• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential Xbox One Day One Edition+Forza 5 outed? [Seemingly Real]

mocoworm

That says the fifa 14 day one is sold out and the forza 4 is available. So is the fifa bundle just for people who preordered and will get it day one, and forza 4 bundle is for if you order now but may not get day one

So it's a 'day one' console still, but you may not receive it on launch day is how you are reading it ?

I just pre-ordered one. So I now have 2 pre-orders. FIFA and FORZA.

Which to cancel ?

:s

saladine1

Damn, you got my hopes up. XB1 with Forza + Live would make it almost a day one for me. I'm just still really undecided because of the lack of wheel support for Forza. I'm hoping it "eventually" comes for Fanatec models but I am starting to doubt it. It's the last deal breaker.

Yeah, the situation is pissing me off.
Just announce something already so we can move on.

operon

So it's a 'day one' console still, but you may not receive it on launch day is how you are reading it ?

I just pre-ordered one. So I now have 2 pre-orders. FIFA and FORZA.

Which to cancel ?

:s

amazon.PNG

better pic of what the amazon says

So I take it this is EU only too...

So basically MS is all like "Hey America, we know you're gonna buy the shit out this thing anyways so we're not going to throw in a free game download, but our EU numbers aren't as good so we have to sweeten the pot for them. Kthxbai"

jaypah

So I take it this is EU only too...

So basically MS is all like "Hey America, we know you're gonna buy the shit out this thing anyways so we're not going to throw in a free game download, but our EU numbers aren't as good so we have to sweeten the pot for them. Kthxbai"

Yeah, business gonna business. I work for a chicken spot that has 2 locations across town from each other. Our store is the slower one (business wise) so we often run specials that the one across town doesn't.

Ohhhh, ok. I'm betting they must've ran out of stuff for FIFA (like the Netflix code for the Chromecast stuff) and Forza is the replacement. That makes sense.

...And for the record, yes it's still moneyhatting :p

Stupid jokes aside, Sega did this with the Saturn a freaking ton. I remember right before it died you could get 5 damn games with it. Pack-ins are exactly that, people. They do still have to pay for it

Raide

Good Bundle....that I am not interested in. Unless they are retail version that I can instantly trade in for games I want. Give me a DR3 + BF4 and I will be interested.

ultron87

I'm still on the fence about whether to keep my Xbox or PS4 preorder, but if they brought this deal to North America it'd be a good factor to lean me in their direction.

How about this for a trade.

you can pay for the console in £ and I can pay for it in it's dollar price instead.

Then you can get your free game.

Yeah, this is something to take into account too. Europe takes it in the A over pricing.

Also these damn pack-in threads really should have an EU tag on them so people don't derp out

Ding

MS pre-order numbers in Europe are dire at the moment. They can always count on the US to come through for them, Europe not so much.

Emphasis, mine.

They may have a big surprise coming to them this holiday season. I'm one of the most satisfied 360 owners around: I currently have four 360s, bought at launch, tie ratio of at least 30, blah, blah, blah. I have no intention of picking up an XB1 at launch. if ever. (I reserve the right to change my mind, but that's the way the wind is blowing so far.)

The same goes for every single person on my friend's list. Without exception. (It's a small list, however.)

But yeah, pack in games are a necessary first step on the road to what MS will eventually need to do: Drop the price to $399. So, I'm glad to see it happening so soon.

wotta

Hi Guys,

The bundle is for Xbox One + Forza 5 or Xbox One + FIFA 14. If you pre-order from ShopTo you can use the swap system so that you don't lose your place in the queue. Not sure if other retailers offer this.

I'm guessing MS have done this as they have sold out their allocation of the FIFA bundles so are offering Forza instead.

I can't understand why they don't pack in a free year of live. Makes no sense. So much more upside through DLC and getting people used to being in the system.

eso76

vg_04.png

where i pre-ordered it, both for free (Mediaworld IT)

yeah, what happens to Mediaworld preorder deal now ?
I couldn't care less about Fifa 14, i wouldn't even download it, but i'm still tempted, so i'd be getting FM5's physical copy.
Now, a new deal with Xbone+Fm5 edition and free DR3 would be an insta buy

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Emphasis, mine.

They may have a big surprise coming to them this holiday season. I'm one of the most satisfied 360 owners around: I currently have four 360s, bought at launch, tie ratio of at least 30, blah, blah, blah. I have no intention of picking up an XB1 at launch. if ever. (I reserve the right to change my mind, but that's the way the wind is blowing so far.)

The same goes for every single person on my friend's list. Without exception. (It's a small list, however.)

Everyone on my friends list is getting an Xbox One at launch. Applying your logic to my situation... that means MS will be fine!

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Zornack

How terrible must their European pre-order numbers be if they have to do this?

Edit: That came off as extremely negative, but the fact that they're only doing this for pre-orders and not "through December 12th..." or something like that makes me think they just had poor-ass pre-order numbers and had to do something drastic to up them.

Ding

I can't understand why they don't pack in a free year of live. Makes no sense. So much more upside through DLC and getting people used to being in the system.
Because it would just remind the people that don't play close attention that all subsequent years of Live won't be free.

"That $300 that you're gonna have to pay us this generation? We're dropping it to $250 because we love you!"

Also, you don't have to have Gold to buy DLC, so there's not a huge win there. Owners of both future consoles will be paying 3-5 bucks a month to use them to their full extent. That's just the reality. It doesn't mean that either Sony or MS want to call attention to that fact however!

todd44890

Banned
Its becoming harder and harder to resist the xbox one. I can easily see myself getting one at launch if I can find one. The hype is getting to me.

Top Bottom