• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-07-2013, 08:36 PM)
duckroll's Avatar
Japanese tweets:
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta...00536607539200
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta...05168406790144

English tweets:
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24191664222208
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24308077109248
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24398023962624
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28396244262912
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28542747090944
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28621151219712

I know there's people concerning about "Quiet" but don't worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. "Quiet" who doesn't have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.

「クワイエット」について危惧されている人もいるようですが、大丈夫です。彼女は昔の露出過度な格闘ゲーム系女性キャラへのアンチテーゼとして生んだものです。 言葉を持たない彼女は、今回と同じ様に、物語の中で周囲から揶揄されます。しかし、その露出の秘密を知ると、その言動を恥じる事でしょう。

「MGSV」のテーマは「GENE」⇒「MEME」⇒「SCENE」⇒「PEACE」⇒「RACE」です。言語や民族、慣習、文化、嗜好の違いからくる誤解、差 別、憎悪、紛争に触れます。今回の「クワイエット」公開に対する一部ネットでの扇動された反応は、まさに「MGSV」そのものといえます。

Thoughts? Kojima is basically taking up the "you lack context because you haven't played the game" defense. Since MGSV doesn't even have a release date, it's going to be a long wait! Can people wait? Will they wait? Should they wait?
Last edited by duckroll; 09-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(09-07-2013, 08:37 PM)
Kyzer's Avatar
Its a trap!
braves01
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:37 PM)
braves01's Avatar
Kojima taking on race? This will be interesting.
Lyot
Junior Member
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
Lyot's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Since MGSV doesn't even have a release date, it's going to be a long wait! Can people wait? Will they wait? Should they wait?

People can't wait to be offended at meaningless things, so no, they won't.
Alienous
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
Alienous's Avatar
So, no Metal Gear Beach Volleyball XXX?

Fuck.
Silky
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
>"Taking on Race."

OHHHHHH BABY FUCKING /FINALLY./ TAKE ME HOME, KOJIMA.
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
benny_a's Avatar
I'm already ashamed of my words & deeds.
Settin
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
Settin's Avatar

Originally Posted by braves01

Kojima taking on race? This will be interesting.

Race is caused by nanomachines because patriots.
pop_tarts
Junior Member
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
pop_tarts's Avatar
People just need to be more Quiet
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)
She's actually a test character for Rumble Roses XXX
Krusenstern
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
I can wait and I will wait. Eager to see what Kojima is cooking up there.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar
I don't see the problem with not forming a conclusion because of a lack of context.
pixlexic
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
We know why .. she has skin camo abilities. some people just want to ignore that because of some cause.
SDBurton
World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
SDBurton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

So, no Metal Gear Beach Ball XXX?

Fuck.

Make it happen.
MCD
Junior Member
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
MCD's Avatar

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

darkside31337
Tomodachi wa Mahou
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
darkside31337's Avatar
Silly duckroll you didn't need to translate it!

He just added some more stuff:

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.
Impeccable
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
Impeccable's Avatar
What if she escaped from somewhere where such horrible things happened to her and the only clothes she could find were scraps and old pants. She doesn't speak anymore because she is so emotionally scarred she dare not speak to a soul.

You guys... you're going to want to protect her.
Ultimadrago
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar
Daaamn.

Originally Posted by darkside31337

Silly duckroll you didn't need to translate it!

He just added some more stuff:

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.

I see.
doomquake
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:39 PM)
doomquake's Avatar
haha 「you will feel ashamed of your deeds」
NotLiquid
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
NotLiquid's Avatar
Context is nice.

Still didn't make The Boss' snake scar in MGS3 any less ridiculous though.
Shikari
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
Shikari's Avatar
Patriots and nanomachines causing the race discrimination?
skybaby
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
She's a transsexual. There's your twist.
Sorian
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
Sorian's Avatar
So, it's a trap then?
GenoZStriker
Junior Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
GenoZStriker's Avatar
She's a mute elite sniper. She can do whatever she wants and doesn't have to explain shit to anyone, is how I see it.
bob page
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
bob page's Avatar
Additional tweets:

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.

Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.
Septimius
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
Septimius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Settin

Race is caused by nanomachines because patriots.

Nonono, the Patriots biggest goal was to build down race, but then nano-machines happened, and now Patriots ARE nano-machines!
ViewtifulJC
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:40 PM)
ViewtifulJC's Avatar
Ah, so we have to know her tragic backstory to understand why she dresses like that. That'll probably go as well as those "let me tell you a long boring story about these B&B girls you just killed" Drebin scenes

"Laughing Badger watched her whole family killed by badgers. She still hears the screams of the badgers in her sleep, badgering her mind. The evil badger spirit lives on in her, consume by rage, where all she can do is laugh. She also has to dress in very tight outfits and we got sexy official 3D renders because badgers killed her whole family."
hosannainexcelsis
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
hosannainexcelsis's Avatar

Originally Posted by bob page

Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.

So it's Metal Gear Solid.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by darkside31337

Silly duckroll you didn't need to translate it!

He just added some more stuff:

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.

I don't know what you're talking about!

Edited OP, thanks.
funkystudent
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
funkystudent's Avatar
Its going to be some Kojima anime bullshit like "she has to be naked because if she doesnt absorb X amount of sunlight she will DIE" isnt it? That wouldnt make it better.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Japanese tweets:
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta...00536607539200
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta...05168406790144

English tweets:
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24191664222208
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24308077109248
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...24398023962624
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28396244262912
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28542747090944
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/...28621151219712


Thoughts? Kojima is basically taking up the "you lack context because you haven't played the game" defense. Since MGSV doesn't even have a release date, it's going to be a long wait! Can people wait? Will they wait? Should they wait?

With Kojima history behind pandering and sexuality, is hard to believe there's a serious theme behind Quiet exposure. But, why not? I'll wait.
LordJim
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
LordJim's Avatar

Originally Posted by bob page

Additional tweets:



Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.

Unlike previous Metal Gear games?
Dance Inferno
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
Dance Inferno's Avatar
In Kojima we trust.

I've enjoyed his games and his plots and the contexts he provides for his characters for the past 15 years, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
KingFire
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)

recognize the secret reason for her exposure

Nanomachines confirmed.
kuYuri
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
kuYuri's Avatar
Stahp Kojima, get out of our heads!
Radec
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
Radec's Avatar
I hope there's an easter egg in MGSV that when you try to focus on Quiet's private parts she will miraculously speak "Caught you fapping huh!"
Frumix
Suffering From Success
(09-07-2013, 08:41 PM)
Frumix's Avatar
#trapsprung
Krusenstern
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by bob page

Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.

Originally Posted by hosannainexcelsis

So it's Metal Gear Solid.

.
Artorias
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:42 PM)
Good to hear that it hasn't bothered him. I wish more developers worked on improving their games rather than finding reasons to throw tantrums on twitter.
ReturnOfTheRAT
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:42 PM)
ReturnOfTheRAT's Avatar

Originally Posted by MCD

Can someone link the original FFXIV video for me?
NotLiquid
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:42 PM)
NotLiquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC

Ah, so we have to know her tragic backstory to understand why she dresses like that. That'll probably go as well as those "let me tell you a long boring story about these B&B girls you just killed" Drebin scenes

"Laughing Badger watched her whole family killed by badgers. She still hears the screams of the badgers in her sleep, badgering her mind. The evil badger spirit lives on in her, consume by rage, where all she can do is laugh. She also has to dress in very tight outfits and we got sexy official 3D renders because badgers killed her whole family."

The excuse will probably be that she was captured, probably tortured/naked and she scavenged for the only clothes she could find or some shit.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:43 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar

Originally Posted by bob page

Additional tweets:



Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.

This is something I have waiting since MGS2. Personally I can't wait, although chances I'm gonna be terribly dissapointed are very high.
Alienous
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:43 PM)
Alienous's Avatar
Maybe Big Boss is a big racist, and really couldn't ever stand SIGINT?

It's not like Kojima gives a fuck about the story after MGS4. This'll let him explain the bad guy turn in a cutscene.
Syphon Filter
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:43 PM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar
Kojima playing mind games again.
udivision
(09-07-2013, 08:43 PM)
udivision's Avatar

Originally Posted by bob page

Additional tweets:



Kinda worried about the story. Sounds like a slew of forced, convoluted nonsense.

Did you say... Metal Gear!?
redtails64
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:43 PM)
redtails64's Avatar
I'm intrigued now. I wonder what her story is.
KingFire
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:44 PM)

"Laughing Badger watched her whole family killed by badgers. She still hears the screams of the badgers in her sleep, badgering her mind. The evil badger spirit lives on in her, consume by rage, where all she can do is laugh. She also has to dress in very tight outfits and we got sexy official 3D renders because badgers killed her whole family."

Cringe-worthy story telling right there. And this is supposed to be the golden peak of video games storytelling.
MackAttack
Banned
(09-07-2013, 08:44 PM)
God, kojima is such a blowhard.
udivision
(09-07-2013, 08:44 PM)
udivision's Avatar

Originally Posted by redtails64

I'm intrigued now. I wonder what her story is.

Rape... it's gonna be rape.
jiggles
Member
(09-07-2013, 08:44 PM)
jiggles's Avatar
What was the context for being able to jiggle Rose's boobs by shaking the controller in MGS4?

How did that help stop the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?

Thread Tools