• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters Online (it's a MOBA)

I searched and didn't find anything, GG if old.

It's being developed by Dragonfly and the closed beta is going to start on 4th September but only for Thailand's servers. There aren't much to say about it, I guess MOBA's are the new money makers.

Images
3ui40pc.jpg

c81epbx.jpg

Videos
Iori Skills
Kyo skills
Terry skills

Thai site

Source: mmoculture (English)
Gamemeca (Korean)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO. I called it just reading the thread title of that "which one is real" thread that was on here a few days ago.

As long as this makes money so 98/02 can come to Steam...

kswiston

Still haven't played a single MOBA type game. It's one genre I have absolutely no interest in.

I'm too casual to play MOBAs. At least with fighting games, I can casually play against the computer, or locally with friends who are equally as bad. I don't have the time to build enough skill to avoid getting booted from MOBA matches by assholes who have zero patience with people who don't live the game. Nevermind actually winning a match.

Avallon

I'm too casual to play MOBAs. At least with fighting games, I can casually play against the computer, or locally with friends who are equally as bad. I don't have the time to build enough skill to avoid getting booted from MOBA matches by assholes who have zero patience with people who don't live the game. Nevermind actually winning a match.
You can't be booted from a match in Dota 2.

Of all the franchises that I'd think companies would convert over to the MOBA genre, The King of Fighters wasn't even on the list. Good luck with that though.

Avallon

I guess that's a plus for DOTA2, but I still hear that the community is pretty toxic to newcomers/casual players.
You won't know unless you've tried it yourself. You can mute players so you can't hear or see their in-game chat, there's a tutorial, and you can play against bots and with friends. I'd say give it a shot if you have even a passing interest; it's too much fun.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I've been living under a rock, so I have no idea what MOBAs are even about.

If it makes SNKP more money, then more power to them.

Addnan

I guess that's a plus for DOTA2, but I still hear that the community is pretty toxic to newcomers/casual players. I can see why the genre is popular. Just not for me.
It's not so bad. There are the whiny players who think they are too good and get angry at new players. Fuck them. Just play, check out the Dota 2 OT, pretty good. Lots of info for new comers.

TxdoHawk

I guess that's a plus for DOTA2, but I still hear that the community is pretty toxic to newcomers/casual players. I can see why the genre is popular. Just not for me.

If you're ever curious to give one of these a shot, try Smite. Cuts out a lot of the needless bullshit other MOBAs have and is very casual-friendly, with a community that is miles better than most.

Mupod

There is a point where this needs to stop and we have clearly passed it, but let's keep going and see what happens.

Grief.exe

This looks like it is running on the same engine as League of Legends. I wonder if this iteration is backed by Tencent.

BHK3

Banned
Why are they all blatant ripoffs of LoL down to the innate passives and teleport back to base skill...I wouldn't mind this as much if they actually tried something new.

God, I'm so over the whole MOBA trend, simply because I really can't get into them. This is something I never thought I'd see. I never asked for this.

Good on OP for not pulling a Wario with the thread title

They get really weird with the genres for KOF, don't they? Remember KOF Sky Stage? That shit was crazy.

Kinda makes sense I guess, hero wise...

Top Bottom