• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Bringing 2D Fighting Game AquaPazza to North America

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1377107348-aquapazza.jpeg

Fight to the Finish in AquaPazza - 2D Fighting Game from ATLUS, AquaPlus and Examu

AquaPazza is a dream matchup that puts the characters from developer AquaPlus' previous titles, including Tears to Tiara, ToHeart and Utawarerumono, in a no-holds-barred fighting game. With a cast of 13 playable characters and 13 partners to choose from, and an additional hidden character, AquaPazza uses flashy combos, partner attacks, and deadly chains to keep competitive. Moreover, the Japanese voice track will be left completely intact. AquaPazza will be available for the PlayStation®3 at the special price of $29.99.

For the first time in North America, AquaPazza will be available in English, with the localization and publishing done by Atlus. The North American version of the game will feature all the content through the current Japanese arcade spec of AquaPazza, which includes several new characters and improvements for tournament-grade action.

AquaPazza features include

• Eclectic cast of characters: The combatants in AquaPazza are a diverse bunch - from the studious bookworm Manaka who --- no kidding --- attacks with a bookshelf to the lance-wielding, shield-carrying Sasara.

• Partner system: Players select from one of the thirteen partners to accompany them. Partners assist players as one of three classes with one of four different actions. Players get rewarded for aggressive play styles and the partners add an additional skill element to help break defensive play.

• Tournament-level competition: Developed by Examu and Aquaplus, AquaPazza has a strong backbone of fighting game mechanics with twitch response times and super attacks.

• Variety of gameplay modes: Each character has a storyline of their own, which unlocks the "another story" mode and an alternate ending. There's also a time-attack mode, training mode, and a gallery mode.

• Online play: Take to the internet to challenge players in ranked, unranked, and friends-only matches.

Available exclusively on the PlayStation 3, AquaPazza will be available beginning this holiday season.

1377107353-yuma.jpg

1377107342-camyu.jpg

1377107345-manaka.jpg

1377107338-octavia.jpg

1377107353-rathty.jpg

1377107354-satsuki.jpg

Avallon

Isn't this news hot on the heels of another less-than-well-known anime fighter coming over from Japan? What game was that? They just released a trailer on PSN, too.

xero273

Maybe they are referring to that one that just had the kickstarter? It's an older game that they are bringing out with enhancements? I forget the name.

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm. I don't know what platforms that is coming out on so didn't think about it.

Clov

This is pretty neat, I never expected it to come over. Great price too! I think I'll pick this up, even though the only characters I'm familiar with are from Utawarerumono.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Are you flippin' Dippin' serious. That is awesome I guess. Is it a digital or physical release? If it's digital, then there's no need for me to double dip/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Got the Import, will get this too! Manaka, we'll be droppin' bookcases on fools all days...

Isn't this news hot on the heels of another less-than-well-known anime fighter coming over from Japan? What game was that? They just released a trailer on PSN, too.

Chaos Code, coming out in early SEPT for $11.99.

Maybe they are referring to that one that just had the kickstarter? It's an older game that they are bringing out with enhancements? I forget the name.

The one you're thinking would be Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm. It has no planned console release yet, unless you count the 3DS Port made by Nicalis.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To copy/paste my reaction in the other thread, kind of surprised this made it over, & just in a few more months. Haven't watched or heard of the animes included, but fine by me. Might get me interested in watching/reading the stuff they originally came from. & $30 makes this a lot more tempting. Glad to see Atlus went with a low price. Now I just wonder if they'll do something like an OST pre-order bonus.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Utawarerumono and Tears to Tiara series have both been on Netflix Streaming, but not sure if there now. Don't know if To Heart ever has been placed anywhere for watching online...

I've also see both Comic Party Series (I think Revolution was on Instant Stream a while ago, too), and collected all it's official domestically released Manga...

It'll be nice to actually have some context to what's being said in the little story modes. And actually understand the endings. The game was pretty easy to understand overall (except for the online options, the base game options were all in English).

Bookshelves too stronk

I hope Minette from SG ends up with similarly silly animations and fighting style.

#TeamSadlife

Yeah, that was exactly my wish, and a good basis for the fantasy movesets I came up with for her (-_-;) When she is made, I want Manaka tribute colors!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A lenneth imposter? WTF.

Also from the To Heart series, but in a form ripped from a PSP RPG version of her. A pretty round-about way to get another "legit warrior" type into the game.

This color for Oboro always reminds me of Galford:
OboroN.gif

Slermy

Forgot I actually imported this. The JPN LE had a nice box.

I imported this as well, thinking it'd never get a US release. I've barely played it, though. Might double dip since the press release mentions additional content?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I imported this as well, thinking it'd never get a US release. I've barely played it, though. Might double dip since the press release mentions additional content?

I don't think it's mentioning any content that wasn't in the JP release. It got a patch not too long ago that was to improve netcode, and I assume it's also at the same patch state as the arcade release reached.

I played with a few importers, some US VS JP Netplay, and a lot of local matches with it, had to get those import dollars worth out of it!

Dammit, meh

I want UnderNight: In-Birth

tumblr_mm2we72SXS1s6y5nfo1_500.jpg

my hitboxes are ready

And getting this... would only helps UNiB's localization chances, so be happy!

French Bread has to actually get the game out on JP consoles first, I'd assume.

Top Bottom