• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

deimian86

Banned
How its better then Ragnarok Odyssey? I read that it was meh and boring. Does this update fix gameplay?

Maybe I'm an exception but I prefer Ragnarok Odyssey than Soul Sacrifice, and I'm very excited about this update version.

TOP PAGE:

Buy Dokuro, Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted trading card game (it's funny).

Maybe I'm an exception but I prefer Ragnarok Odyssey than Soul Sacrifice, and I'm very excited about this update version.

I prefer Soul Sacrifice but I really liked RO when played online. If it was offline only like at release in Japan I dont think I would have played it that much as it actually felt like an online game after a certain time. But the online was really fun and I platted it and got 75 hours out of it.

Im 22 hours into Soul Sacrifice and have only played 2 online games so far and havnt finished what I want to do solo yet. Hoping I get a lot out of the online in this one.

I dont think RO Ace will add enough for me to rebuy and get back into it though.

Moobabe

Thanks for the new thread, your hard work is appreciated.

Also, last months wall of shame top 20:

wallofshamejulychr6s.png

edit: Sorry EsotericManiac for highlighting him before ;)

My first ever wall of shame - worth it

Tsunamo

I ended up getting a Killzone beta code from a Aussie forum I regular on, hooray!
In the off chance I get another one (by properly getting into the beta) I'll give it to someone on VitaGAF
Seems like that upcoming Asian Vita release of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 with English subtitles was just a mistake from Play-Asia. The listing has been removed. :(
That's a shame, I was looking forward to playing it on Vita in English :(

Shinriji

Dragon's Crown, Spelunky and Divekick this month for me. And Gamescom as well. Fun times.

Hopefully I will get the plat from P4G till then (damn you, Risette).

CoD: Declassified isn't as bad as most reviews want you to believe. It is more in the 5-6/10 range of scores, in other words mediocre at best.
The singleplayer is laughable short and can be finished in under an hour. Gameplay and presentation resemble a CoD, although the latter suffers from the lack of budget compared to the real thing. The short campaign was still enjoyable.

The multiplayer resembles CoD multiplayer rather well. If you are a fan of the series, you should be able to enjoy it.

I gave it a 5.5 when I reviewed it. :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I know that everyone is excited about killzone, but i'm posting impressions on superfrog hd:

-Characters are very well animated, the graphics of the first world is awesome, while the one of the second world is just good, anyway the game is way better than the screens released long time ago.

-there are 48 levels, 24 new(inspired to the original but different) and 24 original levels, the original levels are the levels of the original amiga game, they are big, have the awesome original musics and you need to get a certain amount of money to open the exit, the new ones instead are HUGE, have new musics and you simply need to find the exit(but if you want to get the 3 stars score you need to get as many money and fruits as you can).
All levels are filled with (huge)secret passages and are non-linear.

-the green ball attack changed a lot, it was originally an "anti-air" enemies attack, the default attack was front-up and it was futile against ground enemies(if i remember correctly), now it's effective against all the enemies and the default attack is in front of you, making the game a little easier imo.

-there's an endless runner mode with limited time and time bonus, sadly the "portions" of levels are big and repeated, but it's good anyway.

-there's even a level editor!

-the original amiga opening was animated, while the one in the hd version is not lol!

-i would have preferred the original sound effects, but that's a matter of preferences i guess.

I'm still early in the game but i can already say that is a good remake(unlike alien breed) and an awesome platformer(especially in the original levels)

Shoyz

I spent my Killzone beginner luck running out of ammo in a circular room and managing to get like a five kill combo with a pistol inside it. Then I suffered in every game since..
(pistol is so underpowered)

For people that have the KZ beta, how do you run? Is it a button or on the rear touchpad?
Double tap and hold rear touchpad or tap circle while walking, which I prefer.
I have found myself liking the double tap (well, to be *that* guy, tap then tap & hold) better than tapping circle. I dunno. Might use the option to switch crouch and sprint. I've only successfully completed 2 matches, so my time with it isn't too great. I tried playing several more, but my connection must not have been too hot where I was, cause I kept dropping matches due to latency. Or the game hard crashed. It actually froze on me once, the game tho not the Vita. Sure was pretty to look at when it did freeze, at least.

I'm so addicted to God Eater right now. I remember when the game was first announced in Japan and thinking how stupid the concept was back then. Seriously, BFS that eat things? Trying a bit too hard there to pander to teenagers there.

One thing that I'm curious about though is how people that played MonHun and GE on the PSP could handle the camera. The game plays amazingly with the d-pad mapped to the right analog stick, though it is understandably a bit sensitive. I've heard about the "claw" technique, but I still can't believe that it would be comfortable for long periods of play.
After soloing about 200+ hours between MoHun Freedom & MoHun Freedom Unite, you learn to love the claw. OR you learn to turn your character in slightly different ways, so you can tap the camera reset button to be aiming exactly where you want it. Or both.

I've been wanting to jump into GE as well, but every time I try, I feel I should be playing MH3U instead, as I actually know people with it irl, and the 3ds can't use tunneling features like Ad Hoc Party sadly. Buuuut then I also remember that I haven't touched my 3ds in a while. Vita just has my attention on full lockdown.

QP3

Sweet August.

Is everyone still playing KZ:M beta? How long is it available?

Also, has there been any word on a Dragon's Crown demo?

crinale

I'm so addicted to God Eater right now. I remember when the game was first announced in Japan and thinking how stupid the concept was back then. Seriously, BFS that eat things? Trying a bit too hard there to pander to teenagers there.

One thing that I'm curious about though is how people that played MonHun and GE on the PSP could handle the camera. The game plays amazingly with the d-pad mapped to the right analog stick, though it is understandably a bit sensitive. I've heard about the "claw" technique, but I still can't believe that it would be comfortable for long periods of play.

Considering downloading the GE2 demo, but I can't be bothered to do another region switch so soon after finally being assed to move to an EU account. Hopefully it gets localised soon.

Back then no one was enjoying craw at all. It was just a compromise.
Well thank god Vita has right analog stick.
And as for bolded part, that's what makes God Eater a God Eater :D

Aytrial

Back then no one was enjoying craw at all. It was just a compromise.
Well thank god Vita has right analog stick.
And as for bolded part, that's what makes God Eater a God Eater :D

Since then I've come to enjoy ridiculous concepts, which is why I gave God Eater a shot.

Also, for those that have played Project X Zone, I liked the jab at the English title Soma (or Alisa) did. I laughed pretty hard at it even though only thing I knew at the time about GE was the title change.

Noi

Also, for those that have played Project X Zone, I liked the jab at the English title Soma (or Alisa) did. I laughed pretty hard at it even though only thing I knew at the time about GE was the title change.

Yup, that was amusing. PxZ is what got me to start playing my PS+ copy of GEB... which I'm now enjoying way more than PxZ. :v

Paskil

That new car thread smell. Sad I didn't get into beta. As of right now, I think my next Vita game is Tearaway (or Batman if good, what's the date on that?). I already have all the indies I need on Steam and my gaming budget is full through 3DS, PS3, PS4, and PC for now.

I'll need to play KZM before I even consider buying. Not really a huge FPS player. The last FPS I really got into was Perfect Dark, if that tells you anything.

Aytrial

Yup, that was amusing. PxZ is what got me to start playing my PS+ copy of GEB... which I'm now enjoying way more than PxZ. :v

Similar situation here. :v

Got sidetracked around Chapter 20 with Neptunia V since the gameplay in PxZ was starting to get repetitive. Now I'm sidetracked from Neptunia because of GE!

shink

I'll need to play KZM before I even consider buying. Not really a huge FPS player. The last FPS I really got into was Perfect Dark, if that tells you anything.

Same with me and especially on consoles (I prefer it on PC)
I don't think I even finished or got anywhere near completing Killzone 2.

heads up - there are supposed to be more KZM codes getting released today, if you already have a code you should still try to snag one, therefore you can give it out to some fellow gaffers!

and i was in the same boat as most of you not really loving FPSs, but this game should atleast be experienced whether through igc, demo, or beta. dont shun it because of killzone/fps/or multiplayer

Similar situation here. :v

Got sidetracked around Chapter 20 with Neptunia V since the gameplay in PxZ was starting to get repetitive. Now I'm sidetracked from Neptunia because of GE!

That's why i don't remove game card from Vita until i'm done with game.

No sidetracking that way :)

Courage

Nanako-chan is such a cockblocker. Here I am, eating out Yukiko's raw, boxed lunch and she interrupts us. The nerve.

shink

I just realised no PJ:M for Australia and NZ. =[
Ratings issue according to Dylan Cuthbert. Why we bother with a separate ratings board I don't know.

how does buying equipment work in KZ? I'm too nervous to spend all my hard earned casheesh on a wasted gun or one-time use item...

if i buy something is it unlocked forever? or if i buy a granade is it a one time use or one-time use per round?

any impressions what guns people are flocking to?

depending on the caliber of players in my matches the starting gun usually gets me in the top half of rankings. - love it's distance...

Skyzard

Banned
how does buying equipment work in KZ? I'm too nervous to spend all my hard earned casheesh on a wasted gun or one-time use item...

if i buy something is it unlocked forever? or if i buy a granade is it a one time use or one-time use per round?

depending on the caliber of players in my matches the starting gun usually gets me in the top half of rankings. - love it's distance...

unlocked forever (possibly until the end of the beta), 2 grenades per spawn if you buy them

Yep you own stuff 4ever once you purchase it.

and you're right it seems people are sticking to the default gun. Its insanely powerful, and when up against it with a different gun, I can never seem to win especially with one that isn't full auto.

Wrapped up my initial playthrough of Stealth Inc. Fun game and I will be going back to it to try for S rank and all the Helixes. Started on Dokuro and it is also very fun. I really should try to finish Muramasa before Dragon's Crown next week. Not sure what the rest of you have, but I got a ton of games to play on my 3DS, but I just like my Vita so much more.

DigitalOp

Banned
August Thread!! My lord, anybody feel like the year is whizzing by??

It'll be 2014 in 3 weeks sheesh.

Thanks for the thread Noi!

Now, Dragon's Crown Tuesday......... Hmmmm, Am I going Day 1?? I really want some info on this "slowdown" people are talking about. Is it massive? Is it just slight frameloss?

Spelunky would be cool this month. Still on Soul Sacrifice. I had to put aside P3P or else nothing else would be played lol (But it will be finished!!!). GoW: GoS during boredom. And Guacamelee for variety hour.

Im really trying to focus my playing time

Edit: And to those with the Killzone Beta, I hope you guys break a thumbstick :p JK!! Lol

Oh man, you can unlock levels from the original game in Superfrog HD (redone in the new graphics), and it plays the Amiga music in them and everything. Super rad.

heringer

When do we know what are the free games this month? With what frequency do sales occur? Just signed to PS+ a few days ago, so I don't really know.

You are one of the better reviewer then :)
Looking at the metascore of 33, I think many writers just gave it a lower score for being a Call of Duty and a Vita game.
But reviewers love Call of Duty. That's why it's always met with critical acclaim.

It was a pretty crummy game that managed to resemble COD decently. It will look like total shit when Killzone if finally out, though.

Noi

When do we know what are the free games this month? With what frequency do sales occur? Just signed to PS+ a few days ago, so I don't really know.

We should be getting news on this month's PS+ update/sales by the time next week's store update rolls around.

Do you mind me asking what other Vita games will be released before the year is over? And how much does FFX/X-2 HD cost on the Vita?

on the non-indie side of games off the top of my head:

FFX/X-2
Ys Celceta
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Killzone
Rayman Legends
Batman Blackgate

probably some other lower profile games as well.

heringer

We should be getting news on this month's PS+ update/sales by the time next week's store update rolls around.

Thanks! Which day is it, monday?

Also, do they reveal the sales that will take place for every week of the month?

Top Bottom