• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

zulux21

I want this killzone beta bad. Was taking a final when they were given away. Sucks man.

so.... just checking... am I the only one that doesn't give a crap about the killzone beta?
everyone else seems to be in it or wishes they were in it lol

Aytrial

Oh come on it isnt that bad! Slight dip in FPS versus they crisp, smooth graphics, NEAR identical to its big brother? Ill take it any day!

Ideally, it'd be great if they could preserve the beautiful graphics as well, but I'm the type of guy that prefers a sacrifice in graphics for smoother performance.

Beta is pretty cool. hope there is some sort of incentive.

also i'm from the future still july here!

Wouldn't that be the past? :p

Skyzard

Banned
Might be better to wait until the open beta just so we know for sure we can talk in detail about it. That being said, if somebody makes one, I'll post in it.

We can't talk about it? But it's so good!! Being a dick and using the 1 hit kill sniper :) mega reload though

You're in my game vanwinkle!!!!

I'm Skizoor

UnKO3aF.jpg

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
You should probably mention Divekick is cross buy and cross play. There's also a 2 player vs mode for Vita, player 1 holds the left side and player 2 holds the right.

so.... just checking... am I the only one that doesn't give a crap about the killzone beta?
everyone else seems to be in it or wishes they were in it lol

someone asked this in the last thread - there were a couple people who werent remotely interested.

though from just playing the beta MP a bit its definitely something every owner should experience...

I'd like to know if the game is as good/fun, as it looks?

KZ:M has really come across as stunning through media, and I've had my preorder paid off since it was pre-orderable, but I'd like to know if its any good...

...Pissed I missed the beta, but what can ya do, right?

By the way, I've missed the Vita muffins ^_^

Seems like Im set for this month, DC taking up most of my time until TWD Vita drops then followed by the KZ M beta. Once Aug is over, its KZ and AO Blackgate time!

You should probably mention Divekick is cross buy and cross play. There's also a 2 player vs mode for Vita, player 1 holds the left side and player 2 holds the right.

Thats neat, kinda like that addictive included mini game in LBP. The robo boxing one I mean.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Although it is not really my type of game, hopefully Killzone Mercenaries can perform well to prove that high-profile, high-production value games can find a comfortable home in Vita, so that more developers can find more confidence in developing for the platform.

I have my doubts, but hopefully, hopefully.

jwk94

Alright, Killzone is garbage. I CANNOT run this game on my Vita. It starts loading a match and then IMMEDIATELY crashed on me. Help?

Seems like Im set for this month, DC taking up most of my time until TWD Vita drops then followed by the KZ M beta. Once Aug is over, its KZ and AO Blackgate time!

Thats neat, kinda like that addictive included mini game in LBP. The robo boxing one I mean.

Forgot about TWD!

I've been wanting that to come out since forever ago. It's actually one of my most wanted Vita games. I'm curious as to whether it will only be PSN, or actual retail?

(Hopefully retail due to memory size constraints)

darkwing

KZ:M has really come across as stunning through media, and I've had my preorder paid off since it was pre-orderable, but I'd like to know if its any good...

yes, it looks stunning as the gifs, SP progress carries over to the MP etc.

so far i've had a lot of fun in it and 1. im not a huge FPS fan and 2. i've never played a killzone ( maybe briefly played 3 for a level). im not sure what other killzone MP is like, but i think this will have an intimidating learning curve as you can get killed super easily ( hoping they fix respawns right now) , controls take a little getting used to, etc. The 8 player limit actually feels pretty big and full. And oh god it is so sweet to run and slide. i don't think i ahve to say it but god damn this game is GORGEOUS. i actually stopped mid game to stare at some smoke. i say ive play about 7-10 MP matches. once i was dropped to a latency error? and another drop was for some legit beta bug that i reported. other than that the matches and online have been flawless. the framerate has been oh so sexy... and hot damn its nice to melee stab/slit.

theres no SP in this beta is there?? for some reason mines locked....

Blue-kun

New Junior reporting for Vita goodness. Looking forward to getting Dragon's Crown in a few days. Friend bought the JP one and keeps telling me how he's in love with the game, so I'm pretty sure I'll be having some good times soon-ish.

As for KZ though, not an avid FPS player, because I can't seem to not go dizzy playing those, lol. But here's hoping an actual honest to good FPS game will help the system sell a bit more here in the west, because it totally needs a bump.

also if you play KZ i say turn of the motion aiming sensitivity to full, and the X/Y rotation sensitivity to about 3/4ish full. both seem slow by default.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh come on with that picture. That's just mean! Hahaha.

Haha to be fair, I didn't shoot as the round was just starting and I think you weren't ready yet, you move too quickly usually to get a screenshot!

Love this game. Feels really satisfying to play as sniper (my first unlock), not the easiest, nicely balanced.

nampad

Thanks for the new thread, your hard work is appreciated.

Also, last months wall of shame top 20:

wallofshamejulychr6s.png

edit: Sorry EsotericManiac for highlighting him before ;)

zulux21

Thanks for the new thread, your hard work is appreciated.

Also, last months wall of shame top 20:

http://abload.de/img/wallofshamejulyzfp84.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

bwa ha ha ha ha I am not even on it (i likely haven't been for the last few months)

stupid job keeping me from this thread :P

Takao

Banned
£2.30 - $2.99 and it's really fun. Simple, but pretty addictive. Plus Tim Rodgers is awesome and needs rent money.

With a PSM release he'd be lucky to get lunch money.

I think it probably sold well enough to warrant another entry. I mean - if Ubisoft can support the Wii U they can support Vita right?

Except Ubisoft has already said they're done with Wii U exclusives outside of shovelware trash.

We won't be sure until Vanillaware themselves say - or TGS if Sony wants to boast about some decent Vita software sales.

The future is slightly rosier Vitabros - we are a software buying machine.

Doesn't really matter if the game's from a company who hasn't announced a game for Vita since 2011 despite said game being a pretty big success.

I feel like a prodigal son, coming back to the Vita thread. I didn't post at all in the July one, but spent a ton of time in the Steam Summer Sale threads. That was fun and all, but Dragon's Crown and Divekick have brought me back. Sweet Fuse looks amazing too.

With a PSM release he'd be lucky to get lunch money.
Cruel but bitter truth.

Except Ubisoft has already said they're done with Wii U exclusives outside of shovelware trash.
Ubisoft are pretty happy with their sales on VITA evident by them releasing Rayman Legends and even the CEO himself acknowledged that AC sold pretty well. Not to mention he also hinted at another AC game for VITA.

Top Bottom