• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "unprecedented" Pokémon game in development (Pikachu-related?)

A true Pikachu raising simulator.

Or at least, that's what I like. A game that would affect Pikachu's popularity would likely be a game that affected Pikachu's popularity negatively. I'm not sure that Pikachu can become more popular than they are now.

Still, after Pokemon Yellow, I've always dreams of a true Pikachu raising simulator.

A true Pikachu raising simulator.

Or at least, that's what I like. A game that would affect Pikachu's popularity would likely be a game that affected Pikachu's popularity negatively. I'm not sure that Pikachu can become more popular than they are now.

Still, after Pokemon Yellow, I've always dreams of a true Pikachu raising simulator.

I fail to see how the game where me and Pikachu watch TV all day and make impulse purchases on QVC doesn't count as a true "Pikachu raising simulator".

TreIII

I can already feel it:

dH1HRCT.jpg

Pokken official reveal where Pikachu gets a fighting type evo to participate in the game?

Hey you guys.

Remember when this appeared?

kZ2jv0p.jpg

Seems a number of us are on the same page, here! :lol

I, for one, can't wait. Smash is one thing, but Pokkén, possibly made by Project Soul?

That would be the kind of game that would get instant "main game" status from me. I wouldn't be able to throw money at the screen any harder...

KHlover

Banned
game freak can't even get stereoscopic 3d to universally work on the 3ds with a stable frame rate. c'mon guys.

That's why this game will be co-developed by Genius Sonority. Say what you want about Pokemon Colosseum and XD, the graphics were stunning at the time, especially the Special Effects (The Flamethrower animation is some of the nicest looking fire I've ever seen in a game!)

Jokes aside, they're probably just going to make pikachu a little less cute and more rough around the edges and whatever. More baditude.

Lunar15

Pikachu in a fighting game isn't "unprecedented", though, since we have Smash Bros.

However, for some reason, I do kind of feel like it's Pokken.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Open world Pikachu adventure action platformer calling it now.

yeah right

JoeM86

What is said on that site is:

"He was working on a game this summer, which would change/modify Pikachu... but since there are many people who have loved pikachu for many years, he was/is worried that it's popularity could drop all it once if don't done right. What was his decision at that time?"

Could easily be talking about XY and making it speak (which is also referenced according to one of my translators)... Don't get your hopes up. I'll watch it when it's on on the 28th, but honestly, I wouldn't get hopes up.

They SHOULD do a full Pokemon RPG for the console to go alongside X and Y. They won't... but they should.

And none of that Pokemon Colosseum crap.

RaikuHebi

Banned

"He was working on a game this summer, which would change/modify Pikachu... but since there are many people who have loved pikachu for many years, he was/is worried that it's popularity could drop all it once if don't done right. What was his decision at that time?"

Could easily be talking about XY... Don't get your hopes up. I'll watch it when it's on on the 28th, but honestly, I wouldn't get hopes up.
In that case it's a Mega.

DaBoss

Could easily be talking about XY and making it speak (which is also referenced according to one of my translators)... Don't get your hopes up. I'll watch it when it's on on the 28th, but honestly, I wouldn't get hopes up.
Mega Pikachu

Kiryu

My guesses:
A crossover with a more mature franchise like MH
A more mature Pokemon spinoff game
Mega Pikachu
A game in which Pikachu is doing something wrong(like a thieving Pikachu)
Fighting game

Pikachu would make more sense because they could make more money off merchandise with a Mega Pikachu and this way Ash's Pikachu can gain the ability to Mega Evolve in the anime to further push merchandise.
Then would that be "gimmick" idea of Mega form to sell Pokemon?

I just hope they're not going to ruin Pikachu.

I know they can't make Pikachu more popular than Pikachu already is. So that has me worried.

Top Bottom