• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of new The Order 1886 details

Status
Not open for further replies.
-You play as the mustached guy, Sir Galahad

Fuck Yeah! Dude looks like a boss.

the-order-1886-21409-1920x1080.jpg

Why can't we see the pics Shinobi?

Tobor

This one sounds really strange. I wonder if it means there are interactive aspects of the environments which only become apparent when in this mode, such as a steam pipe you can shoot.

I'm imaging being pinned down by a monster, and looking right or left for something to bash him with. That sort of thing. Doesn't make sense in third person, though. Maybe the QTE's are first person?

So any news if this is gonna be like God of War? aka hack n slash with puzzles?

It's not that I don't like hack n slash games, but I'd rather it be less enemies who are harder to take care of. In that matter Gears of War is a shooting gallery game.

-Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge

This sounds cool.... for some reason I think of the Robert Downy Jr. "Sherlock" movies with the fight scenes that slow down and are broken up by each action...

Would be cool if it's like that... Rotate camera... find pipe on wall highlight and click to rip off wall and smash baddie with... or find cement ledge... highlight to perform a smash in the face etc.

Oppo

Sir Galahad looks like a young Swearengen.

Soft bodied mustache rendering is next gen's water

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

Perkel

Banned
Everything in the world is rendered with soft body physics
Metal beams react for example to magnetic forces, bending and shifting in real time

DEM NEXT GEN.
Fuck that is amazing feature. It basically means Everything can be destroyed

Squire

Banned
So any news if this is gonna be like God of War? aka hack n slash with puzzles?

It's not that I don't like hack n slash games, but I'd rather it be less enemies who are harder to take care of. In that matter Gears of War is a shooting gallery game.

It's a TPS. It's going to play close to Gears, most likely.

Vidpixel

Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge

Hmm, this actually sounds pretty interesting.

Fabrik

Banned
Graphics graphics graphics. Yawn. Not a single mention of an interesting gameplay mechanic. "It's all about the experience" (TM). That's AAAA for you I guess.

VeeP

Really hoping to get an awesome multiplayer. Something similar to Gears 1 or 3. Would be awesome.

IcyEyes

Awesome news ! This game sounds incredible interesting.
I really hope in a co-op and/or multiplayer component !

Raptor

So this is the thread "official Order" thread or the other one?

Anyway I hope that lightning gun or something has the force of the one in District 9, that explodes people on contact with gore and pieces flying all over, yes baby!!

Premise sounds exactly up my alley, I just hope the gameplay matches up. Though if its being compared to Gears than that's a good sign, I love the combat in Gears but... I also love the co-op in Gears so RAD don't you give us 4 main characters and no co-op action now! That would be pretty damn disapppoint for me

Also hopefully its not super super linear, Metro style linear is more than fine... I just want to look around ye olde London a bit!

Servbot24

Banned
It all looks really good, I'm just worried that it's going to have generic TPS gameplay. Hopefully we get a gameplay trailer before too long.

Binabik15

Sounds good. I want my knight to ride down some half-people and skewer the with a lance, though.

Regarding the cloth shader: God damn. You can see that the lower two buttons aren't seperatly modeled, but the rest looks real.

Perkel

Banned
Graphics graphics graphics. Yawn. Not a single mention of an interesting gameplay mechanic. "It's all about the experience" (TM). That's AAAA for you I guess.

Everything is rendered with Soft Body Physics = almost everything can be destroyed. That is game-play changing thing.

Oppo

This seems overly cynical. It's a visual medium, dude. Plus they did talk about mechanics, at least the melee thing.

Don't make me make a catsuit joke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom