• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vines are just mainstream ytmnds

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertPin

How the eff do you play Vine videos on the computer? Everytime someone links me to one, I feel mentally challenged because there is no play button.

Orayn

I really miss YTMND. YouTube kinda took over its role in many ways, which is kinda crazy in the way it reminds me how YouTube hasn't been around forever.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
w is the mainstream x
x is the mainstream y

please stop.

Might as well say youtube is the mainstream YTMND.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"holy fucking shit it's a dinosaur jesus christ what the fuck" is better than anything to come from a vine
I disagree.

OOOOOOOOOOO KILLLL'EM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfDRwSICWmU

tumblr_mtg0en8Bm21qzx3jto1_400.gif

Cousin terio

And then he gets his own song

3KJw0si.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UED4WqwNU1c

The power of social media.

RDreamer

Back in the day YTMND was amazing. That was before they labeled shit NSFW. I remember me and a few buddies used to huddle around the computer and point out ones to click on. It was like russian roulette but with dicks. Never knew whether you'd get spinning penises or a pikachu. Fucking loved it.

For some reason this was always my friend and my favorite.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Apparently if you mute a Vine it'll mute again next time you load one. Which is good. I keep them muted right off and turn it on if I really feel like wasting 7 seconds watching a video.

Punch the keys for god's sake.

PUNCH GOD FOR CHEESECAKE.

There was a variation of the "3...2...1... Godspeed" gif on YTMND that substituted Hanks' head with Sam Neill's from Event Horizon. As the "OOOAAAAHHHH" kicked in, Hanks' thrusters failed, and he crashed into a bush and exploded.

I laughed for DAYS.

My favorite YTMND was totally not safe - it was a loop of "Hollaback Girl," specifically the part that went "This shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s. THIS SHIT IS BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" The imagery was a woman firing a banana out of her butthole at a high rate of speed at a person trying to catch it in their mouth. It misses and ricochets off their cheek and out of frame.

And then it loops.

Forkball

I spent a lot of time on YTMND in its heyday. New memes popped up almost daily, and there are a ton of creative parodies and crossovers. It was also a good way to find new music. I remember I created a YTMND and it got 20k views in a day and was on the front page. The next day, however, there was a server mess up and a ton of sites got deleted. I reuploaded the YTMND but it never touched even close to 20k views.

I spent a lot of time on YTMND in its heyday. New memes popped up almost daily, and there are a ton of creative parodies and crossovers. It was also a good way to find new music. I remember I created a YTMND and it got 20k views in a day and was on the front page. The next day, however, there was a server mess up and a ton of sites got deleted. I reuploaded the YTMND but it never touched even close to 20k views.
Link it!

I remember when YTMND was huge. Then YouTube happened and it died. I still kinda miss when it was popular, though Vine does seem like a modernization of the concept in some respects.

YTMND was my jam back in the day. I still have, like, Volume 1 - 16 of their "official" soundtracks.

I agree with the OP.

So I'm not the only one! A friend and I used to listen to them in my car pretty much every time we went out somewhere. I still remember the two disc Volume 10 being the biggest hit for us I believe. Last time we hung out last month the topic came up and I ended up redownloading them all again for the next time we hang out and drive anywhere. Good memories.

Holy shit - I think that "bananas" gif I was talking about was dickcream, not YTMND.

Wow. Didn't even remember that existed until you typed it.

bumping this because I found this archive of some dickcreams (warning some nsfw and are labeled as such).

http://archives.pooploops.com/dickcream/
they are under the history section (avoid the VVV page , its flash movie tries to redirect the browser).

warning a loud music
http://archives.pooploops.com/dickcream/history/0405/

*waves hand*
you now feel 10 years younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom