 didn't catch on to me until I looked it up. -___-

But yeah, nervous giggles from J-Rabbit until about halfway through the set when they finally settled.

Lucite Rabbit, surely that's not their real name is it? Too ridiculous, but I kinda liked them. They need a ton of energy though, good songs but boring performance.

Now Neon Bunny, the DJ telling everyone to go closer, you can see her eyes awkwardly looking around the room, screwed up on the synth, and her hands... good lord, you can see the nervousness radiate from her arms. Kinda weird though, I've seen her other live perfs from this time and it's usually not that awkward. Maybe it was an off day?

Anyway, I still enjoyed it either way. So ignore my criticisms lol.

ramyeon

Neon Bunny's pretty much always nervous live. Has been every time I've gone to see her live too, it makes her between song commentary pretty awkward and cute. When I went to the shooting of her EBS Space live (Great set, it's on YouTube and the camera zooms in on me several times lol) her voice was shaking when she spoke lol and she kept fiddling around with this little piece of paper she wrote down what to say on.

And yeah the Nanjang stuff is old, it's been up on their channel for ages too. Not sure why Arirang has started to upload now but their translators remain incompetent as always. "Glowing Rabbit"? Really? Lol

Also yes their name is Lucite Rabbit, well, Lucite Tokki in Korean.

llehuty

Damn dat Woohee megapost. Feist too good.

And yay that luso poll bringing the lurkers out (We bring lurkers out, we bring the lurkers out, b-bring the lurkers out)

tumblr_n8p2jgfBRu1rnk2vho1_1280.jpg

"For the album cover, it looks like I took a picture of f(x) running around the flower field. In truth, it was actually the members screaming and running away from a bug in that field. An intentional image came out when it was unintended for…That’s what this team is. f(x)."
- Min Heejin (SM Visual Art Director)

Lizzy and Kaeun asking for an After School comeback.

Top Bottom