• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rod Fergusson launching new studio for Take-Two's 2K Games

myxe2VJ.png

https://twitter.com/GearsViking/status/383298547904286721

Crawl

Speaking of 2K Marin, they have been hiring for an "FPS RPG" that doesn't seem to be a new IP, and that's how Irrational lists job postings for BioShock.

Steampunk Gears of Waroshock.

OR Spec ops the Line 2 featuring Rod Fergusson as a playable character..

Whatever it is will end up being great.

Was Rod essentially the sole reason why the ship was righted during Infinite's development fiasco? Or was there more to it? I'm assuming a little of both.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Whatever it is will end up being great.

Was Rod essentially the sole reason why the ship was righted during Infinite's development fiasco? Or was there more to it? I'm assuming a little of both.

Sole reason would be kind of a large statement, but he was there to make sure they project became shippable and had proper quality control at the end.

Rod to 2k

Capps to Remedy

It's pretty clear these guys just didn't like the direction that Epic was going in rather than wanting to pursue anything drastically different. Both of those studios are just AAA houses.

damn

Speaking of 2K Marin, they have been hiring for an "FPS RPG" that doesn't seem to be a new IP, and that's how Irrational lists job postings for BioShock.
I'd be ok with a 2K Marin Bioshock Infinite 2. There's a good chance it's be better than the last one, and I certainly don't want them making a Bureau sequel (haha).

This is pretty cool news. The Gears trilogy and Biohock Infinite are some of my favorite games this gen. I'm looking forward to seeing what this game ends up being.

Top Bottom