• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ask DICE: Linnea Harrison on Level Design

Yay! They replied my question :3
CRY MOAR THESEKS, CRY MOARRRR!!!

DICE said:
Q: I was wondering if it is possible to add maps that take full advantage of the Rush game mode more? I feel the maps at the moment seem to suffer in this mode because of all the other game types.
A: Rush is a game mode that is really fun to play on many of the Battlefield 4 maps, and it’s also one of our favorite game modes in the Multiplayer team. However, our maps are generally built for Conquest, as this is a game mode that is played by the majority (around 70%) of our players. This means that we always need to make sure that the map is 100% awesome in Conquest first-hand, but that being said, we also work hard to make Rush a good option on every map.

*groan* Nothing wrong with doing Conquest first. But they NEED to think their fucking set-placements out.

And watch CTF be limited to Second Assault's maps... same deal there: Too much focus on one mode, not enough on varying for the others.

Acorn

*groan* Nothing wrong with doing Conquest first. But they NEED to think their fucking set-placements out.

And watch CTF be limited to Second Assault's maps... same deal there: Too much focus on one mode, not enough on varying for the others.
I really hope we get a couple decent rush maps. I love cq but right now it's a lag fest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Screw other modes: Conquest Large Every Day All Day!!

Kabuto

bye OT1! We're still preparing to leave Beta
iyuBmldaAIZ4E.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope we get a couple decent rush maps. I love cq but right now it's a lag fest.

I seriously don't see the problem with doing Rush first and then Conquest on the maps. Arica Conquest worked just as well as Rush's variant. The problem with Arica Conquest was putting the bases on that hill/downward slope from second set. If they moved the bases to be on the "sides" or hell... moved the entire Conquest map to last set OR expanded the entire Conquest (B-B-BUT TOO MANY FLAGS ON CONSOLES MEANS PEOPLE WON'T SEE ANYONE ELSE!</DICE>) to 5-7 flags the way Conquest should be it'd be fine.

And there's nothing wrong with making mode specific maps: Conquest Panama worked and like DICE admitted, they couldn't think of a Rush variant for it so it stayed exclusive to Conquest and it worked. Why they can't do it for the other modes, I'll never get.

Screw other modes: Conquest Large Every Day All Day!!

Conquest Large is fine. "Conquest" is terrible. Rush would be better if it had the sets thought out. TDM: Terrible and it seems DICE won't ever solve the spawn issues.

Domination: Conquest just under a different name. Make "Conquest Large" Conquest and "Domination" 3-flag Conquest just infantry only.

In fact that "Q&A" just makes me want to see if there's a BF2 map-editor out there and load a BF2 map up and see if making different modes for the maps is possible from beyond the "Conquest" normality they have just as a thought exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom