• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two *Off-screen* High Resolution Images of Battlefield 4 Running on Xbox One

FeiRR

Banned
A rather obvious take on that shot.
5LXzjnL.jpg

model13

Kinect is not a requirement for this game. However if you enable the Kinect leaning and Kinect cannot see you, you are going to get an errror. What is surprising about this?

Regarding the image quality, Im not saying BF4 is going to look great, but why don't we wait untill direct feed images are released before shitting on it.

GetemMa

How does my Laptop output a better looking BF4 than the XboxOne?

Intel i5-3210m @ 2.5 Ghz (Dual Core w/ Hyperthreading)
Nvidia 660m w/ 2 GB GDDR5
8 GB RAM DDR3

What the hell did MS put in that box?

So glad I preordered PS4. No Regrets. Even with the lack luster launch titles.

Raide

The time after Xbone launch when the ugly truth will be fully revealed is going to be glorious.

This could either be "Damn its ugly" or "Damn that is way better than we thought." Either way, the launch should be interesting to see.

Despite PS4 being more powerful than Xbox, I don't think we're going to see a much better product. I think DICE had enough time to port the game to both platforms running at minimum capacity. I would imagine their next game will show more of the bells & whistles.

Ubersnug

Despite PS4 being more powerful than Xbox, I don't think we're going to see a much better product. I think DICE had enough time to port the game to both platforms running at minimum capacity. I would imagine their next game will show more of the bells & whistles.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if title updates that are released post-launch will shine and buff any areas of the game they couldn't get done before the game has to go Gold.

Quick question, has AMD said anything about mantle targeting next gen consoles as well? Would be interesting if the consoles see a marginal performance boost if we do get Mantle support, if that is the case.

retrobeans

Neo Member
This is exactly what the game looked like when I played it at Eurogamer. Really fun, but graphically unimpressive.

Regardless, have it pre-ordered anyway!

peter

Banned
I think they should have waited a couple years. Current gen is still getting good gfx out there consoles. I feel like this is rushed.

Judging by the size of the HUD it's definitely 720p, oh well I guess I have to skip BF4 and get the next sequel.

Well that's absolutely not true for a start as an interview with Andrew Goossen (system architect) reveals the layered upscaling tech that always allows for 1080p HUD elements.

banjo5150

Tracking lost. Reposition yourself in the Kinect sensor window.

Woah I thought this was a joke. LOL I am on my phone I zoomed in on the pic and saw that message on screen.
Kinect seems like it is something half baked, and Microsoft will not stop pushing this thing like it is the best thing since sliced bread.

skdoo

Banned
Wow, TLoU actually looks better than that does I think, when you are up on the rooftops. It certainly isn't even in the same galaxy as KZ is when it comes to graphics.

tkalamba

Wow, TLoU actually looks better than that does I think, when you are up on the rooftops. It certainly isn't even in the same galaxy as KZ is when it comes to graphics.

That's not even a proper comparison... you are using two games that don't even have anywhere near the scale or player counts of Battlefield. Last of Us is pretty linear, and pretty much a closed environment compared to BF4 which makes rendering pretty graphics much easier.

HUDs and Gamplay can be rendered separately. So the HUD most likely is 1080p and won't say anything about the resolution of the gameplay layer.

oh...i thought it will be similar to PC version of battlefield where the HUD size decrease if you increase the resolution.

skdoo

Banned
tkalamba -

The xbone is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Either we have diminishing returns, or developers are REALLY struggling with the box.

Skeff

That's not even a proper comparison... you are using two games that don't even have anywhere near the scale or player counts of Battlefield. Last of Us is pretty linear, and pretty much a closed environment compared to BF4 which makes rendering pretty graphics much easier.

Well TLoU is on 7 year old $200 hardware, not a $500 dollar next gen console....so....I suppose that could be considered far more important than the difference in scale.

tkalamba

tkalamba -

The xbone is supposed to be SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Either we have diminishing returns, or developers are REALLY struggling with the box.

We're also looking at Alpha builds which could be far from polished. This game will likely look better at release for both consoles.

People judged BF3 on console the same way during betas and the like, and the game ended up releasing with higher res texture packs. The 360 version had a massive HD texture install that was something like 7GB, the beta build was just over 1GB.

Something tells me the builds used during shows and whatnot are not using full installs with all assets.

Top Bottom