• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Lord Phol

Oh, some more fun:

When you die, you can decide to res at the checkpoint (instant), res at your body(!!!!!) (5 sec cd), or go straight back to the town (instant). DAMN!

That sounds a bit too lenient, there has to be some kind of penalty or else ur pretty much invincible.

Dahbomb

Didn't Blizzard say that the console version had random power-ups drop from enemies? Instead of health globes?
That's what Nephalem Glory is. It seems to make you faster and gives you this new charged bolt passive which gets stronger with more globes.you pick up. I think it might have more bonuses too.

Also Roll is nice, it breaks Jailer!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Riggs, you haven't said anything in a while! What's going on :O?

koji

Looking forward to the casualness of the whole thing. I'll have RoS on the PC soon enough for the deeper longer haul, but this will be awesome in its own way.

8 hours til I get my copy.

Yeah plan to keep my hardcore toons on the PC and use the console version to just kick back, hope I can get my mates warmed up to the whole thing again, some were pretty bummed out by the PC version...

I burned out a bit on the PC version due to the announcement of loot 2 and the expansion, doesn't really feel worthwhile to play now, "green will be the new purple" soon anyway...

Dahbomb

They also changed potions for the better. There is no better potion to get in the game, the default one heals you for 60% health.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still downloading, trying to nap in the mean time but I don't think that's going to happen hah.
Haha! Aight man!
They also changed potions for the better. There is no better potion to get in the game, the default one heals you for 60% health.
Shieeeeeet son!

Berrah

Neo Member
Just got D3 for XBOX, add me on XBL if anyone to play some co-op (just have to finnish this install phase...)

The second question is, hardcore or softcore, didnt play much softcore in the PC version since there werent any real challenges to it, and just grind loot. But how stable is this version compared to a PC. From some comments read here It's got some delays on hits and so on?

molnizzle

The second question is, hardcore or softcore, didnt play much softcore in the PC version since there werent any real challenges to it, and just grind loot. But how stable is this version compared to a PC. From some comments read here It's got some delays on hits and so on?

Hardcore probably won't mean as much on the consoles since you can simply keep a USB backup of your character and reload if you die. You might as well just roll softcore and play with all of us beautiful people!

Dahbomb

My guess as to the MP levels in console version:

Easy: MP0
Medium: MP2
Hard: MP4
Master 1: MP6

Not sure about the other Masters, they could either increase by 2 or 1. I am hoping they increase by 2 MP per difficulty because that way loot will be balanced.

Oh and some skills are a bit different. The Monk Mantras are now permanent auras once you activate them... which sort of makes sense as they used to be low cast long duration auras anyway.

Robin64

Well, according to Blizzard.

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4
Master I = Monster Power 6
Master II = Monster Power 7
Master III = Monster Power 8
Master IV = Monster Power 9
Master V = Monster Power 10

Lord Phol

Hardcore probably won't mean as much on the consoles since you can simply keep a USB backup of your character and reload if you die. You might as well just roll softcore and play with all of us beautiful people!

Why would anyone do that? Just ruins the point of the whole thing :s.
I'll most likely dabble around with hardcore later on, but softcore sounds alot more fun in this version than on PC so will definetly start with that.

molnizzle

How does this effect duping? Saving characters / dropping items, and just reloading?

It's probably gonna be a shit show, just like Borderlands 1&2 ended up being. That's the price of full offline support! The only solution would be to separate offline and online characters like D2. I could see Blizz doing that for the next-gen versions, possibly with the RMAH brought back into the mix to offset their server costs. Shit's gonna suck!

As incredibly disappointed as I was in D3 on PC/Mac release day, I can't say I don't wish I was playing this on my ps3 right now. Damn you, Blizzard

Robin64

Are we sure you copy characters to a USB stick and not move them? If it's strictly move, then duping and cheating Hardcore death becomes more difficult.

molnizzle

Are we sure you copy characters to a USB stick and not move them? If it's strictly move, then duping and cheating Hardcore death becomes more difficult.

It's a copy, Blizz confirmed on their forum that you'll be able to cheat like that with HC characters. Duping will probably be easily accomplished too with the help of a friend. The only catch is that your profile stores ALL of your characters, so if you reload from USB you'll wipe out any progress made on your alts (if any).

Autofokus

Hey guys, I caved and pre ordered the BD PS3 version, now I've started second guessing about the performance from BD, anyone played it yet from disc? Can still cancel the pre order and buy the digital from PSN.

I think I read somewhere that the mandatory installation is 5GB. Seeing that the US Preload is around 8GB (EU ist ~13GB, two added languages), we have ~3GB for cut-scenes/voice overs - those get probably streamed from disc. There shouldn't be any performance problems/differences.

jockstrap74

Neo Member
Bah this is killing me, I really want this game....but wanted to hold out for the PS4 version.....

I feel like I am missing out....anyone whats the verdict??

Anyone know if there are any cheap arse launch deals at Tesco or Asda ?

Donos

Seems like it panned out better then expected? Going to rent it. Diablo without kb/m is heresy but my laptop seems to be on it's way out and i don't want any of that Auction House business.

Lord Phol

Seems like it panned out better then expected? Going to rent it. Diablo without kb/m is heresy but my laptop seems to be on it's way out and i don't want any of that Auction House business.

I think you mean "bliss", trust me these games were made for controllers.

Framey? Like slow frame-ratey? What system?

(82% installed on PS3 here...)

I was just a little surprised after having read that it was a relatively solid 60fps. It's not awful by any means; at the gate before Tristram there's some slow down that's noticeable but manageable. Seems to tear a little too. It's fine but not as good as I thought it would be.

Yoshichan said:
Playing online? Local coop?

Offline solo on PS3.

Yoshichan

I was just a little surprised after having read that it was a relatively solid 60fps. It's not awful by any means; at the gate before Tristram there's some slow down that's noticeable but manageable. Seems to tear a little too. It's fine but not as good as I thought it would be. .
I've promised 60fps in the OT, so people will kill me if this ends up being a framerate mess :lol hopefully that isn't the case.

molnizzle

I'm gonna be really pissed if the 360 version outperforms the PS3 version by a significant margin. I straight up begged DF for a mere hint on Twitter, which is something they've done in the past before publishing an official Face-Off. No dice.

Yoshichan

I should've left work 15 minutes ago but I have to do some extra shit... Come the fuck on! Knew I shouldn't have come today.

Edit: sorry Riggs! I'm hurrying as fast as I can!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Picked up my copy, came with a few items and some little art book thats rather shite heh.

Yoshichan

Riggs, start playing. On top of everything, my ride is delayed like 15 minutes so... I'll PM you once I leave this shithole.

Helscream

Banned
I got to say I wasn't expecting myself to be this hyped for the console release of Diablo 3. I played the PC version 2-3 weeks after release. Alot of fun, but got burnt out due to alot of issues that were affecting the game at the time. I put maybe 300 hours into the PC version, but after reading the changes Blizzard made with the console version I got excited.

I pre-ordered my copy on amazon back in July. Its a day of release delivery so hopfully if I am lucky I will have my copy by the time I get back from work. If its UPS I probably wont have it till freaking 8:00pm at night.

I played a Barbarian all the way up to Inferno Act 3 and stopped there. I planning on rolling a Barbarian again. My PSN ID is Helscream if anyone wants to have another gaffer to roll with.

Robin64

I beat Inferno with a wizard on PC (back when it was hard) so I should probably roll something other than a wizard this time.

But fuck, they're awesome and getting easy powerful loot could just own.

Top Bottom