• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toki Tori 2 sales rise by 8027% following new update, eShop sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzx

large.jpeg

Toki Tori 2 is experiencing a huge sales spike.
Just one day after Two Tribes released a big update for the game and discounted the game’s price, sales are up by 8027 percent.

SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/toki-tori-2-sales-rise-by-8027-following-new-update-eshop-sale/

people, stop this, your not funny and its already been said twice already on the 1st page and only a few posts away from eachother.

Relax, it's a joke. Both of us interpreted the numbers wrong anyway, as it would be 80 copies instead of 8027. Given that the Wii U is (at the moment) having software attachment problems, this a good step in the right direction.

If anything the implication is more damning for the eshop because that kind of sales increase is only really likely if the previous number was really low.
Seeing the amount of support coming from Two Tribes, your assumption seems pretty unlikely. Why announce three more games for the platform if your current (flagship) title is bombing? The not so subtle attempts to marginalize the platform (and Nintendo in general) on this forum are getting really fucking lame.

Edit: Not to mention what we've heard from other indies in regards to sales on the eShop.

Why would they bring a huge update to the game FOR FREE if it sold badly? That makes no sense!
Because there's a PC version that is constantly updated. I'm assuming this patch brings it up to parity. Also, no developer in their right mind is going to charge customers for a patch... bad sales or not.

Sendou

I'm assuming this is the case. Aren't Nintendo's digital sales for indies usually nonexistent under normal circumstances?

This is not the case at all. It varies from title to title and frequent sales (that devs can set when they want) do take that down a bit though.

Mondriaan

It's pretty lame when % is used as a bullet point for news.

8000%+ of what?

It puts a lower bound on the number of sales, which would be about 81. It's hard to believe that they can track a single sale, though.

[edit]
I would have thought they would get rounder numbers, but maybe they get exact figures.

Bought it yesterday and feels like I should have long ago. This game is so damn fun, sounds great, and looks crisp snd clean. It also runs smooth, for those that care. Very easy on the eyes.

flowsnake

Not true at all. I own it on Steam and don't even remember purchasing it. Probably happened during a sale or something.

Not familiar with hyperbole?

I was mostly referring to media coverage, anyway. Even for an indie game, there's very little info about it, including on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom