• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play through Wind Waker HD on a First Person perspective

sofa

tumblr_mjaqag5Y2Y1qh7hnuo1_r2_400.gif

Oh God, my sides.

Sendou

Sounds like they nailed this. Taking pictures in Pikmin was so much fun and I can't think why it would be any different here. Hero Mode from start is great too.

Nerokis

Ahh, sounds great. I actually somehow never noticed the grappling hook animation was shortened, even though that was something I was consciously hoping for when I heard about the HD remaster.

Soodanim

Gold Member
After the initial screens of Wind Waker HD, I went on GameCube and bought a copy of the original. But now it seems that Nintendo actually want me to play this. I must resist. 3DS is a better purchase. I can always get one in a few years.

guek

Banned
Probably gonna be my goty. Kinda sad knowing that...but goddamn I love ww.

Is the soundtrack still midi?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE FIXED THIS!!
y8ew.png

His arm still goes through his shield....
how? would it really be that hard or are they being lazy.
this might be a small thing for most people but it annoys me massively.

Revven

Is the soundtrack still midi?

In the Gamespot video it sounds like it to me. I don't know why anyone would expect the soundtrack to change, especially when considering the battle music syncs to the action that's happening on-screen. They didn't change OoT3D's music they certainly aren't going to here.

Neiteio

So here's what has me interested:

- Potions to recover health in Hero Mode: Since there are no heart drops in Hero Mode, your only way of recovering HP is through the consumption of potions, and potions naturally have limited charges, just like the Estus Flask in Dark Souls. Since you will presumably have to buy potions, this also means rupees have more value now. And since you take double damage in Hero Mode, you'll actually need potions, and thus rupees.

- Photography and Miiverse: The Tingle Bottle washes up on random shorelines and contains Miiverse postings by fellow users, creating the sense of a living, breathing world... not unlike the bloodstains in Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Add to this the many ways to take photos -- Miiverse screenshots, first-person camera, and self-shot photos -- and more picture slots for the camera, and there will be many interesting Miiverse posts to wash up in the Tingle Bottles.

- Ease of navigation: The Swift Sale ramps up your speed, and you can turn freely without regard for wind direction. But if you want to sail normally, you can now use the touchscreen to change wind direction. The touchscreen will be fantastic for inventory, as well.

Those are the three main points I'm interested in. As for what I'm not sure about... The soft shadows, as indicated in the IGN write-up, and the excessive bloom. Hopefully it works well in action. Is this 1080p 60fps?

guek

Banned
In the Gamespot video it sounds like it to me. I don't know why anyone would expect the soundtrack to change, especially when considering the battle music syncs to the action that's happening on-screen. They didn't change OoT3D's music they certainly aren't going to here.
So close to perfection

Having witnessed someone playing the Best Buy demo, I can confirm they rearranged the Helmaroc King battle theme. I fail to see why they'd change it just for the demo.

So here's what has me interested:

- Potions to recover health in Hero Mode: Since there are no heart drops in Hero Mode, your only way of recovering HP is through the consumption of potions, and potions naturally have limited charges, just like the Estus Flask in Dark Souls. Since you will presumably have to buy potions, this also means rupees have more value now. And since you take double damage in Hero Mode, you'll actually need potions, and thus rupees.

- Photography and Miiverse: The Tingle Bottle washes up on random shorelines and contains Miiverse postings by fellow users, creating the sense of a living, breathing world... not unlike the bloodstains in Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Add to this the many ways to take photos -- Miiverse screenshots, first-person camera, and self-shot photos -- and more picture slots for the camera, and there will be many interesting Miiverse posts to wash up in the Tingle Bottles.

- Ease of navigation: The Swift Sale ramps up your speed, and you can turn freely without regard for wind direction. But if you want to sail normally, you can now use the touchscreen to change wind direction. The touchscreen will be fantastic for inventory, as well.

Those are the three main points I'm interested in. As for what I'm not sure about... The soft shadows, as indicated in the IGN write-up, and the excessive bloom. Hopefully it works well in action. Is this 1080p 60fps?
1080p 30 FPS

Revven

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
y8ew.png

It's animation related and since they're not redoing animations it's going unfixed. Not a big deal, it's barely noticeable in gameplay. If you notice it though then... you're SOL lol.

Mr-Joker

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
y8ew.png

Who cares?

No game is ever and will be 100% perfect.

Frodo

I started laughing out loud when I saw the selfies! Awesome stuff! This is going to spam Miiversee big way.

Very excited to grab this game. Wind Waker last battle is probably one of the most memorable moments in gaming ever. Top notch stuff.

Extra challenge is nice and all, but the most exciting implcation of this for me is the ability to skip cutscenes - if I recall correctly, that was Hero Mode only in Skyward Sword. This game could be speedrun-worthy yet!
Only prerecorded cutscenes were skippable in Skyward Sword Hero mode.

Revven

Having witnessed someone playing the Best Buy demo, I can confirm they rearranged the Helmaroc King battle theme. I fail to see why they'd change it just for the demo.

That's interesting. It was hard to really hear the music in the Gamespot video so I don't know, the music sounded the same to me. Maybe they only rearranged some tracks but not all?...

Top Bottom