• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

mullet2000
(08-31-2013, 11:18 PM)
Update: The Invasion levels are getting patched in at a later date:

Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.

Old post:

So it's come to our attention in the Rayman Legends and Vita threads that Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions. Specifically all of the 28 "Invasion levels" are missing from the Vita version. These levels are speed run style levels that combine the level layout and enemy layouts of two other levels and challenge you to do them as quickly as possible. They're probably the most challenging content in the game, so it's a real shame that they aren't in there.

Here's two pictures courtesy of VanWinkle showing the smaller Lum total in the Vita version:

And here's a comment from a reviewer in the comment section under his review stating the content isn't in the Vita version:

Oh man I just noticed that it is missing. There are Murfy challenges specific to the Vita/WiiU that are NOT on the PS3 version (though). But dang the invasion levels missing is a big thing. I'm reading through the review packets they gave us and it is pretty vague whether or not it is included. The Vita version is being delayed in Europe, I wonder if a patch is coming? I'll keep looking into this

Real shame. Ubisoft haven't said anything about this content being missing before release, and I wanted to make sure people knew what they were buying before it's released in NA this Tuesday.
Last edited by mullet2000; 09-04-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Jawmuncher
(08-31-2013, 11:20 PM)
Hope Ubisoft says something about the matter. They need to.
afoni
Banned
(08-31-2013, 11:20 PM)
I guess it's just as well I didn't commit to the Vita version enough to preorder it.
kadotsu
(08-31-2013, 11:23 PM)
Just cancelled my PSN pre-order. Will get the WiiU version after price collapse (4 weeks).
cluderi
(08-31-2013, 11:24 PM)
Damn shame, I was going to get it on Vita as Origins is coming up on PS+ but I'll pick another platform.

For shaaaaaaame Ubisoft, for shame...
Drago
(08-31-2013, 11:25 PM)
What the fuck. :/

So much for what I thought was going to be the best version. Guess I'll play on WiiU when I do get around to getting this game.

Hope Ubisoft addresses this...
Napalm_Frank
If they didn't delay it they would have gotten away with it too. Fuckers.
tch
Well that sucks. Not buying unless it's patched in.
w1gglyjones
(08-31-2013, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by kadotsu

Just cancelled my PSN pre-order. Will get the WiiU version after price collapse (4 weeks).

So you'd pay full price for the PSN version but not for the Wii U version? Or do you think that the price will fall faster and harder on the Wii U version than PS3 version... cause, comparatively, this hasn't for other titles yet.
Last edited by w1gglyjones; 08-31-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Mejilan
Running off of Custom Firmware
(08-31-2013, 11:27 PM)
Well, this is quite disappointing.
Shame too, considering the great job they did with the Vita version of Origins.
Frumix
(08-31-2013, 11:28 PM)
Oh what the hell Ubisoft. Can't even commit to it going multiplat?
Last edited by Frumix; 08-31-2013 at 11:31 PM.
kadotsu

Originally Posted by w1gglyjones

So you'd pay full price for the PSN version but on for the Wii U version? Or do you think that the price will fall faster and harder on the Wii U version than PS3 version... cause, comparatively, they haven't for other titles yet.

I pay full price for the version I want: Content complete and portable. I pay less for a version that doesn't satisfy those conditions.
Tourmeta
Really looking forward to this for my Vita but that sounds like a real bummer. With Jak and Daxter, Q-Force, Fifa etc I should be used to mediocre versions though.
Wozman23
(08-31-2013, 11:29 PM)
Interesting... I thought it was supposed to be the ultimate version.

I planned on picking up 2 copies at some point. I'm starting on PS3 since I'd rather play on a big screen, but plan on following up with the Vita version for the asynchronous gameplay. If it's not addressed, no real loss in my case, but odd nonetheless.
boredandlazy
(08-31-2013, 11:32 PM)
This sucks, I really want to buy this on Vita but if it's missing content then I don't know...
CoachKevin
(08-31-2013, 11:33 PM)
How much content are we talking? 2 hours? 5?
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(08-31-2013, 11:34 PM)
well this is depressing, Origins was pretty damn good on Vita but Legend seems to be the worst version.
Frumix

Originally Posted by CoachKevin

Judging by the Teensie count and the demo - about thirty small-ish levels.
mullet2000

Originally Posted by CoachKevin

Hours is a dumb way to value content imo, but I'd like to get the number of levels from someone who owns the game.

Someone in the Rayman Legends thread said 30 levels, but I can't verify that.
Last edited by mullet2000; 08-31-2013 at 11:37 PM.
BlackJace
(08-31-2013, 11:35 PM)
This is something I expect from EA.
Mr.Marston
(08-31-2013, 11:35 PM)
Wow.

Wouldn't be surprised if people cancelled their pre-orders to pick it up on another platform. The invasion levels are great.
silkysmooth
(08-31-2013, 11:36 PM)
Still going to get it but I'm going to really wait on it. Probably first good sub $20 price on the Vita and I'll get it. Definitely disappointed because it was one of my most anticipated games after having a ton of fun already with Origins.
Glorified G
(08-31-2013, 11:36 PM)
The Invaded level was the most fun I had playing the demo. I always was going to double dip starting with the Vita version, but now i'll wait until it becomes cheap.
Kincaido
Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
(08-31-2013, 11:37 PM)
Disappointing
Silky
Sad for Vita owners.
nampad
It sucks but I don't understand the reason behind it. They ported everything else and even made some exclusive levels.

How hard can it be to port existing levels when the whole engine etc. is already up and running?
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(08-31-2013, 11:38 PM)
Sounds like a storage issue, though you'd think they'd have cut the Origins levels first.
HT UK
(08-31-2013, 11:39 PM)
It's a shame but I don't think it's worth everyone cancelling their pre-orders. I'll be keeping mine.
Kurod
I had already canceled my preorder due to September having too many games and me having not enough money but I'm thinking about submitting another order just to cancel it again out of disapproval.
Twinduct

Originally Posted by nampad

It sucks but I don't understand the reason behind it. They ported everything else and even made some exclusive levels.

How hard can it be to port existing levels when the whole engine etc. is already up and running?

No idea either, some cited the Price difference .. which is kinda moot when most international places have a minimal price difference.

But yeah, completely weird.
Frumix
(08-31-2013, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by HT UK

It's a shame but I don't think it's worth everyone cancelling their pre-orders. I'll be keeping mine.

Invaded levels are crazy good.
This is a shame.
jwhit28
(08-31-2013, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Kurod

I had already canceled my preorder due to money budgeting but I'm thinking about submitting another order just to cancel it again out of disapproval.

And with that order we hit 50,000 guys, we can have the pizza party. Wait... no, he just canceled it right after placing the order. I'm sorry everyone.
flippedb
Banned
So this puts the Wii U version definitely as the one with the most content and best controller scheme?

Sad to hear this, I had the perception of Vita version being really complete.
Kurod

Originally Posted by jwhit28

And with that order we hit 50,000 guys, we can have the pizza party. Wait... no, he just canceled it right after placing the order. I'm sorry everyone.

Take that, Ubi!
mullet2000
(08-31-2013, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by HT UK

Maybe it's just my opinion but this version of the game missing 30 levels seems like a pretty valid reason to cancel a preorder.
KLonso
(08-31-2013, 11:43 PM)
I'm still going to be getting the Vita version, but that's really disappointing. Hopefully the levels can be patched in or something
mullet2000
(08-31-2013, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by flippedb

So this puts the Wii U version definitely as the one with the most content and best controller scheme?

Sad to hear this, I had the perception of Vita version being really complete.

The controls seem to be totally up to preference. Having played the Wii U and PS3 demos, I can say I far prefer non-touch based Murphy levels. Some people are the opposite.

So PC, Wii U, 360 and PS3 all seem even in terms of content, with Wii U either being the best or the worst depending on how you feel about the touch levels.
Last edited by mullet2000; 08-31-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Napalm_Frank
(08-31-2013, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Sounds like a storage issue, though you'd think they'd have cut the Origins levels first.

Storage issue my fuckin ass. The PS3 version is 2 gigs.
DR2K
Banned
(08-31-2013, 11:45 PM)
Well it'll be $10 sooner than later.
boredandlazy
(08-31-2013, 11:47 PM)
I hadn't preordered yet, but I seriously almost feel like not buying it at all now. I only really want it on Vita, and knowing it's had some really good stuff cut out just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. Plus it's not as if there isn't other stuff I can play on my Vita with Killzone and Tearaway coming etc.
BosSin
(08-31-2013, 11:48 PM)
Steam version it is then (unless I haven't played it if/when it comes out for PS4)
DBT85
(08-31-2013, 11:50 PM)
No fair :(

I can understand why Resogun isn't Vita/PS4 there are technical reasons for it, but I don't get why these levels are excluded from the Vita version.

Maybe its based on the size of the carts?

I'd cross my fingers for them being available as free DLC but I know that isn't happening.
Raonak
(08-31-2013, 11:51 PM)
Ugh... WHY?
mullet2000

Originally Posted by DBT85

No fair :(

I can understand why Resogun isn't Vita/PS4 there are technical reasons for it, but I don't get why these levels are excluded from the Vita version.

Maybe its based on the size of the carts?

I'd cross my fingers for them being available as free DLC but I know that isn't happening.

They can hold up to 3.3GB and apparently the PS3 version is only 2GB, so it isn't a size issue.
Kensuke
I have a PS3 and Wii U, but I still planned on getting the Vita version. All because I really loved Origins on it. This news is incredibly disappointing. I'm also getting annoyed at Ubisoft's attitude. First the last minute delay and now this. Would it kill them to give us a bit of transparency?
SatoAilDarko
(08-31-2013, 11:52 PM)
Does it possibly have to do with it being $20 cheaper on Vita than the other versions.
Omikaru
Banned
This is a big shame. I was planning on getting this for Vita.

Time to fall back onto option #2: Wii U version.
boredandlazy
Is there any way we can get a comment from Ubisoft on this?
robotrock

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

Does it possibly have to do with it being $20 cheaper on Vita than the other versions.

PC version is the same price as the Vita version and has the invasion levels.
Grisby
(08-31-2013, 11:55 PM)
Weird. Origins had the same content as the console one's. I was getting Legends on the 360 but this a shame for vita only bros.