Left all typos as they originally are. =P
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will complete the console circuit with its debut on Wii U on September 5 in the Americas. The game is priced at $14.99 and, according to developer Black Forest Games, will be released in the US, Brazil and Mexico Nintendo eShoppes.
"Our sales on Wii U eShop in Europe are even better than those on PSN Europe. Now we are very curious to see how much the US Nintendo-fans like our game," said Adrian Goersch, managing director at Black Forest.
The Wii U version of Giana fully supports the game through the WiiPad, along with a super easy mode for casual palyers (hardcore and überhardcore are still supported).
For comparison, PSN Europe got Giana Sisters on June 23 while the Wii U's European eShop got Giana Sisters on August 22.
Press Release below
US Release Date for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U
Black Forest Games' twisted platformer available on Nintendo eShop on 9/05.
Offenburg, August 30, 2013 – On September 5, 2013 Nintendo fans in the US will be able to purchase GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS in Nintendo's eShop for $14.99.
After a hugely successful campaign on Kickstarter and releases for Windows-PC, Xbox360 and PS3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will be finally available for Nintendo fans in the US, making this the first Kickstarted project that hits all major gaming platforms worldwide. New features include an easy mode for casual and mid-core gamers. This helps refine their skills to meet the challenges of the Hardcore and Uberhardcore game modes. As a feature unique to the Wii U version, the game utilizes the Wii U GamePad as a mobile playing device.
"Our sales on Wii U eShop in Europe are even better than those on PSN Europe. Now we are very curious to see, how much the US Nintendo-fans like our game." Adrian Goersch, Managing Director BFG comments.
Participation in Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sales
As one of the first developers to pass Steam's Greenlight process, Black Forest Games also announced their participation in the Greenlight Anniversary Sales this weekend. To celebrate this with their community, Steam is offering Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams at a discount of 75 % this weekend.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U Features
• Mobile – fully playable on the Wii U GamePad.
• Casual welcome – New easy mode for casual gamers. Hardcore and Uberhardcore Mode still supported.
• Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
• Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
• Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
• Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
• Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
• Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
Screenshots and more details about the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams are available on Black Forest Games' website: http://www.GianaSistersTwistedDreams.com
EPK Download: http://project-giana.com/files/m/EPK...ted_Dreams.zip
"Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an aesthetically pleasing journey that's as gorgeous as it is taxing, blending new ideas and old concepts in the same way punk and cute Giana co-exist."
Esmeralda Portillo, Inside gaming daily/Machinima
"Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an admirable effort that provides an innovative, entertaining and highly challenging experience."
Martin Watts, nintendolife.com
"...it's a very thoughtfully arranged, challenging platformer that six months after its initial release holds up just as well. This currently is, quite frankly, the jump and run of choice."
Martin Woger, Eurogamer.de
Follow us on
About Black Forest Games:
Founded in 2012, Black Forest Games is an independent game studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany, and currently employs a team of 40 international industry professionals who specialize in building games for all major game platforms. For more information on Black Forest Games please visit the official website at www.black-forest-games.com.