• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

P7eN4yN.png

NSdy9Vl.png

fjLGIuf.png

PcXS2rF.jpg

4xxpPdo.jpg
lPvOnQt.jpg
e8ujneO.jpg
d1Lpsn7.jpg
lF6eueX.jpg

UMObiF9.jpg
1c4wVXC.jpg
ohG13zx.jpg
1DGvKHj.jpg
IbksTk4.jpg

1vbCUCs.jpg

ZGP8Psp.jpg

cuBf6mT.jpg

zawT0bI.png

P80QPO2.jpg

QsLn0Ma.png

XlDx1MS.jpg

hrOkWiG.jpg

pg3mhvg.png

x9AAmDO.jpg

GulAtiCa

Very curious about this. Has there been any reviews yet?

I'm mainly interested in Wii U version, it being $10 cheaper is a nice plus.

Milennia

Nice OT, cant wait for this!
unsure if im picking up ps3 or 360 version, but woot for last retail game for current gen for me until next gen drops!

(and then south park and kingdom hearts 2.5 =p)

Excellent OT my friend.

Very interested to see how reviews of this turn out.

Regardless of scores, the Arkham series is one of my favorites of this gen so I'm incredibly excited to play Origins.

Gbraga

Shit, what? It's really from those guys? Suddenly I'm really excited for this game. I'll check out on the pre-order thing and maybe get it right now.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Seriously contemplating getting this for Wii U.

Only question is...will the fact I have not played any of the previous titles be detrimental towards my enjoyment?

Takes place before Asylum/City so it shouldn't be. Just realize that Rocksteady isn't developing this one so Origins will probably be a step down in quality from the other games. But I have very high hopes. Arkham City makes some of the best use of the WiiU Gamepad still (IMO) so this should be even better in that regard (especially considering this is the team that handled that port).

Derrick01

Banned
Shit, what? It's really from those guys? Suddenly I'm really excited for this game. I'll check out on the pre-order thing and maybe get it right now.

Well it's from the lead designer of both games, he's the creative lead on this game. I mean expect a pretty similar game to arkham city obviously but the finer details of the game should be pretty good hopefully. Like AC's side quests and open world were pretty pointless so hopefully they're better in this game with this kind of experience behind it.

Sober

Derrick is legit excited for this game, so ... that's actually a thing.

Got it for $26 on GMG. I would have payed full price regardless. I can't wait to play. What's the reason as to why it's coming out on Friday as opposed to Tuesday?

Blackgate (3DS/Vita) comes out the same day, maybe because of that. I dunno?

Shiii, I forgot about that. I booted up my 3DSXL yesterday for the first time in 3 mos. and immediately turned it off as there isn't much I felt compelled to play. I just looked up Blackgate, it looks pretty good. If player impressions are good I'll def. pick it up.

Sober

Shiii, I forgot about that. I booted up my 3DSXL yesterday for the first time in 3 mos. and immediately turned it off as there isn't much I felt compelled to play. I just looked up Blackgate, it looks pretty good. If player impressions are good I'll def. pick it up.
Pokemon? :p

Only weird part is Blackgate is a sequel to Origins, so not sure why they needed to release same date, as I'll probably end up playing both, but Blackgate later.

Veelk

Banned
Has it been revealed who the last assassin is?

Deathstroke, Deadshot, Copperhead, Bane, Firefly, Lady Shiva, Electrocutioner
and ????????????????

Takes place before Asylum/City so it shouldn't be. Just realize that Rocksteady isn't developing this one so Origins will probably be a step down in quality from the other games. But I have very high hopes. Arkham City makes some of the best use of the WiiU Gamepad still (IMO) so this should be even better in that regard (especially considering this is the team that handled that port).

Thanks for the info, so what is the word when it comes to WB Montreal?

They don't have the same track record as Rock Steady presume?

I adore the Batsuit for this game, much better than the stupid bug bunny ears of the 1st two games.

Not sure when I'll pick this up though, I want Blackgate 1st and by the time I'm done with that it'll be PS4 time.
I think I might get this just before Xmas to play over the holiday.

Milennia

I thought Mad Hatter, Joker, and Penguin were just villains that show up. Which one of them is against the Bat for money?

Nvm you are right, minute, ill attempt to find it.

I guess they are keeping it a secret, the one i thought was 8 was actually 7.

Ahasverus

I don't know anarky but God he looks awesome.
And I'm sure Joker will be a sicker fucker this time. For some reason, i have the gut feeling this will be the best Arkham story and far darker than the other ones.

Hes revealed as a side character, so it says in the wiki.

The creative director said that the some of the 8 assassins are side characters, and not a part of the main story.

Edit: This is what Eric Holmes said in the AMA on reddit last night

Will all of the assassins be incorporated into the main story, or will some of them only be in side missions?

Eric Holmes:
Most of them are in the main story. Some of them create grandstanding scenarios to draw Batman out, and so join the Most Wanted. Open world options FTW!

Top Bottom