• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Update: Confirmed for PS3/PC] Rumor - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Releasing on PC

RedSwirl

Okay.

Maybe if they take away the shiny platforming indicators, let you actually fail, and increase the combat difficulty by about two levels.

benzy

It hasn't been released on PC yet? For some reason I think I remember high-res shots of the game being posted in the PC Screenshots thread...

Artorias

Banned
Hahaha. I'm sure they will make a few bucks, but at what cost?!

Just an FYI, this is probably the worst game I played this gen. I beat it on Hard in 5 hours. There is so little actual interaction that it's nearly impossible to reach a fail state on most levels.

It's shockingly bad. The ending made me laugh so hard I had to replay the part to let somebody in the other room watch it.

-MD-

Really wish this woulda got a sequel.

Shit like Army of Two gets a bunch of sequels why can't this?

Haunted

so late, so late.

Still, good for archival purposes and some more screenshot goodness if nothing else.

This was actually one of those hidden gems to me that I loved completely unexpectedly. I avoided it when it originally came because of bad word of mouth, but I picked it up months later when the price was slashed and had a great time with it. Granted, it's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.

Grief.exe

Please let this be true. I briefly owned the PS3 version of this game and enjoyed it immensely. The post-apocalyptic world was beautiful. I only scratched the surface, but I'd love to add it to my Steam library.

Just waiting on official confirmation from NT or Namco, seems all but confirmed at this point.

Birbo

Really enjoyed this game. Trip has possibly the best ass in gaming history. Will double-dip the first Steam sale it gets.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Loved the weirdo ending. That would maybe be pretty interesting to see in super hi-res.

antitrop

This gets a port but RDR doesn't. *ragequits the Internet*
I think the long standing rumored reason for the lack of a RDR port is because the final code that was released on the consoles was an absolute mess and would have required more work than reasonable to port over to PC.

I believe that. I believe "held together with duct tape" was the term used.

Grief.exe

I knew if I waited long enough, it would come to me!

I just want MGS4, and I'll be set!

Konami seems to be going all in on PC at this point. With Castlevania:LoS, PES, Rising, and LoS2, I would be surprised if we don't see the MGS series at some point.
I can't believe that Konami is not working on an x86/x64 port of MGS Legacy Collection for next-gen and PC right now.

I think the long standing rumored reason for the lack of a RDR port is because the final code that was released on the consoles was an absolute mess and would have required more work than reasonable to port over to PC.

I believe that.

That's believable. GTA4's PC port is one of the most poorly optimized big budget games I've played.

Mileena

Banned
I bet this made like 4 peoples day

Why can't this be a game not made by Ninja Theory instead. Especially if Namco funded it like that image suggests instead of TTT2.

squall23

Is the game essentially Journey to the West + sci-fi or does the game only take the main characters but change up the story? As in, are there more than just the main 4 characters such as a bull demon or a spider demon?

antitrop

pretty much

I wanna say Bayonetta too since PS3 version :/

At least there's a respectable version of Bayonetta that can be played.

Vanquish is 720p/30fps either way you go, game deserves so much better than that. It's a locked 30fps, so the game still feels okay on consoles, but a game like that just needs the smoothness of 60fps.

Edgeward

I'd double dip on a steamsale. Would be nice to play this on 1080 with no maddening screen tearing. Game is gorgeous on consoles could only imagine it on a PC. drools

Mileena

Banned
At least there's a respectable version of Bayonetta that can be played.

Vanquish is 720p/30fps either way you go, game deserves so much better than that. It's a locked 30fps, so the game still feels okay on consoles, but a game like that just needs the smoothness of 60fps.

yea but 360 :/

I agree tho, 60fps + m/kb would make Vanquish top 5 shooter campaign status probably

bebop242

I wanted to like the PS3 version, and coming from someone who doesn't nitpick over framerate, the framerate in this game made me want to puke.

delta25

Banned
Release a game that's bombed everywhere else on PC so it can bomb again and never release anything else

God damn it

It didn't bomb because it was a bad game, it bomb because it came out at a time when Black ops, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Reach were on the market or soon to be released . Its a great game and if they can keep the development cost low in porting to the PC, I don't see any reason why this is a bad idea.

Grief.exe

Vanquish.

Along with Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption, they form the Holy Trinity of "Y NO PC PORT?".

You would be so proud of me, courtesy of Craigslist

LFfhPPv.jpg

RedSwirl

It hasn't been released on PC yet? For some reason I think I remember high-res shots of the game being posted in the PC Screenshots thread...

The Dead End Thrills guy got a hold of a debug version of the game I believe. Same thing happened with Gears of War 3.

Going with PS3 games, I would probably pick a Valkyrie Chronicles over a MGS4, honestly.

Yeah. A strategy game would probably make more sense for the PC market, even if it is total anime style.

Demon's Souls is a Sony published project in tandem with it's in-house dev Japan Studio. Atlus simply picked up the localization.

Ah, what a shame.

Well there is Sony Online Entertainment (EverQuest, PlanetSide 2, etc.). Theoretically they could operate a PC version on their servers.

And Atlus didn't even localize the game. The Asian version already contained English support (and all versions have English VAs). Atlus basically just printed the North American discs.

Grief.exe

Nice choices, you might wanna take a look on Catherine as well, it's $15 on PSN right now.

I have MGS4, God of War Collection, and Uncharted 2 as well.

I will be picking up ZoE HD, MGS Legacy Collection, Last of Us, and possibly Beyond Two Souls as well. Probably will play through Last of Us first, since that is a huge GOTY contender.

BPoole

No doubt it will look gorgeous on PC but I quit playing after about 3 hours. The combat is just too shallow and the platforming was pretty much automatic

Animator

One of the worst games I have ever played. Don't get this unless it is $5 on a steam sale which it will be two months after release if not sooner.

Top Bottom