• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary - Developer Diary - Multiplayer

Pachimari

I would surely like a beta code if anyone have a spare EU one. And the game looks great, can't wait to try out the multiplayer. :)

Just watched the video. Graphics are still impressive but I was hoping to see more "real-time" gameplay (i.e. more than 5 seconds at a time) so we could get a better feel for how the multiplayer matches play out. I'm sure we'll see something soon, though.

Dawg

Are keys already gone or still being sent?

I have a 3G Vita... that should grant me instant access.

That sucks I missed out. If anyone has a US beta code and doesnt want it, may I have it please? :) I can also trade for a copy of Super Stardust Delta for Vita. I have an extra code for the full game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks damn good but the framerate is pretty sketchy in that video.

Valor card system sounds awesome. Really neat idea. I'd love to see other games do something like that.

If only Declassified would have gotten the same amount of care Vita could be actually in better position right now.... Looks very solid.

If only Declassified would have gotten the same amount of care Vita could be actually in better position right now.... Looks very solid.

It really does make you wonder what a game of this quality with the Call of Duty name attached to it could have done for the Vita as a whole.

vala cards seem interesting... also loving the fact you can upgrade your MP profile through SP (as in get a gun in SP will have it in MP)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ADS on shotgun??? Dafuq?
It was like that in KZ3.

vala cards seem interesting... also loving the fact you can upgrade your MP profile through SP (as in get a gun in SP will have it in MP)
I wish more games did this. I'm mostly an SP guy but I feel like I would get into more MP games if I didn't have to be gimped from not playing as much online and not being as good as most.

i-Lo

GIF time yay (crafted with love and patience)!

merc_kz_1_by_gifsandmore-d6g1xzv.gif

merc_kz_2_by_gifsandmore-d6g1yj7.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

GIF time yay (crafted with love and patience)!

merc_kz_1_by_gifsandmore-d6g1xzv.gif

merc_kz_2_by_gifsandmore-d6g1yj7.gif

Keep em coming. Game looks so freaking amazing.

(Seriously without close inspection those could totally pass for KZ2 gifs half the time)

I lose myself in it, sometimes it feels as if I am playing a console game. The fidelity is so great and the gameplay so good.

i-Lo

(Seriously without close inspection those could totally pass for KZ2 gifs half the time)

I lose myself in it, sometimes it feels as if I am playing a console game. The fidelity is so great and the gameplay so good.

Agreed completely with the bolded part.

Thanks for the appreciation (dem hugs bro). Pertaining to keeping 'em comin', I will make the last one in some time. It takes quite a while to edit and compile these gifs and I feel like taking a break atm :D.

Not even close, but it is very impressive for a handheld.

ajumq8.gif

killzone5.gif

So, does it use Killzone 2 or 3 for its base gameplay?

It is a mix. It has a lot of the aspects of KZ3, but it isn't as "responsive" as KZ3. It feels nice a weighted. There are some new features just for the Vita that weren't in the other games as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It is a mix. It has a lot of the aspects of KZ3, but it isn't as "responsive" as KZ3. It feels nice a weighted. There are some new features just for the Vita that weren't in the other games as well.

Oh god that sounds perfect. I've been in a Killzone kind of mood lately and I'm almost tempted to get a Vita just for this game but that will eat my PS4 money.

man this reminds me of KZ2 so much...those beautiful memories of KZ2 MP *sniff*...looks really great!!

Is the MP under NDA? if not, give more impressions. What kind of MP modes are there? etc

man this reminds me of KZ2 so much...those beautiful memories of KZ2 MP *sniff*...looks really great!!

Is the MP under NDA? if not, give more impressions. What kind of MP modes are there? etc

The EULA doesn't really show or mention an NDA (hence my screens in the other two threads). I will type up my impressions in a little bit.

VanWinkle

Mercenary Warfare (free-for-all) and Warzone. The game has two maps right now:

Zenith

Press shot:
kzm_gi_mm_03.jpg

and Inlet

Press shot:
kzm_gi_mm_06.jpg

Miburou

I got to play the preview code of the single player campaign (2.4GB). Here are my impressions:

- graphics look really good and sharp, some nice effects, ground textures are great, but then textures on walls and metal doors can be pretty blurry.
- frame rate seems solid, but every now and then there's a brief pause, like it's loading something.
- you can turn off tilt aiming and sprinting with the rear touch panel, but you still need to swipe to take down guards and activate switches. You also use the touch screen to target drones with missiles.
- head shooting far away enemies is rather hard due to the screen size.
- you crouch with O, but you also run using O, by holding it and you can slide. Still not clear about it.
- objectives seemed rather dull and unoriginal; hack this, defend that, clear the landing area for the chopper to land.
- when you die, you get revived but lose some money. Didn't run out of money to see what happens (game over?)
- higher difficulty levels have higher rewards.
- weapons are your usual assault rifle, pistol and grenades, plus a sentry gun called marty's engine. You also get the missile launcher later.

Top Bottom