• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step

One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

I'm really looking foward to your post as a gamer and not much as a PR, although I understand you must have a list written in blood from ex employees about what you can/can't answer.

But for the love of god, bring some Xbox One to Colombia, I can't wait to try the console and the controller before Nov.

Except the original DRM plans (IIRC) don't make that true. Neither do the revised. Or X-box Live account DRM systems for the 360 right now.

Not to open old wounds, but in the original document it said " You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."

Game on disc is DRM, that was DRM, but I think the original policies had more benefits for me. Personal preference.

One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

Have you pre-ordered a PS4?

The friends I play with live all over the place...I can't loan s**t without getting FedEx involved.
Give them your login in, you go play offline.

Buy a PS3, give them your login in, both of you can be online.

Video would backfire since you can already do it.

Unless you're one of those delusional people who thought they could share one game with ten friends at once.

CRS

Major Nelson, don't forget to go to switch from 50 posts per page to 100.

Just go to Control Panel -> Edit Options and the switch is in the Thread Display Options box.

Enjoy.

Jac_Solar

Based on the timing, it seems like this could be a part of a marketing campaign. If so, is this allowed on NeoGaf; people representing a product?

feel

Welcome Larry! Great to have you here.

Based on the timing, it seems like this could be a part of a marketing campaign. If so, is this allowed on NeoGaf; people representing a product?
Mmm yes?? There's hundreds of devs on gaf. As long as they don't try to force the product down people's throats and stick to giving great insight and answers, it's all cool.

FluxWaveZ

People are asking questions and he's answering them.

What's the problem?

Edit: But yeah, there've been plenty before.

Gskyace

Hi Major Nelson,
Anything to share about the launch event from Microsoft?
Need to make a travel plan to US just to secure ONE.

What? This is nonsense.

Larry Hryb is a person and a gamer...he's allowed to have an account just like everyone else.

Give them your login in, you go play offline.

Buy a PS3, give them your login in, both of you can be online.

Video would backfire since you can already do it.

Unless you're one of those delusional people who thought they could share one game with ten friends at once.

Not ten friends at one. Now you can give an unlimited number of people games from your collection, but you don't have the game anymore. The original let you give all your games and keep them, but only to one person at a time.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Oh god, do you think he has he seen this one yet?

major-nelson-xbox-one-gif.gif

Seen it. And love it.

big_z

Hey Major Nelson can you send me one of those white xbox ones? I'll pay for the cost of the console and shipping.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, original Xbox Live probably was though.
I still don't believe shutting down OG Xbox Live was necessary though.

Given they didn't do anything with the 360 up count? I dunno... they're upping the count for the 720 and if that updates the architecture for X-box Live/360's systems with a firmware-dashboard update? I could see it, but the question would be "what took you so long?"

Not to open old wounds, but in the original document it said " You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."

Game on disc is DRM, that was DRM, but I think the original policies had more benefits for me. Personal preference.

Yeah, but surely they'd see the 5 (now 3) slot DRM Sony did for PSN and the abuse that got. The "Family Plan" would just have people signing up under someones account as a "master"/"child" to gameshare and lose revenue. As it is currently you can't login to someones account while they're using it on PSN or X-box Live (IIRC) to where getting the library wouldn't be possible that way if you wanted to Gameshare that way and even then the current 360 DRM ties the DRM to a console. Unless they opened that up significantly with some draconian DRM in return, I can't really see the blurb being a true reality still.

Welcome, welcome!

Looking forward to the interesting conversations you are going to start and the arguments that will inevitably follow.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Knew you would post again before the night was out lol. This place is addictive like that. SCEJA press conference in a few hours. Will you be watching it later tomorrow?

I've got an bunch of early meetings, so I won't be able to watch it. Tomorrow could be interesting.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Question for Major Nelson:

Is the power button on the Xbox One easy to accidentally press? It looks like it'll be similar to the open tray button on the 360 where merely brushing against it will open the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom