• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Original JPN Dino Crisis 1& 2 Websites Are Still Up!

Jawmuncher

Was doing a bit of browsing today on Dino Crisis and just came across this goodness.
I'm sure not to many care but it's always pretty cool to see how far we've come.

Dino Crisis 1
http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/consumer/dino/index.html

Dino Crisis 2
http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/consumer/dino2/index.html

The DC2 website has a bit more meat than DC1 does. Also i found this image which I have absolutely never seen before.
ON8lonf.png

Here's Dino Crisis 3 which has a bunch of stuff actually
(As it should considering when it came out still pretty old school though)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/dino3/
DC3 still sucks though

Jawmuncher

I don't think any game series has ever died with such a crap title ending their legacy like Dino Crisis. It would be the equivalent of DMC having just the 3 PS2 games but with DMC2 being the final entry in the series anyone ever got.

Vamphuntr

I don't think any game series has ever died with such a crap title ending their legacy like Dino Crisis. It would be the equivalent of DMC having just the 3 PS2 games but with DMC2 being the final entry in the series anyone ever got.

Parasite Eve with PE2 or The Third Birthday if you count it. Both are awful. My main gripe with DC3 outside of the whole "dinosaurs in space thing" was that the camera made the game unplayable.

Korigama

Parasite Eve with PE2 or The Third Birthday if you count it. Both are awful. My main gripe with DC3 outside of the whole "dinosaurs in space thing" was that the camera made the game unplayable.
PEII wasn't awful, just different (difficult to avoid when they focused more on making it similar to Resident Evil, but with RPG elements). The soundtrack was a significant downgrade, though, thanks to no Yoko Shimomura.

The less said about T3B, the better.

Wow, does that ever bring back memories. These were some of my favorite games on PSone. I never played the third one, but I think that was because wasn't it on Xbox and not PlayStation? I know it was about dinosaurs in space or something, but was Regina referenced/in it?

I can't remember what happened at the end of DC2. I remember Regina swearing she would save Dylan by going through time or whatever, but did it come to a conclusion in game or not? I was thinking it didn't for some reason.

Jawmuncher

Maybe a little bit dear friend.

Not having been able to get around to DC2 before buying it off of PSN a good while back, I agree with this.

Glad you agree.

Wow, does that ever bring back memories. These were some of my favorite games on PSone. I never played the third one, but I think that was because wasn't it on Xbox and not PlayStation? I know it was about dinosaurs in space or something, but was Regina referenced/in it?

I can't remember what happened at the end of DC2. I remember Regina swearing she would save Dylan by going through time or whatever, but did it come to a conclusion in game or not? I was thinking it didn't for some reason.

Regina wasn't in DC3. Actually DC3 doesn't even mention the first 2 games at all. Thus why every fan says it never happened. the ending in DC2 never felt fully resolved. Seemed like a 3rd game would clarify but obviously that never happened.
(dc2 ending)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60qijJhoYM

Regina wasn't in DC3. Actually DC3 doesn't even mention the first 2 games at all. Thus why every fan says it never happened. the ending in DC2 never felt fully resolved. Seemed like a 3rd game would clarify but obviously that never happened.
(dc2 ending)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60qijJhoYM

Thanks for posting that. I thought I was right about it not getting resolved. I would love to have this series brought back, with Regina preferably. I still remember that specific music that played when you came to a safe room/save point. I was always like, "Oh thank goodness, I know this room isn't filled with dinos and I'm about out of ammo."

uh, sort of

dnjWU6o.jpg

Wait, what is this?? How come I've never heard of this before? Was this Japan exclusive perhaps?

soultron

Banned
Thanks for posting that. I thought I was right about it not getting resolved. I would love to have this series brought back, with Regina preferably. I still remember that specific music that played when you came to a safe room/save point. I was always like, "Oh thank goodness, I know this room isn't filled with dinos and I'm about out of ammo."

Wait, what is this?? How come I've never heard of this before? Was this Japan exclusive perhaps?

Came out in NA as "Dino Stalker,"

Also, another vote for DC2 being really fun. The only time I can remember a game almost completely switching genres and still being great fun. I'd recommend Parasite Eve 2 in the same way since it ditched RPG-lite for full-on combo-chaining action shooting and was much better for it.

Jawmuncher

It's not Japan exclusive but a GunCon game. Comparable to the likes Resident Evil Gun Survivor or Dead Aim. It isn't bad but it's not a typical DC game since it's more of a light gun game. The explanation is more of a pain so reading the wiki is a better bet on that one. While it's "Canon" it's another case of something that could easily be retconned and thus not required since it really doesn't add much.
http://dinocrisis.wikia.com/wiki/Dino_Stalker

soultron

Banned
It's not Japan exclusive but a GunCon game. Comparable to the likes Resident Evil Gun Survivor or Dead Aim. It isn't bad but it's not a typical DC game since it's more of a light gun game. The explanation is more of a pain so reading the wiki is a better bet on that one. While it's "Canon" it's another case of something that could easily be retconned and thus not required since it really doesn't add much.
http://dinocrisis.wikia.com/wiki/Dino_Stalker

I watched a bunch of it on YT the last time we had a Dino Crisis nostalgia thread and was suuuuper glad I didn't play it. It looked really bad. :(

Jawmuncher

I watched a bunch of it on YT the last time we had a Dino Crisis nostalgia thread and was suuuuper glad I didn't play it. It looked really bad. :(

Sadly its the best GunSurvivor fare for the most part. It's at least a game though that I wouldn't mind as part of the DC franchise. Unlike Space Dino's. when I finally play that chunk of garbage again ill do a whole thread on everything wrong with it.

Jawmuncher

Actually I never noticed it before but Capcom with it's US advertising never even mentions that Dino Stalker is related to Dino Crisis 2. Neither the Box Art nor Trailers make any mention of the connection. That's definitely a bit odd and i'm guessing has to do with something about DC3 being Xbox Exclusive (Even though that was supposed to come out on PS2 in it's early stages)

Top Bottom