• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "We're targeting 30fps"; working with MS to improve Dead Rising 3

Dat feel of 30fps.

Discussing the game's frame rate and performance with us earlier today, Leigh admitted that the team had "had many questions over the [game's] performance, which is understandable.

"This demo is actually several weeks old and we've made a lot of ground. We've got a little bit more ways to go before we release the game."

The demos of the game on display at both E3 and GamesCom have struggled to maintain a solid frame rate throughout their playthrough, appearing to slip well below 30FPS when high amounts of zombies appear on screen.

"We're targeting 30 frames a second," Leigh added, "and because we're based in Vancouver, and Seattle is where Microsoft is based, we're only three hours up the road so we constantly have tech people driving back and forth and they're helping us to make this a very smooth running game at launch."
Videogamer

DedValve

Banned
Their "targeting" 30 FPS?

At least if your targeting 60 you can fall back on 30, what the hell do you fall back if your targeting 30?

Wii Tank

The fact that they have to say "we're targeting 30 frames per second" worries me. Any game should have this as a minimum, not a target.

kewlmyc

Targeting? So they haven't reached the bare minimum yet?

I really want to like this game since it's the only reason I'm buying a Xbox One at launch.

The previous games were 30fps though weren't they.

Yeah they were excluding the pc versions. Crybabies gonna cry.

PG2G

I hope they get there, and I am glad that they are aware that the frame rate is currently an issue.

ethomaz

Banned
What do you get when you are targeting 30fps? That's the minimum framerate I expected from any game, Capcom.

Jawmuncher

Their "targeting" 30 FPS?

At least if your targeting 60 you can fall back on 30, what the hell do you fall back if your targeting 30?

That 15 frames per second.
This is terrible news from capcom. From a graphical stand point there's no reaso why 30fps isn't the current lock. Hopefully MS can fix what capcom can't.

30 fps is not "very smooth" it's a fucking slideshow.

0H1j8ns.gif

60fps is ideal but 30fps is far from a slideshow.

Targeting 30 FPS?

You should really be saying we will absolutely fucking hit 30 FPS.

30 FPS is fine to me but it isn't just a target. It's a minimum requirement.

big_z

A lot of games run unevenly around their target frame rate before final optimization but dr3 runs consistently poor beyond what the engine or hardware can handle. They need to delay the game if they can't get it up to par for launch.

I don't get it.

Weren't this originally in development for the 360?

How can you move up to next-gen, while still having a current-gen foundation ( graphics aren't highly impressive ), and still have frame-rate problem?

Top Bottom