• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PC specs (x64 only, Quad Core minimum, recommended 8-core and 2GB VRAM)

Skeff

None of the intel CPU's listed are 8 cores... unless Hyperthreading counts?

Our i7 2600k's will be fine. Tear for the i5 owners though.

They'll be fine, For me this means my i5 2500k simply needs some water cooling whilst I push it to 5Ghz, not ideal, but worth it for the pretty games.

Lautaro

I don't know about you, guys, but I'll wait to know if the game is actually good before upgrading my PC.

I
'll probably upgrade anyway, I'm weak.

Holy shit. The graphics card specs are reasonable but the CPU specs are crazy. I would have expected the opposite with the new gen.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I wonder why it is so CPU bound when the nextgen consoles have such relatively low powered CPU's.

This unless they are making some massive improvements in graphics, performance or overall engine abilities makes no sense at all considering that fact.

Skeff

Devs don't even utilize quad cores to their maximum, why the fuck should eight cores be a requirement? Sounds like some BS to me.

A high end quardcore will outperform any low eightcore by far.

Because they've been designing this game from the ground up for 8 cores due to PS4/XB1.

fuck. Unless they put a 30fps limiter on this... damn it I need this on pc :(

But then... what the hell am i gonna do with a ps4 i have preordered T_T

I'm not desperate enough to buy a killzone game, but... idk.

prag16

Banned
8 core recommended? The fuck?

Even though any i5 beats the piss out of the PS4/xbone CPUs?

They kidding? Or is this going to be a poorly optimized piece of garbage??

Tenck

Devs don't even utilize quad cores to their maximum, why the fuck should eight cores be a requirement? Sounds like some BS to me.

Yeah this is something I don't get either. Are they going to ignore optimizing for quad cores and brute force stuff now?

SpyGuy239

8 core?

8GB ram?

You're kidding right. Even with 64bit, I doubt you would need 8GB ram?!

And so only AMD processors then since INtel has no 8 Core?!

I don't even...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wait I have a 3770k ivy bridge and it's only four cores, not eight.

Begaria

I was already planning to upgrade from my AMD 5850HD to a new card this month (probably the R9-280X - don't care if it's a rebrand, it's a price drop!). It'll totally be worth it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
We pc gamers have been living the good life for a while, running console current gen games at higher res and framerates with affordable rigs. I think things are going to change :/

jet1911

Hmmm. I have an i5 2500k (3.3GHz) and a GTX560.

I need a new GPU and new fans to overclock my CPU to at least 4GHz. Not bad!

With those recommended specs they better deliver an amazing looking game running at 60fps though.

siddhu33

This 8 core thing sounds like an AMD partnership, to be honest... But I do have a GTX 670, so the VRAM should be fine...

I would have laughed if they said the recommended was 8GB GDDR5.

Lum1n3s

I so confused about this!!!!! >< I just bought my i5 4670K this past weekend and now they're saying we're going to need 8 cores? What is this travesty!?!?!?! Should I just go back and return it for the i7 4770k?!??!?!

Skeff

Thats 8 weak cores though.

but still 8 cores, weak or not, the game is made for 8 cores, of course 8 faster cores will run it much faster, but because the 8 cores are weaker actually means they'll have to make it work across as many as possible.

Games are finally going to be optimized for a lot of cores, which is a good thing, of course a 4 core very powerful CPU will run it fine though.

EDIT: about the 2 cores reserved, no idea if thats true for oboth consoles and if it is, it might be 2 physically reserved or it could just be 1/4 of each core reserved and still spreading across 8 cores.

skdoo

Banned
Well, I may be building a new PC after SteamOS comes out. We will see, because it will DEFINITELY not have Windows 8 on it.

LCGeek

formerly sane
We pc gamers have been living the good life for a while, running console current gen games at higher res and framerates with affordable rigs. I think things are going to change :/

or maybe ubisoft is just not optimizing half as much as they do for consoles. When benchmarks on multiplatforms come out we will know the truth on the subject considering what is in the current next gen machines. If that's the case just like in another ubisoft topic talking about their pc presence they I will gladly be ignoring most of their products for better developed ones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would need to upgrade most of my PC to play next-gen games at a decent performance... a new GPU, a new CPU, more RAM a better power supply to manage all this... Ugh... Stuff like this makes me want to buy a PS4 instead.

Top Bottom