• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I just got a really uninformed response from Sega of America ...

dysonEA

So, I asked the question to NOA "is there a chance Bayonetta 1 will be ported to the Wii U". Their reply "Ask Sega, since Sega published it". So I asked Sega of America if I should go out and buy Bayo 1 on PS360 or if I should wait for a port for the Wii U since Bayo 2 is in the works. Here's their response:

Aug 12 15:17 (PDT):
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
The second Bayonetta as you well know is being published by Nintendo exclusively for the WiiU. Both games have been developed by Platinum games. That said, the decision on which version to purchase is really up to you. The games are exactly the same except the WiiU version has a two player mode and the Bayonetta character has different hair and her costume is different.
If those additional features are not important to you, then by all means don't hesitate to pick up the PS3 or Xbox version.
Good Luck and we hope you enjoy whatever version you decide on.
Have a nice day.
Regards,

Sega of America
Customer Support

So apparently, Bayo 2 is the same game just with multiplayer and the main character has shorter hair and a different costume ... Guess I got my answer.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
or...Bayo 2 confirmed on 360/PS3 next year :p

not really but wow that response is...wow.

So that's how some sega reps feel about Bayo2.

McDougles

...What? Reading comprehension!

They're talking about the different Bayonetta 1 versions, not Bayo 2.

What is this thread?

Edit: Either that, or they tipped their hand to a Wii U Bayonetta 1 port.

dat 2 player mode
lol
the game has a different story... why would they say this in the end if they got a new copy of the original game for ps360 Sega you still get the money -_- don't try to make your new games less appealing make them get both...

Edit: man my wording is confusing o_O

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
More bad news for Wii u. First the never ending Japanese heatwave of 2013, then pikmin 3 was outsold by tamagotchi handhelds unearthed from 12 years ago, now we learn the only new content in bayonetta 2 is her costume. It is all but confirmed wonderful 101 is getting downgraded to wonderful 75 too.

NateDrake

More bad news for Wii u. First the never ending Japanese heatwave of 2013, then pikmin 3 was outsold by tamagotchi handhelds unearthed from 12 years ago, now we learn the only new content in bayonetta 2 is her costume. It is all but confirmed wonderful 101 is getting downgraded to wonderful 75 too.

Nah. The Wonderful 50.5.

Roto13

Oh, I see, the only parts of the game funded by Nintendo are Bayonetta's hair and clothes and the multiplayer mode.

Sounds like an automated response.
As somebody who has worked in customer support, which included e-mail support, for a major console/game publisher, I can tell you right now that this is more than likely an actual uninformed or lacking in reading comprehension CS agent.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Platinum scamming Nintendo confirmed. Sega knows what Nintendon't. No wonder they cancelled the game in the first place.

daydream

Banned
Salty Customer Support?

IF they're serious (and that's a huge IF), I think it's more likely that they're talking about a Bayo 1 port with added multiplayer and Bayo 2 hair as a nod to the sequel being on WiiU.

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it. This supposed to be a Wii U version of bayonetta 1? Looks like it to me. Honestly I don't see the point but...

Top Bottom