• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(10-21-2013, 11:51 PM)
Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...ts-squads-mode

(note: the first video in the IGN link is the XB1 marketing video, the rest are PS4 vids).
Last edited by chubigans; 10-25-2013 at 07:45 AM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(10-21-2013, 11:52 PM)
The most powerful HW gets the games shown on that more? I expect to see more of this.
Iacobellis
It's all about that lead platform.

Wait, but I thought non-Xbox versions of the game can't be advertised pre-launch? Contract cut short?
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
Whoa. Definitely a first.
TheRealTalker
(10-21-2013, 11:53 PM)
here is the footage by the way... on the IGN player though :/
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/1...ts-squads-mode
Tsundere
Banned
(10-21-2013, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by chubigans

Ban shinobi if old.

lol

Hopefully we have some good footage this time around.
SayItWithMe
(10-21-2013, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

here is the footage by the way... on the IGN player though :/
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/1...ts-squads-mode

Its in the OP's post.
TheRealTalker

Originally Posted by SayItWithMe

Its on the OP's post.

didn't see it before but thanks :D
JehutyRunner
Definitely the first time since the MS-Acti partnership was announced anyways. I remember them showing the PS3 version of CoD4 as part of an E3 showreel (though, admittedly, that was also for Sony's E3 press conference).
StuBurns
Banned
(10-21-2013, 11:55 PM)
Not a big deal.

First since the deal? Sure, but also the first since the deal that the PS version will be better, so there's no reason to think it was the deal that had them showing the 360 version anyway.
RulkezX
(10-21-2013, 11:56 PM)
Interesting , I also saw AC4 adverts on prime time UK TV this week and only Sony platforms were mentioned with the PS4 box art given lead.
J_Lee

But MS is CoDs home right......right
R dott B
I wish they would have actually upgraded the engine.
BruiserBear
Banned
(10-21-2013, 11:57 PM)
This is surprising. I honestly expected we wouldn't see PS4 footage of this game til PS4 launch day.
Moobabe
Sassy with Monet
(10-21-2013, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by RulkezX

Interesting , I also saw AC4 adverts on prime time UK TV this week and only Sony platforms were mentioned with the PS4 box art given lead.

AC has always lead on PS4 as far as adverts go here.
JaggedSac
Interesting. Activision might not be happy about all the Titanfall love from MS.
TGO

hasn't all games done that so far(ubi games anyway)
it's like the Xbone don't exist, even devs talk about PS4 when mentioning Nextgen projects.
The Icon
The first video on the page I believe is X1 footage. In the menu footage you can clearly see an "A" prompt. Must be the other video below it which I haven't watched yet.
Hoodbury
Since he lists out that it's the PS4 at 1080p, is that a hint that maybe the Xbone version isn't 1080p? Otherwise why wouldn't they use the Xbone version?
IHaveIce
(10-21-2013, 11:59 PM)

That is nothing special though. AC was always big advertised on PS mostly. COD was Xbox stuff.
TheRealTalker
from the other thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=8638
not sure about it though
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe IW/Acti has always had discretion to showcase the most polished/best build on whatever platform, and it's just that now it's a playstation rather than a Xbox.

(Although how PC figures in to this I don't know...but maybe they want to showcase it on a console because they know most of the audience is on consoles)
Bailers
It is a trend to just show PS4 isn't it? BF4, COD, AC4, NFS, even Watch Dogs. Was TitanFall the X1 or PC build, anyone know?

I've no doubt the differences are slim between the multi-players, but it makes you wonder why even the games that are going early DLC on X1 are showing the PS4 build.
Wildstar75
(10-22-2013, 12:00 AM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

The most powerful HW gets the games shown on that more? I expect to see more of this.

Yup, seems to be a trend. Are any multi-platform games showing off the One Version over PS4? Perhaps FIFA? But that game looks like shit anyway....
Iacobellis

from the other thread
not sure about it though

I recall reading this and thinking how unreal it was.

The King has retuned.
Massa

Originally Posted by R dott B

I wish they would have actually upgraded the engine.

They did, but their focus is 1080p and 60fps.
Cow Goes Moo
(10-22-2013, 12:01 AM)
unprecedented footage
Rizific
i want to see the recommended GTX780 footage
RealityPales
So why does it show an 'A' button in the videos?
Xer0
Man. Remember the rumors that MS was moneyhatting devs to only show XB1 footage of their games? I'm glad that didn't happen.

In fact, I can't think of any multiplat games that have *only* been shown on XB1.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-22-2013 at 12:07 AM.
GalacticMouse

Originally Posted by The Icon

The first video on the page I believe is X1 footage. In the menu footage you can clearly see an "A" prompt. Must be the other video below it which I haven't watched yet.

The trailer is X1 footage, all the IGN videos will be PS4 footage, although gameplay won't be shown until tomorrow.

Originally Posted by RealityPales

So why does it show an 'A' button in the videos?

Only shows it in the official trailer...
DMPrince
(10-22-2013, 12:02 AM)
but at least microsoft still has the COD deal.
SolidSnakex

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

This is surprising. I honestly expected we wouldn't see PS4 footage of this game til PS4 launch day.

As you should. From what I remember there's never been official CoD PS footage before its release since MS signed that contract. They always use the 360, although I think one time Nvidia demoed it on the PC at one of their events. But never on a PS console.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed

Originally Posted by The Icon

Right, that's the standard marketing footage using XB1. Or at least some build with XB1 buttons.

Originally Posted by gofreak

Maybe IW/Acti has always had discretion to showcase the most polished/best build on whatever platform, and it's just that now it's a playstation rather than a Xbox.

(Although how PC figures in to this I don't know...but maybe they want to showcase it on a console because they know most of the audience is on consoles)

Maybe. But it's weird they would shift when they debuted on XB1, showcased it on Jimmy Fallon on an XB1, and up till now had all trailers and marketing with XB1 buttons.
MikeE21286
Hmmm....
Ps4 builds gonna be the best for sure it seems
Sword Of Doom

Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...ts-squads-mode

Lol at Shinobi comment

Interesting. I guess now people will finally realize they can play COD on the ps4
Krakn3Dfx

Originally Posted by Hoodbury

Since he lists out that it's the PS4 at 1080p, is that a hint that maybe the Xbone version isn't 1080p? Otherwise why wouldn't they use the Xbone version?

Pretty sure IW has said 1080/60 on both.

PS4 version probably ends up running/looking better tho, so it's the version they would want to use for demoing the game.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(10-22-2013, 12:03 AM)
The videos are fail with xbox one controls lol
Alcoholikaust
(10-22-2013, 12:04 AM)
I saw this earlier...alot of babbling and no gameplay
Vire
DancingJesus
Exclusive 1080p Footage!

in IGN's 720p video player.
Tsundere
Banned

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

The videos are fail with xbox one controls lol

The first video isn't new footage. The rest of them are the PS4 ones.
03sho
So, what we have so far on PS4 is just 2 menu videos?

Ok
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(10-22-2013, 12:05 AM)

Maybe. But it's weird they would shift when they debuted on XB1, showcased it on Jimmy Fallon on an XB1, and up till now had all trailers and marketing with XB1 buttons.

Didn't know they showed it on Fallon on XB1. That does make it stranger. Maybe there's something in their contract about TV promo/advertising but not other kinds?
Skeff
(10-22-2013, 12:05 AM)
I will laugh so hard if the CoD adverts eventually get "footage from PS4" at the bottom followed by the standard available on xbox advert finish.

have we even seen real XB1 footage yet? and I don't mean PC with xb1 button prompts like the multiplayer reveal?
The Icon
(10-22-2013, 12:06 AM)

Right, that's the standard marketing footage using XB1. Or at least some build with XB1 buttons.

Ah, I see. *fades away into the shadows*
Mikey Jr.
(10-22-2013, 12:06 AM)
This is........bizarre.

Essentially COD=Xbox.

I mean, it was at their fucking Xbone reveal! They have map packs coming first to Xbone and everything. Strange stuff.

I wonder if they will ask them about that.
TGO
(10-22-2013, 12:07 AM)

from the other thread
not sure about it though

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

This is anecdotal from E3, but...

I've heard the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it.

So unless MS's APIs have improved to the point that this is essentially automatic, the bandwidth and hardware speed are probably irrelevant.

For reference, the story going around E3 went something like this:

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

No way, can't be true
DomeSplitter
Banned

Originally Posted by Iacobellis

It's all about that lead platform.

Wait, but I thought non-Xbox versions of the game can't be advertised pre-launch? Contract cut short?

You're not making any sense whatsoever and you're drawing a big assumption based on nothing. If we go by the MS-Activision partnership and sales history (and online presence), then clearly the Xbox would be the lead platform.
Mihael Mello Keehl

Originally Posted by Tsundere

The first video isn't new footage. The rest of them are the PS4 ones.

I know its not Ive seen it dozens of times, still I was expecting PS4.
TheRealTalker
(10-22-2013, 12:08 AM)
I guess they aren't jumping away from the deal if they just show menu control