• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android) announced [Tabata Producing, Details In OP]

Exentryk

UPDATE - Teaser Trailer - youtu.be/XibctmwA1V0
Official Website - jp.square-enix.com/ff-agito/
Also added to SE's TGS page - http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs13/ff-agito/

The info is in this week's Famitsu.

EDIT - Don't know yet if it is Type-0 or a different game. Aibo (from unconfirmed reports) tweeted that it may be a prequel.

EDIT 2 - Hajime Tabata producing (director of Type-0), and the game is coming this winter (Dec 2013~early 2014)

EDIT 3 -

Okay this isn't a prequel or a sequel to Type-0. It's definitely a reimagining. Another version of the same cycle in Type-0? The main characters from Type-0 are all in the game, along with new characters. The player is a student you can customize.

- There's a job system
- There's a mission system

So far so good?

- The game is divided into story chapters you can replay.
- They plan on releasing a new chapter every 2 weeks.

Still good? Sounds like a real game on mobiles! Whoa!

- Within those 2 weeks, 10 days will be for Solo Play where each player takes on their own missions, while 4 days are for Team Play where players work together to beat bosses.

Sounds like good social fun! What's the catch?!

- The game is Free2Play.
- There will be Energy used up when you do missions, which can be replenished via microtransaction items. You can also pay to continue if you fail a mission, and so on.

There's also a "decision" system in the game where the story changes based on the decisions made, but it seems that since this is a social mobile game, the decisions are made based on player polling results. Lol! I love this!

Via Aibo from FF-Reunion.

ELmyKgD.png

wic9W7K.jpg

ah there goes that square support for mobiles we know and love
:(
EDIT: wait this is type-0 mobile? wtf such bullshit

Jawmuncher

Neogaf will meltdown if Agito is a Type-0 release on mobile.

But I have a feeling this'll be some sort of card game. Since that seems to be the current craze.

Takao

Banned
Neogaf will meltdown if Agito is a Type-0 release on mobile.

But I have a feeling this'll be some sort of card game. Since that seems to be the current craze.

Agito was originally a card game for phones before being changed into Type-0 on PSP.

Kyon

Banned
I just want Type-1 already tho I played Type-0 too many times and I need a full fledged vita sequel plz k fanks

Eusis

The meltdowns if this is actually a Type-0 translation exclusive to smartphones.
Yeah, I think I really would be kind of angry if they ignored getting this ported onto other platforms in favor of just going "Nope, phone only!" Even if the game sort of has its roots there.

Though I guess the final game diverged so much that they may be revisiting that original concept on mobile.

Top Bottom