• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

UrbanRats

I remain cautiously optimistic in regard to how well-optimised the game will be. R* did a superb job with Max Payne 3 but I'm somewhat dubious of similar effort being put into GTAV's PC port.

This time they put incredible effort to have both PS3 and 360 perform equally (it seems, haven't seen for myself).
I think we can be optimistic.

Is anyone really surprised? Yeah, Sony leaked the PS4 version information. The PC information shouldn't be surprising since every other GTA has had a PC port. I'd honestly be more shocked if GTA5 didn't come to PC...

But really, the biggest question is: Is the PC version of GTA5 going to be optimized? GTA4 wasn't and for me, GTA3-SA was a mixed bag.

I know it wasn't open-world, but the PC version of Max Payne 3 looked and ran great on my several year old mid-range PC. Every visual aspect had been improved for the PC version (much better textures, superior SSAO etc), and it was very scalable.

Teletraan1

Banned
Was waiting anyway. I didn't want my first and only play through of this game to be on some ancient hardware that wont do it any justice. I am patient.

Skeff

Sony isn't going to start buying "exclusives" with GTA V. That's just crazy.

Team Bondi-> la noir-> agent....blah blah blah

They already have an advertising deal in place for GTA V, they are owed a favor and PS4 is much easier to develop for than XB1 and much quicker to develop for so a GTA V port would be cheaper than finishing Agent, The install base of both consoles are currently 0 and its likely PS4 will be the much more popular next gen console.

It isn't crazy, not saying it's true, but it certainly isn't crazy

Verendus

Banned
Not that I believe this code means anything in particular (don't know how you would tell it's real), but I've been planning on skipping GTA5 on the PS3 for months now, and waiting for the inevitable PS4 version.

Skeff

Not that I believe this code means anything in particular (don't know how you would tell it's real), but I've been planning on skipping GTA5 on the PS3 for months now, and waiting for the inevitable PS4 version.

Only one way to confirm, but it's against NeoGAF ToS.

Astery

real or fake, a PC and next gen version isn't surprising, They will just come later, possibly 3 months to one year down the line..

If this ends up a PS4/PC exclusive then that is a major coup for Sony. Major. It would make the Dead Rising, new Insomniac game, and Ryse decisions look comical by comparison. Not to mention that Sony targeted Deep Down. It seems like they're being smarter with how they spend their money.

I can recall Pachter(I think) and a few MS fanboys were saying pre-E3 how Xbone could win next gen early on with a GTA5 next gen version exclusive.

With that in mind it would be quite funny to see some sort of exclusivity for the game on PS4.

It's kinda sad that I could see myself buying 3 copies of this game if it's good enough.

Hell, I double dipped on GTA IV and I didn't even like it that much.

Aren't Sony doing a deal on PS3 games where you can upgrade to the PS4 version for a discounted price? Is GTA V on that list?

They haven't announced it's even coming for PS4 officially, so it's impossible to be at that list.

I believe the deal is only running for a limited period of time. Straight off the top of my head I know COD Ghosts is doing it, as is Battlefield 4, FIFA 14 may be aswell (or could just be some retailers, not Sony facilitating themselves), I know there's a few more.

edit: Beaten, but also Black Flag and Watch Dogs are having the deal.

KAL2006

Banned
If Sony make a announcement PS4 version is the only console that gets a next gen version, and people who bought the PS3 version get a discount, the could be a killer app.

Zephyrus

Banned
Shit, I might even do that too.

I can't pass up the mods on PC or the comfy-couch PS4 edition.

FUCK YOU TAKE2!

ban_000000cppb8.gif

OT: PS4? Hmm might have to double dip

you're all going to LOL when you look back at this topic a few months down the line. yeah, it won't come to xb1 bc it's 'too underpowered' (nm that it's on current gen consoles atm), or because 'r* OWES sony' (lol so let's give them next gen exclusivity to our BIGGEST moneymaker! Seems legit)

i'll enjoy playing it on my 360 and if it's as fun as it should be, it will go to my PC when the time is right. no reason to miss out on mods if i'm buying a 'next gen' version.

Saw a gta 5 commercial the other night and at the end it has "greatness awaits" written above the ps3 box. I'm sure they are just using that tag line on PlayStation branding, but for a second I I had to do a double take, thinking it was a ps4 ad.

Bah, just fucking announce it already. Do they really count on profits from a few people double dipping?

I just want to know how long I would have to wait for a PS4 version. Then I could decide if it's worth ignoring the PS3 version for it.

I was worried about the performance, but apparently they made a great job on PS360. Still, it could look even better with much better IQ.
Also, they probably won't re-release it bare-bone but add whatever DLC is out until then. I'm thinking that pre-order/CE/GTA Online stuff and more importantly SP episodes like with GTAIV.

I wouldnt look to far into the lack of X1. Probably just means Rockstar have been working more on PC / PS4 stuff. I have heard Sony and Rockstar are buddies again but not exclusive GTA buddies. Sony execs have been name dropping Rockstar in PS4 interviews.

Question is when? PC version logic would say 6-8 months? But maybe they will hold off a full year and do a full GOTY version with all the DLC.

sun-drop

i'd be cool with RS just dropping GTA online and a seperate DL on next gen ... i don't play games through twice, period.

Jobbs

Banned
If this ends up a PS4/PC exclusive then that is a major coup for Sony. Major. It would make the Dead Rising, new Insomniac game, and Ryse decisions look comical by comparison. Not to mention that Sony targeted Deep Down. It seems like they're being smarter with how they spend their money.

I think this is pretty premature... To keep this off of XB1 Sony would have to pay out every dollar they'd miss out on from XB1 sales and then some. For GTA5 this seems like a high price to pay, and if it was worth it, don't you think MS would have had the idea first? Now I'm confused.

Also, they probably won't re-release it bare-bone but add whatever DLC is out until then. I'm thinking that pre-order/CE/GTA Online stuff and more importantly SP episodes like with GTAIV.

tell me one good reason why they wouldn't release it bare bone. it makes no sense to hand people DLCs they would otherwise sell millions of for $15 a pop. to be nice since the game came out on another platform earlier? you're making them out to be more generous than they are. if it's not a 'complete edition' released waaaay later (which is won't be) i don't see it. there's no incentive.

if you're already desperate enough to pay $120 for both versions you will pump money for the DLC. and if you're a newcomer, you're an easy sell. doesn't make any business sense unless it was a complete edition.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'd probably get both PS4 and PC versions of this. I can't wait to play this that long so there's no holding back on the PS3 version.

omonimo

Banned
Very curious if R will add more graphic details on ps4. I mean, game surely lack of vegetation in different parts from what I have seen (grass seems totally absent in the city garden, there is a simple flat texture). Who knows.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
A PC version of it was pretty obvious eventually, but I'll be pretty surprised if it does come to next gen console(s) as well.

oneils

I was already fairly committed to waiting for the PC version. Plenty else to play in the meantime between Rayman Legends, Outlast, Amnesia, Batman etc.

But this solidifed it for me. All these people saying they will double or triple dip that is the exact reason they delay the improved versions. Suckers with no self control.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

If they buy the game on a second platform and never play it - you can argue they have no self control.

However, if they buy the game on a second platform and actually play it - I'd say you can't really argue they have no self control. They made a deliberate decision to play the game on both platforms.

And to the folks talking about The Agent, best compelling evidence I've found for thinking it still exists is Rockstar's own website:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/

Ivv.png

At least it is not an "Amazon Leak"

tell me one good reason why they wouldn't release it bare bone. it makes no sense to hand people DLCs they would otherwise sell millions of for $15 a pop. to be nice since the game came out on another platform earlier? you're making them out to be more generous than they are. if it's not a 'complete edition' released waaaay later (which is won't be) i don't see it. there's no incentive.

if you're already desperate enough to pay $120 for both versions you will pump money for the DLC. and if you're a newcomer, you're an easy sell. doesn't make any business sense unless it was a complete edition.

I wanted to say GTA IV re-release w/ episodes for PS3 as an example, but that happened after the release of the episodes... and way later anyway...

But usually late ports often had some of the DLC or other stuff included. Though that was mostly due to regulations like Sony has in place (if a 360 version came out first, the late port has to add something).
I guess there's not much we can base it on, cross-gen-ports of big games is kinda a new thing. The better graphics alone could be seen as the incentive to buy it.

Unless it will take a lot longer and they really do a complete edition in 2 years or so...
Episodes as DLC for PS360, Re-release of GTA5+Episodes on disc for PS4/XB1. But you're probably right, they wouldn't wait for that.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm absolutely going to get the eventual PS4/PC version, but I couldn't even imagine waiting for it right now.

Releases of games of this caliber happen like two, three times a generation. Half the fun of the game is going to be the worldwide zeitgeist going around for this game. Everyone discovering new stuff, discussing it in OT's and playing it with friends on the couch while it's still fresh,

Jumping in on the eventual port 6/12 months later will be way less rewarding when the initial wow-factor around the game has long passed.

hwy_61

Banned
I'd be shocked if it didn't come out for XONE.

Oh, and by the way, wasn't the PC port of GTA 4 a complete mess? I sure hope they have it right this time!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I already bought it on PS3.

Only way I'll buy a PS4 version is if GTA online really resonates with me, and the creation tools are powerful enough.

Top Bottom