• @NeoGAF

angular graphics
(10-11-2013, 12:46 PM)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/karen-br...dge/11/859/4a3

Costume Designer
House of Moves

November 2012 – January 2013 (3 months) Los Angeles

Costume Designer for the video game Resident Evil 7

House of Moves is a Motion Capture and Animation studio. (eg Epic's testimonial: “House of Moves did mo-cap clean up, targeting, facial and secondary animation for Gears of War 3. They were by far the best vendor we've ever had.)
sakipon
(10-11-2013, 12:48 PM)
Shocking news? Why wouldn't they keep on working on the series?
E92 M3
(10-11-2013, 12:48 PM)
I better not see mechs in RE 7, Capcom.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(10-11-2013, 12:49 PM)

Originally Posted by E92 M3

I better not see ANYTHING from RE6 in RE7, Capcom.
Binabik15
(10-11-2013, 12:50 PM)
They ain't got time to bleed look at all the criticism levelled against RE6.
ComputerMKII
(10-11-2013, 12:50 PM)
Do we really need that many Resident Evils?
Prince Vultan
Banned
(10-11-2013, 12:51 PM)
So 6 was still fresh in their heads when 7 got underway?

That's not encouraging.
freshmendontod

Ugh, I already see them going in this direction. Some type of corporate- produced diseased half robot/ half human enemy.
Steverulez
Hopefully a return to form, I played RE5 and enjoyed it but really hated 6 and didn't finish it.
Wereroku
(10-11-2013, 12:52 PM)
So confirmation that it will be terrible? I hope they take the criticism into mind.
Aussie Legend
Banned
(10-11-2013, 12:52 PM)
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, let's just hope they took the reception to RE6 to heart
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(10-11-2013, 12:53 PM)
I hope to dear god they revert back to the classic Resident Evil formula. RE4 was amazing, but Capcom took all the wrong lessons from it and strung the series along its trend-chasing action route.

I just finished Resident Evil 6 and let me tell you, if I have to endure another longwinded, painful, unfun mess of a game like that again I'm going to be fuming. Just one mention of "chasing the Call of Duty crowd" from any Capcom exec and I'm bloody well done with the series.
Neff
Understands Art
Capcom never really stops making RE, since it's their biggest franchise. If you consider that they made a huge bulk of RE6 in secrecy, and that RE6 is now almost a year old, it's very likely that they've taken big strides toward the next installment.

If costume design merely refers to the game's motion capture costumes in this case, then an outside source is quite plausible.

In-game though, write it off as an error or a lie.

edit: I'm the first guy in this thread who liked RE6 smh
ilnadmy

Originally Posted by ComputerMKII

Do we really need that many Resident Evils?

Yes.

GIVE ME MOAR.
E92 M3
(10-11-2013, 12:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Yoshichan

While I agree with, most likely Capcom will be stubborn and ask Michael Bay for advice.

Originally Posted by freshmendontod

Ugh, I already see them going in this direction. Some type of corporate- produced diseased half robot/ half human enemy.

Head Office at Capcome: "Hello, Mr. President, I think we should have cyborg ninjas in RE7 - Metal Gear Rising was very popular."
ClearData
(10-11-2013, 12:54 PM)
It doesn't sound like a game that's going to be take in all the criticism of Resident Evil 6 in. That's an incredibly fast turnaround if true.
ubersticky
(10-11-2013, 12:55 PM)
booo. i really wanted them to do more DLC for 6. but at the same time, yay!
MavFan619
(10-11-2013, 12:55 PM)
I wish want more RE but I think Re6 burned me out. I'd still buy it like a sucker :(
Bending_Unit_22
(10-11-2013, 12:56 PM)
I expect call of evil, you play HUNK and his team mowing down waves of endless zombies in a scripted linear near corridor shooter. 90% of the effort will be in the multiplayer which will have a zombie mode.
legacyzero
(10-11-2013, 12:58 PM)
Now with FOUR PLAYER CO-OP!

Seriously Capcom. Please do it right this time... RE6 was terrible.
Globox_82
Banned
(10-11-2013, 01:01 PM)
RE6 was such a mediocre game. This comes from someone who completed every campaign in it.
Neff
Understands Art
(10-11-2013, 01:01 PM)
Capcom has already said that they're going back to the source material with 7, since, while RE6 sold well, it wasn't as well-regarded as the older titles, to the point of being outright misunderstood.

RE6 wasn't terrible, it just wasn't what people wanted.
The perfect Dark
(10-11-2013, 01:02 PM)
They'll bring back survival.
Buy three green herbs for 0,99 $ on psn to survive the first out of ten fights against Wesker.
One fight at the end of each chapter. New mutations every time. Fun guaranteed.
UltraGunner
(10-11-2013, 01:02 PM)
I think we all know how this is gonna go: Capcom says they've learned their lesson from the previous game, promises to go 'back to the roots of the series', show a promising trailer that sways the fanbase, release gameplay footage of lots of shootbang, promises 'multiple ways to play for every fan of the series', game comes out, its shit, it gets ravaged by fans who wish death on Capcom, fans say they will never buy another resi game again, repeat process until eventual series reboot.
cj_iwakura
(10-11-2013, 01:03 PM)
I liked 5 & 6, but for the love of god, remove co-op.
Mr_Zombie
(10-11-2013, 01:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Yoshichan

So... you don't want to see zombies in RE6? Fuck you. :(
ron_bato
(10-11-2013, 01:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Steverulez

Hopefully a return to form, I played RE5 and enjoyed it but really hated 6 and didn't finish it.

How far did you get? I finished Jake's campaign by sheer force of will, then I started up Chris' campaign and played for an hour, and knew I couldn't take any more of that crap so I moved on to Leon's campaign before I just completely lost interest.
Courage
(10-11-2013, 01:05 PM)
Was that logo before E3 ever proven to be fake?
angular graphics
(10-11-2013, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Courage

Was that logo before E3 ever proven to be fake?

No but you have to ask? :-P Nothing about it seemed even remotely real.
Sojgat
(10-11-2013, 01:08 PM)
Please keep the combat system from RE6.
Neo Zuko
(10-11-2013, 01:08 PM)
I'm getting the Wii Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 4 for Wii, Revelations for PC, but beyond that I'm just not sure anymore on this series. The PSone classics are a bit dated and the modern ones like Code Veronica/5/6 are not as good as those two Wii entries.
Chinner
(10-11-2013, 01:09 PM)
the series is absolute shit now, rather spend my money elsewhere for a much superior experience. still, hoping capcom turns it around.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(10-11-2013, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Chinner

the series is absolute shit now, rather spend my money elsewhere for a much superior experience. still, hoping capcom turns it around.

Speaking of money... I spent $2100 on this shit. Still less than cvxfreak, but god damn that's a lot of money that could've gone to charity... or anything at all, actually :_:
Trick_GSF
(10-11-2013, 01:10 PM)
No more co-op. Stick that garbage in Mercs and let the single player be single again. Fuck waiting for shitty AI to turn a crack or whatever.
Shotgun Kiss
(10-11-2013, 01:11 PM)
RE6 was so fucking bad, that I've lost all goodwill for the series. I couldn't give a shit if RE7 launches tomorrow or when hell freezes over.
E92 M3
(10-11-2013, 01:13 PM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

I liked 5 & 6, but for the love of god, remove co-op.

Originally Posted by Trick_GSF

No more co-op. Stick that garbage in Mercs and let the single player be single again. Fuck waiting for shitty AI to turn a crack or whatever.

Yes, co-op has no business in a real RE game. There could be plenty of other modes that accompany it.
AHA-Lambda
(10-11-2013, 01:21 PM)
oh god...

ResidentDante
(10-11-2013, 01:22 PM)

Zombie mechs and stone boulder quicktime bashing! I'm calling it!
kewlmyc
(10-11-2013, 01:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ilnadmy

Yes.

GIVE ME MOAR.

I see no bias in this post. :P

Resident Evil is one of the few series that I think actually needs a reboot. Badly. Unless the formula is changed severely, I'm looking forward to "The Evil Within" more.
CadetMahoney
(10-11-2013, 01:28 PM)

Originally Posted by freshmendontod

I already see them going in this direction. Some type of corporate- produced diseased half robot/ half human enemy.

wouldn't surprise me.
TheBigG753
(10-11-2013, 01:31 PM)
No hope left.
Acquiescence
(10-11-2013, 01:33 PM)
If lessons have been learnt, then it won't be the absolute clusterfuck Resi 6 turned out to be. Tone down the co-op (considerably!), cut out the flab and make a more concise campaign, and bring back the survival-horror. There you go Capcom, it's not that difficult.
Alienous
Banned
(10-11-2013, 01:35 PM)
Take the action down a notch.

Panta Rhei.

This could be something great.

Originally Posted by legacyzero

Now with FOUR PLAYER CO-OP!

Seriously Capcom. Please do it right this time... RE6 was terrible.

I know you're being sarcastic, but 4 players having to rely on each other in a true survival horror game would be awesome. Characters have to split up, find each other (no HUD telling you where they are) , complete their own objectives while trying to survive as a group.

It just needs to be executed well.
Last edited by Alienous; 10-11-2013 at 01:40 PM.
sacrificengineer
(10-11-2013, 01:37 PM)
That's not a good sign. They better get it right this time.
Diablos54
(10-11-2013, 01:38 PM)
As long as they ignore the terrible RE5/6, then I'll be happy.

But we all know they won't so... Don't really care! And to think, RE's future was looking so bright after RE4 re-energized the series.
Rei_Toei
Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
(10-11-2013, 01:44 PM)

Originally Posted by UltraGunner

I think we all know how this is gonna go: Capcom says they've learned their lesson from the previous game, promises to go 'back to the roots of the series', show a promising trailer that sways the fanbase, release gameplay footage of lots of shootbang, promises 'multiple ways to play for every fan of the series', game comes out, its shit, it gets ravaged by fans who wish death on Capcom, fans say they will never buy another resi game again, repeat process until eventual series reboot.

So Resident Evil has succumbed to the Sonic cycle. Sad world we live in.

Originally Posted by Alienous

Take the action down a notch.

Panta Rhei.

This could be something great.

I know you're being sarcastic, but 4 players having to rely on each other in a true survival horror game would be awesome. Characters have to split up, find each other (no HUD telling you where they are) , complete their own objectives while trying to survive as a group.

It just needs to be executed well.

It could actually be amazing when there's like a really limited amount of bullets and you bicker about sharing it equally. And murder team mates for items when shit is really hitting the fan: Sure, we'll manage just fine without Billy. Three's a crowd anyway. And he has a lot of shotgun shells but really poor aiming". Now that's survival horror.
Last edited by Rei_Toei; 10-11-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Kuraudo
(10-11-2013, 01:44 PM)
Yeah, this series went from being my all time favourite to something I don't care about in the space of about a year. Resi 6 is responsible for a large part of that, but Revelations and Damnation share a lot of the blame. Nobody at Capcom seems to have a clear vision of what this series should be. Not got a whole lot of hope to see the series redeemed.

Fake edit: forgot about Operation Raccoon City. What a clusterfuck that was.
mrback
(10-11-2013, 01:45 PM)
I'd really like them to start again with Resi, the thought of going back to the original mansion but with fresh puzzles & enemies would be great. The tagline could be 'you hoped you'd never go back' something like that?
Rhazer Fusion
(10-11-2013, 01:46 PM)
I hope it returns to it's survival horror roots and also, please do not outsource it Capcom. I actually liked RE6 despite all of it's flaws and I think it played the best out of all the RE games. I even got a platinum in it. It did feel more like an action game with an identity crisis instead of a survival horror game though.
Last edited by Rhazer Fusion; 10-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Hurley
(10-11-2013, 01:47 PM)
The only thing I really liked in 6 was the mercenaries mode. I thought the new changes to the gameplay really made that mode fun imo.